Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Suggestion for new Pet Food NPC Quest
elendramear Offline

Suggestion for new Pet Food NPC Quest

I had an idea about a pet food quest, like the current pet enthusiast quest, to create a means to have access to all the currently unavailable pet foods.
I thought, as a basic template the NPC for this quest could either mirror the current Pet Enthusiast NPC layout (from Prontera near the Pet Groomer), with only having one pet food available at a time, but with a change that the pet food she offers would change monthly between the 5 currently unavailable pet foods.(6 if you count that the only way to get Spirit Liquor is currently from her quest and so would also need to be included)
A different NPC layout (though this would probably require a new NPC) would be similar to the Monster Tamers in Alberta, Aldebaran, and Izlude, in the sense that they have a drop down menu of options of different items they can make you. This design would be more convenient since players would then be able to get any of the food items they need when ever they need them.

As for the actual quest, I was thinking along the same lines as the current quest for Spirit Liquor from the Pet Enthusiast. She asks for 20 broken liquor jars and 1 alcohol for 20 Spirit Liquors, I think these items suit the end pet food well and are of reasonable difficulty/cost to acquire for feeding the Wanderer pet. I've tried to come up with some items that similarly make sense to be combined into the final pet food, and show the proper difficulty of acquiring them for the power of the pet they are for.

Pet Food Name: Pet Name: Items Required to make: # of Foods Made:
Plant Nutrition -Stone Shooter- 1 Empty Bottle + 1 Hinalle Leaflet + 1 Aloe Leaflet =1
Sunset Cocktail -Dullahan- 1 Mixed Juice + 1 Alcohol =5
Traditional Cookie -Bascojin - 1 Peach Cake+ 1 yellow plate =1
Well Ripened Strawberry -Miyabi Doll- 1 Strawberry + 5 Clock Hand =1
Whole Barbecue -Red Deleter- 1 Bomber Steak + 1 Matchstick +5 Log =10

I don't have the exact dialog for each pet food written up at the moment, but I'd be willing to write that as well, based off of similar NPC quests. But first I was hoping to hear what people thought, and if the GMs thought this was a good idea Icon_biggrin;

Love The Pet Maniac! Love If you have any questions about pets, or there's a pet you'd like feel free to ask me!No1 IGN: Kiki Raemtal, Tessara, Terrimi, Kali KiRin, Elendramear, and Kaira Niami. Also leader of the Gotta Catch 'em All! Guild.
10-27-2014 10:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sen Offline
Arcana Gala

RE: Suggestion for new Pet Food NPC Quest

To be honest, I had no idea there was a pet enthusiast npc/quest, so I checked it in-game and now thanks to you, I know that they have upgraded to sell more pet food now xD

This idea is kinda cute, but I dunno what gms have to say about having this though Icon_biggrin
I'd be super pro if they added green maiden/chung e in the pet list :<??

[Image: c6wglkt.gif]
Arcana Gala : thread &tumblr
Send me a pm!

10-28-2014 03:34 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Story Teller Offline
Passionate Artist

And here is where I insert a pokemon song

[Image: tumblr_ny8egaizy41ugfaiio1_500.gif]
10-28-2014 07:34 PM
whitedraw Offline
YUKI! xD

I do personally think that people do forget about the ... watever that quest is where you can do it every month... the one that you have to go hunt something and the rewards are gold... ahahaha!!! start at prontera as well

[Image: GLgDZOF.gif]

Nya~~ what are you looking at nya???
10-28-2014 10:38 PM
EggShen Offline

Monster Extermination?
10-29-2014 08:13 AM
whitedraw Offline
YUKI! xD

yesh that thing.. monster extinction quest

10-30-2014 02:10 AM
Sen Offline
Arcana Gala

Bringing this back, need to find a way to get Sunset Cocktail. My sister recently got her Dullahan pet and she's thrilled to have it, but sadly no food for it. It's sad to see that. I've never seen anyone so excited about getting a dullahan pet to be honest lol.

Hopefully the food that are not available are implemented soon.

Send me a pm!

11-05-2014 10:59 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Flare Offline
These sinners never sin...

According to the HeRO wiki, Dullahan eat pumpkin..

http://www.pandoraonline.net/heRO_wiki/i...#Halloween

[Image: 97427070.png]
"Only the fool wishes to go into battle to beat someone for the satisfaction of beating someone." -A Thousand Sons
11-05-2014 04:15 PM
whitedraw Offline
YUKI! xD

Dullahan was a vegetarian

11-06-2014 03:11 AM
Sen Offline
Arcana Gala

It doesn't eat pumpkin anymore. It asks for Sunset Cocktail. I think the dullahan is now very troubled with the sudden svn and is having identity crisis, maybe even going down the path of an alcoholic. These are troubling times.

((But yes, I recall someone telling me that the new update must have messed up some custom monsters feed. Last time we checked, it didn't ask for pumpkin??)

Send me a pm!

11-06-2014 07:51 AM