Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Increase lvl range from 10 lvls to 15 lvls
Dr. Dre Offline

Increase lvl range from 10 lvls to 15 lvls

I think many new players and old players would appreciate the exp share lvl range increased from 10 lvls to 15. I think having it increased to 20 lvls would make leeching too common. However a 15 lvl increase isnt bad because people who were not able to party before can ex. a wiz struggling to get to 89+ who is lvl 85 Icon_wink

From Dr. Dre/Menace/ others who want the server to grow.
10-05-2014 08:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Menace651 Offline

RE: Increase lvl range from 10 lvls to 15 lvls

(10-05-2014 08:41 PM)Dr. Dre Wrote:  I think many new players and old players would appreciate the exp share lvl range increased from 10 lvls to 15. I think having it increased to 20 lvls would make leeching too common. However a 15 lvl increase isnt bad because people who were not able to party before can ex. a wiz struggling to get to 89+ who is lvl 85 Icon_wink

+1 to this idea.

I have suggested this a few times in the past before but the GM's have not gone for it. There are many pro's and con's to doing this but I think in the end it would be more beneficial than hurtful to helping the player base.

Too many times have I seen new players join the server and then quit because they got frustrated at not finding any parties or not being able to get to level 89 to join parties. Yes I know there are the "too easy leveling/leeching" argument and "players need to learn how to play their class/solo instead of leeching" but changing the party sharing to 15 levels is not going to change the fact that people are still gonna leech in parties to get an easy 99.

Also with the recent changes to some of the game mechanics some areas and dungeons have become increasingly difficult and almost impossible to play. This makes it even harder for players to find parties and level.

Just @who2 Menace ingame. You should find me if I'm on. thanks!
10-05-2014 10:42 PM
Raizzee Offline

I agree with this, lets face the fact that the population in Hero is low. Its harder to make party now, even muspel with many leecher we still having a trouble making party. Maybe more people will join if they saw making party here isnt that hard.
10-06-2014 08:21 AM
emirusan07 Offline
Love Life Live

(10-05-2014 08:41 PM)Dr. Dre Wrote:  I think many new players and old players would appreciate the exp share lvl range increased from 10 lvls to 15. I think having it increased to 20 lvls would make leeching too common. However a 15 lvl increase isnt bad because people who were not able to party before can ex. a wiz struggling to get to 89+ who is lvl 85 Icon_wink

totally agree with this idea, nice recommendation Icon_wink
10-07-2014 12:09 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
whitedraw Offline
YUKI! xD

I do agree with this increase range. However, we also have to teach people on how to do stuffs as well. Leeching is prolly not a good idea. but yea, I agree.

[Image: GLgDZOF.gif]

Nya~~ what are you looking at nya???
10-07-2014 10:04 PM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

Like if you're a blacksmith, don't be afraid to use overthrust/weapon perfection to buff the party, stock your cart full of ores so you can repair any type of weapon or armor for anything. Also since you have a cart, you can also stock it with some Ygg leaves, just be sure to have some in your normal inventory so you can use it to support the team as soon as possible.

Non-trans chemists can still chuck potions at people, and that should be expected for party play. Blues could be hard to come by, but if you have the mats, don't be afraid to ask people on main to brew some of your stuff if you need it. Can still tap those massive mobs for exp with stuff like cart revo (if you're suicidal), or Marine spheres (Big boom for big exp!).

Then pretty much any class can be an effective lure. So long as you stay ahead of the mob. Swordsman classes are pretty much the default due to peco pecos and their massive HP pools giving them a nice safety cushion to allow for mistakes.

Thief classes are typically used as a distaction or a scout; to me, this means either body guarding the squishy mages to keep them safe from ninja spawns, or luring/scouting ahead of the party, they still have decent HP modifiers from vit, but their specialty will always be their superb flee. Backsliding is a godly skill to move with, especially if you master using /bingbing or /bangbang to spin properly to direct your slides.

[Image: giphy.gif]
The Oka Compendium
: A glorified record of my alt-a-holic-ism. May or may not be up to date at any given point.
10-07-2014 11:10 PM
Shinigami l0_0l Offline
Lost in Time

(10-07-2014 10:04 PM)whitedraw Wrote:  I do agree with this increase range. However, we also have to teach people on how to do stuffs as well. Leeching is prolly not a good idea. but yea, I agree.

teach people how to do stuff?

been there..
and they prefer to leech
10-08-2014 01:36 AM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

(10-08-2014 01:36 AM)Shinigami l0_0l Wrote:  
(10-07-2014 10:04 PM)whitedraw Wrote:  I do agree with this increase range. However, we also have to teach people on how to do stuffs as well. Leeching is prolly not a good idea. but yea, I agree.

teach people how to do stuff?

been there..
and they prefer to leech
That there is when party leaders take responsibility and boot people who don't contribute anything useful to the party. Harsh, yes. But if they're not contributing, they can sit in pront.

[Image: giphy.gif]
The Oka Compendium
: A glorified record of my alt-a-holic-ism. May or may not be up to date at any given point.
10-08-2014 01:51 AM
Story Teller Offline
Passionate Artist

What if party leader has a girlfriend who is doing an essay but she wants to level so she just sits still while her boyfriend does the levelling with a bunch of unhappy campers because she is leeching? I think the level gap restrictions is made so it isn't that exploitable. If I would make an analogy it would be "stop being a baby and start making your own milk!" And I don't mean the human kind... I think... (^°-°)^

[Image: tumblr_ny8egaizy41ugfaiio1_500.gif]
10-08-2014 04:18 AM
whitedraw Offline
YUKI! xD

(10-08-2014 04:18 AM)Story Teller Wrote:  What if party leader has a girlfriend who is doing an essay but she wants to level so she just sits still while her boyfriend does the levelling with a bunch of unhappy campers because she is leeching? I think the level gap restrictions is made so it isn't that exploitable. If I would make an analogy it would be "stop being a baby and start making your own milk!" And I don't mean the human kind... I think... (^°-°)^

I do think that, as for the current server, people almost know everyone. It is totally up to the convo in the party if they are agree with leech, then ok. Unless they are in the normal party and somewhat this guy just not doing anything.

Heck, bard/clown do no shit but bragi. Yes, Bard can do arrow shower and other skills to contribute to the party, but most party these days .. ppl who play bard / clown tends to just .. sit back and relax and sing for the song of their people.

Nothing is going to change lol... but yea.. Thinking

People should get on their feet and work on farming stuff instead of wait for party to happen. really. most card can farm at almost everything. Just you need to think about how they do it.

[Image: GLgDZOF.gif]

Nya~~ what are you looking at nya???
10-08-2014 06:51 AM