Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New Novice Event Idea: I Poke You Dead
demishock Offline
Natural Selection

New Novice Event Idea: I Poke You Dead

This is a rougher idea than my last one, but I wanted to put it out there anyway to see what thoughts people might have. This is probably the sort of event folks would want to gather people for to make sure that the number of participants isn't stacked super unfairly. Rahice and I were talking about it and wondering if there would be a way, too, to incorporate neutrals into it somehow, but if that were the case I'm not sure how the prizes would work for them. If anyone has suggestions to that end, I'd love to hear them! But I kind of envisioned this as an allegiance-only event, so that's what the write-up looks like. That all being said...

Light vs. Dark Novice Event - I Poke You Dead (thanks to Rahice for the title! XD)

Styla Palette: same as ToH

Players will start with enough job levels to be able to form parties.

During the first round, players will be warped to separate maps based on their allegiance (Light players on one, Dark on the other.) Players on each map will each start with 10 Magnifiers (unless the monsters can drop gears that don't need to be revealed?), and they will have 3~5 minutes to whack monsters to try to level and gear up for the fight ahead! Monsters may drop Novice red pots, level 3 bolt and heal scrolls, and novice-only gears (like the ones given to you at the training grounds). Players may want to consult with one another as to who will boost what stats, if some players would rather do melee and others would rather cast spells, and assign their stats accordingly. If people think it'd be a good idea, I thought it would also be fun if all players are given the First Aid and Play Dead skills. Evil

When the 3~5 minutes are up, players will be warped to the ToH Mass Battle map, and from there it will play out like the ToH mass battle except with significantly lesser gears and buffs. Time will be given for strategizing (for example, players may agree to give all of their Heal scrolls to one person with high INT and designate that person as their healer, and give all their bolt scrolls to another to act as a mage!novice, or they may choose to free-for-all with whatever each person collected, etc.), and then the two sides will POKE EACH OTHER TO DEATH! Icon_twisted

Participation Prizes:
Deviruchi Card/False Angel Card (depending on allegiance; both are Hatter)
5 Allegiance Points

Prize for Winning Side:
10 Dark/Light Tokens

Consolation Prize for Losing Side:
5 Dark/Light Tokens

Tokens would be unique to this event (like Taini Stars are unique to Novices vs. Taini) and can be collected and turned in to Sir Melot/Lady Thea for prizes. The following prices are ESTIMATED; I don't know what people would find fair but I tried to rank them based on their rankings in other automated events:

Rough Enriched Ore - 100 Tokens
OCA - 90 Tokens
Jewelry Box - 80 Tokens
DCA - 70 Tokens
Event Bag - 60 Tokens
BG Key - 50 Tokens
OPB - 40 Tokens
Bloody Branch - 30 Tokens
Gold - 20 Tokens
OBB - 10 Tokens

So basically, it's a novice knock-em-out fight between the allegiances. No1 Thoughts?

To help:
Join Test & Dev and/or our heRO wiki
Apply to be a GM or mod
Vote and Review

For help:
Submit a support ticket
Check the heRO wiki

[Image: 29bnhpd.jpg]
10-02-2014 01:17 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
whitedraw Offline
YUKI! xD

RE: New Novice Event Idea: I Poke You Dead

DO IT!!! That is all i can say..

[Image: GLgDZOF.gif]

Nya~~ what are you looking at nya???
10-05-2014 02:07 AM
elendramear Offline

Ohhhhh this sounds fun!! I like this idea a lot! XD
10-05-2014 11:29 AM
Story Teller Offline
Passionate Artist

I WILL NEVER SWEAR FEALTY TO ANYONE! A neutral shall be a neutral only when they don't serve a master nor become a master! (^@_@)^

[Image: tumblr_ny8egaizy41ugfaiio1_500.gif]
10-10-2014 12:01 AM
elendramear Offline

lol I swore fealty under misunderstood pretenses! (I thought it was character specific not account bound ><;; I was hoping to have some neutral characters and at least one light, but now they're all dark @.@;; )(but i guess "tricking" someone into signing over all their characters to the dark side sounds about accurate as to what you'd expect the dark side to do. XD
10-10-2014 11:37 AM