Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Nerf Cheap Portal Asura
Menace651 Offline

Nerf Cheap Portal Asura

RE: Reboot Changelog

October 15th reboot:
•Reflect rules changed for Boss monsters. Now if the hit will kill you, or reflect damage exceeds your MaxHP, it won't trigger for Boss Monsters. That counts in both item and skill reflect.
•Few small bug fixes
•Change in @at logic, which could crash server under some circumstances. Yes, we are aware of current problem of missing items inside vend, we'll repair it as soon as possible.
•Birthday quest changes/additions.

Since GM's are nerfing cheap MVP tactics I demand portal asura be nerfed as well. I know this can be done as I have seen it done on other servers. Portal Asura is a cheap game mechanic abuse just like reflect and needs to be nerfed.

These kind of tactics have been around since the very first days of RO and If GM's are going to nerf this kind of stuff now they need to nerf everything to balance out the game.

Just @who2 Menace ingame. You should find me if I'm on. thanks!
10-16-2014 10:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
whitedraw Offline
YUKI! xD

RE: Nerf Cheap Portal Asura

Is it because you cannot do reflect kill boss anymore? XD

I think before the change of SVN portal asura was fine w/o reflecting... but well. nerfing the portal asura means no more 3 sec delay as well. i would rather quit >.>

[Image: GLgDZOF.gif]

Nya~~ what are you looking at nya???
10-16-2014 10:13 PM
Menace651 Offline

(10-16-2014 10:13 PM)whitedraw Wrote:  Is it because you cannot do reflect kill boss anymore? XD

I think before the change of SVN portal asura was fine w/o reflecting... but well. nerfing the portal asura means no more 3 sec delay as well. i would rather quit >.>

It doesn't matter how you do it. The point is they are both an abuse of the game and a game mechanic. If you are going to nerf one you should nerf the other.

10-16-2014 10:53 PM
Story Teller Offline
Passionate Artist

[Image: resized_winter-is-coming-meme-generator-...6df28e.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_ny8egaizy41ugfaiio1_500.gif]
10-16-2014 11:04 PM
Demogorgon Offline
Awesome

Since i partly feel responsible for the nerf (basically asked for it in a Thread) ill give my 2 cents (assuming this Thread is serious) :

Agree, as it was established in the last Thread, that its a general RO Design flaw that Nydd,SM and Valk are designed so over the Top that they almost require cheap Methods (Bee is borderline but imo still reasonable).
(eg: maybe it was both power up + edp but nydd hit me for 120k lately with some skill while sporting alice valk,2 grings and other decent tank gear)

Before SVN update reflec and portalsura (the main cheap tactics used) were both reasonably close to each other in efficiency (reflec being most common choice for valk,portaling for satan/nydd.)

the targeting system revise that made minions only target once the mvp hit you was such a ridicilous buff to reflec tactics tho, that everything was way to easy to kill in a duo or trio setup to a point where it diminished all challenge,hence i asked for the nerf, i felt it was too broken, espacially considering that portalsura setup takes double the people, better gear,more setup time and some measure of work.

I agree that probably portalsura is the next cheapest think (tho not even close to prenerf reflec) and im impartial to wether it gets nerfed too or not (could easily do it by removing 3s safety on entry if wanted), could even see it being a good thing,tho unless it comes with a general rebalance of those mvps stats itd have huge repercussions

1) market would go even more apeshit as it is now
2) many people would just not do those anymore. Less endgame options for stuff to do > less longterm motivation > baaaaaaaad

It sounds like a ridicilous task and burden to rebalance those 3, wo rebalancing next best strategys that spontaniously comes to my head wo uber gear/mvp cards is ad aggro juggling (also easier through minion nerf), tho that means youd have to use comsumables and need skill/teamwork from now on.

Also this would be the next Problem,is aggro juggling considered an abuse of dumb ai too?! in every game people will learn enemy behaviour and counter it (ab)using the mechanics of the fight,so its always player vs Mechanics.The problem with reflect in former state was that this one tactic trivialised basically all of the endgame MVPs.

portalsura on the other hand isnt mashing one button,you have to keep it on warp,coordinate buffs and coordinate lexing and decoy to not warp it. have you tried suraing current sm with sump at 10m? miles away of reflect. (gloom card not considered)

PS: sorry for typos/grammar,not a native speaker
PSS:love the pic Story TellerIcon_biggrin

If you stare into the Abyss there's a 1d20 chance that 2d4 lesser Tanari'i
stare back at you
(This post was last modified: 10-16-2014 11:18 PM by Demogorgon.)
10-16-2014 11:12 PM
whitedraw Offline
YUKI! xD

how about, this? with the reflect, you need 2 people or just 1 to do it, with portal asura, you still need at least 3++ to start the party... at least that is a bit of a party :< oh well.. but I am for the nerf of reflect though.... if portal asura is nerf, high end mvp will be nearly impossible to kill.. think about nyd that will have to nerf ridiculously... valk... do we have people to do those party to even kill nyd ? I know normal killing party will work... but yea oh well really.

[Image: GLgDZOF.gif]

Nya~~ what are you looking at nya???
10-16-2014 11:14 PM
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

As Demogorgon already mentioned, if you nerf portal asura AND reflect without making the high-end MVPs more reasonable, it just means that veteran players (aside from having had long-term access to easy GR/AR) will now also have access to gears that any new player will have virtually no chance to obtain (Proxy Skin Fragment, for example).

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
10-17-2014 11:44 AM
Menace651 Offline

You can sugarcoat and defend portal asura all you want but the matter of fact is that it IS still an abuse of a game mechanic and if GM's are going to nerf other cheap MVP tactics/abuse they should nerf this one as well.

Stealing from someone and kiling them may not be the same but they are still both illegal and dosn't make it any more ok to do one or the other.

10-17-2014 01:21 PM
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

Define "abuse of a game mechanic" - I call it "use of a game mechanic".

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
10-17-2014 02:52 PM
Story Teller Offline
Passionate Artist

[Image: troll1_zps655cadd0.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_ny8egaizy41ugfaiio1_500.gif]