Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
ToH Strategems
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

ToH Strategems

Assuming you're not going for PVP trials, what are some of your strategies for doing well in ToH?

I'm usually at a fairly large disadvantage since I love going on High priest to take care of stuff (Monster trials, if I can't kill it with wing bolts in the time allotted or I can't healbomb/ME them to death, I run like the wind!)

Especially looking for tips with the Item trial, though I have been working on a stalker to Gank some of the loots there.

[Image: giphy.gif]
The Oka Compendium
: A glorified record of my alt-a-holic-ism. May or may not be up to date at any given point.
11-05-2014 06:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Menace651 Offline

RE: ToH Strategems

IMO, Best classes at ToH from best to worst:

1. WS(str/vit), LK(str/vit), Sinx(str/vit)
2. Sniper, Creo
3. Everything else

WS, LK's and SinX's are the best classes for ToH because of their high vitality, stun immunity and relatively high damage output. However, the down side is that the need pretty hefty gears to be successful (icepick, immaterial sword, reduction gears, etc.).

Sniper and Creo's come in second because they are relatively cheap and easy to play in ToH, however, they don't have the survivability of a Vit class.

Every other class is pretty difficult to play (especially casters) because they lack good damage output or survivability. Although I have seen some of these classes successfully complete TOH with 70+ points like Supernovices, Gunslingers and Soul Linkers. I have yet to see a Prof or Hwiz complete ToH with a score higher than 70 doing Monster+Item Trials.

Me personally, I used to use a Shield Chain Paladin or WS and always easily finished with a score of 80 or higher. But the last few ToH's I have been using my Creo because I like the high damage from AD (Can 1-2 shot most mobs) and also the extra carry weight from their carts to carry extra potions.

My advice, if you want an easy 70 points and have the gears then roll with a Str/Vit LK, WS or Sinx. If you don't have icepick, immat sword, etc. then roll with a Sniper or Creo. If you want a challenge or just want to mess around then go with a something else.

Just @who2 Menace ingame. You should find me if I'm on. thanks!
11-05-2014 09:11 PM
whitedraw Offline
YUKI! xD

If you have enough gear,

Sinx > WS > LK > Snipers > Creos > Everything else

pretty much similar to what menace states above... you need gears to protect yourself, esp the miniboss.

Almost 80% of all people fail at the miniboss section because some of these reasons,

miniboss has 200k HP and there is no way you can beat it,

miniboss has 70+ Def which, well creo will kill it easily if the boss wont kill creo first, other classes are pretty much hard to kill

miniboss usually has the zerk skills when its HP is less than 30% or 20% which basically kills all the close range DPS class...

or.. All of the above plus penuma....

However, Range classes will have 100% more advantage during items because they can just stand still and kill every-living-things around...

WS to me seems like the best but waste the most money into TOH if you are going for Monster-Item...
plus side is that you can 1 shot every monster in the item trial.

[Image: GLgDZOF.gif]

Nya~~ what are you looking at nya???
11-05-2014 10:29 PM
demishock Offline
Natural Selection

I've done all of my ToHs (I think I've done like 18, and only didn't make my voucher points twice) on my SBK sinx (STR/INT). I have approximately no high-end gear. I ToH with: elemental katars; an Odin's Blessing + Evil Druid card; uncarded, safe-limit refined Wool/Tidals; a Dia Ring + Phen; a Brad Ring + Mantis; Mask of Goddess; Black Hip Ribbon; and an uncarded safe-limit Hermode's Cap.

Monster Trial strategy: approach slowly, damage check, kill if I can, die if I can't (I am no good at running away. Even when I try, I usually fail. I never managed to master Backslide. Despite playing for years, I am not good at RO and don't claim to be.) As a general rule, I tend to do okay in the first 3 rounds and then bomb the last 2, for a total of 30 points.

Item Trial strategy: Steal. One-hit KO every monster with SBK using my +5 Inverse Scare. Usually run out of SP items halfway through and suicide on a Garm to res with full SP. If I don't get the full 50 points here, I have to make up the rest in trivia, or, on one very lucky occasion, when my side (Dark) won mass battle while I was down in points.

I don't think I've ever managed to get to 90+ points, though, so if you're looking to go to 100, I can't help you there. XD

To help:
Join Test & Dev and/or our heRO wiki
Apply to be a GM or mod
Vote and Review

For help:
Submit a support ticket
Check the heRO wiki

[Image: 29bnhpd.jpg]
11-06-2014 01:15 AM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

Are the Items from the NPC's worth it in the Item trial? Does anyone have an Idea who makes what and where they're located? I know the Monsters haven't changed in a good long while.

[Image: giphy.gif]
The Oka Compendium
: A glorified record of my alt-a-holic-ism. May or may not be up to date at any given point.
11-06-2014 07:36 AM
demishock Offline
Natural Selection

I could have sworn I put a map of the NPC locations on the wiki once upon a time... My apologies; I will try to remember to do that when I get home from work unless someone beats me to it!

To help:
Apply to be a GM or mod
Vote and Review

For help:
Submit a support ticket
Check the heRO wiki

11-06-2014 08:28 AM
EvolutionXI Offline
Sniped

Map + Drop Details: http://i47.tinypic.com/zwj0b4.jpg

For Item Trial, there are basically two ways people go about doing it.
a) Focus on getting certain items first (e.g., the direct drops)
b) Doing it all together.

I personally prefer doing it all at once.

Just figure out what monster you don't have to kill and spend the first 10 minutes or so killing everything else. You normally don't have to move around the map much and there won't be missed opportunities like option "a" (e.g., not killing a Garm next to you because you're focusing on other monsters even though you will need to kill Garm later).

An issue that some people have with this though is the constant switching of weapons if they're going to try to use different elements for each monster. Decent gear and a holy weapon is more than enough to use for everything though.
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2014 08:45 AM by EvolutionXI.)
11-06-2014 08:36 AM
whitedraw Offline
YUKI! xD

to Evo post,

In additional to that, Sniper is best for item trial by far 100%

Gear for this would be OAB with steel arrow and Immat arrow...
My sniper has INT 20 (the left over stats after agi 99 and dex 99)
also this is additional cheat code for me, wear Rideword hat, it gives 5% chance to give you crap loads of SP back.

First when Item trial starts, take some times to figure out what to kill and what not. Mostly Gms will leave out 1-2 monster that you do not have to kill... and 1 monster that you only need 1 drop from it.. mostly something like Bapho for the milk to make 8-10 cheese or single items for 50 ea of them..

If you have to kill Thana as well for its armor and others, set up your immat arrow and steel arrow so you can switch it.

If you have to kill turtle general, FA the shit out of it. Usually the best case is 1 FA, 1 turtle. Other things, Steel arrow almighty. Kill everything else with it.

Other than htat is just to keep track with your items on how much you already have. Most of the items require some things that has 8% drop....make sure to have enough of those because when you leave those until the end, you will end up hunting for the same thing everyone else also do...

ex. the luna emblem from garm... You will find almost no garm near the end becuase 8% drop is way too shitty XDDDDDD

That is from me as sniper.

[Image: GLgDZOF.gif]

Nya~~ what are you looking at nya???
11-06-2014 09:16 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

(11-05-2014 06:47 PM)The Legendary Joe Wrote:  Assuming you're not going for PVP trials, what are some of your strategies for doing well in ToH?

I'm usually at a fairly large disadvantage since I love going on High priest to take care of stuff (Monster trials, if I can't kill it with wing bolts in the time allotted or I can't healbomb/ME them to death, I run like the wind!)

Especially looking for tips with the Item trial, though I have been working on a stalker to Gank some of the loots there.

Oka Joe, if you'd like to continue doing ToH on HP, have you considered getting a joker card for item trial?

I know some of the players useta do that to get 80+ points total in monster+ item trial.

Stalker could be okay, bow build could be stronger here since they can long range things and you can do it without super high end gears.. You'll need some pretty great gear for dagger Stalker in ToH. Unfortunately you cannot take FSK + BB there, and that's what you'll want to make things easy for you. I just worry you'll get KS'd too much on item as a dagger build without FSK as well. You'll basically face similar problems with dagger stalker as you will with HP for the most part.

I've only ToH'd twice in my whole time on the server. But I did pass on Prof both times with Monster+PvP (against some GTB's even). Pretty sure if I had done item instead, I would have insta failed though. x)

Anyway, that's it for my useless commentary on this topic.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2014 11:30 PM by Aaronock.)
11-06-2014 10:12 PM
demishock Offline
Natural Selection

Item Trial data is up on the wiki now; thanks for pointing out its lack!

To help:
Apply to be a GM or mod
Vote and Review

For help:
Submit a support ticket
Check the heRO wiki

11-06-2014 11:05 PM