Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Shortcuts keep resseting
mikkoman Offline

Exclamation Shortcuts keep resseting

^ Basically it.

Whenever I close the client and open it again all my shortcut keys had been reset to nothing. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Also what are the other clients for?
heRO no death.exe
heRO blue.exe
etc.
11-17-2014 10:50 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Menace651 Offline

RE: Shortcuts keep resseting

Here's a quick rundown.

heRO.exe - the regular heRO launcher.

heROpatcher.exe - the heRO launcher with the patch launcher too.

heRO no death.exe -
this is just the same version as the regular heRO.exe except when you die there is no pop-up window with the "respawn at last savepoint" or "return to game" choices. This version was implemented because players would accidently select/click "return to town" or "respawn at last checkpoint" when they died sometimes. It's not a big deal now with the new SVN but most players still prefer to use this launcher.

heRO blue.exe - not sure what this one is for as I've never used it myself. Maybe it was to launch a RO version with a different "blue" skin or text? But with simple testing I don't really see any difference between this and the other launchers.

Now, onto your problem with the hotkeys not saving. I've never run into this problem myself personally but I would think it has something to do with the client not saving your hotkeys to the "Userkeys.lua" file in your "data" folder or to your "Optioninfo.lua" file in your "savedata" folder. Check to see that your have these files in your folder.

Another cause could be the heRO.exe file not saving your hotkey options for whatever reason. I have noticed that when using the "heRO.exe" and "heRO no death.exe" versions of the launcher the hotkeys don't transfer to each launcher (aka each launcher file saves it's own hotkeys). Try running HeRO using the "heRO no death.exe" launcher and saving your hotkeys on that version and see if it keeps them. Hope this solves your problem.

*edit. Just thought of something else. Try running your heRo.exe launcher in admin mode and share access of your HeRo game folder to all users on your computer(I'm assuming you are using a windows OS). Your windows OS might not be letting you make changes to your heRo folder such as changing game files to save your in game shortcut bindings if the folder isn't shared to all users with full read/write access or if you are running as a non-admin user with limited priveliges such as guest mode.

Just @who2 Menace ingame. You should find me if I'm on. thanks!
(This post was last modified: 11-18-2014 02:05 AM by Menace651.)
11-17-2014 08:31 PM
mikkoman Offline

Ahaha nah, Admin mode doesn't work. I already tried that.
I reinstalled again and it still doesn't work. hmmm I wonder why...

Is heRO kRO? or iRO?
it might be because i'm using kRO installation but still...

It seems that i didn't have an entire Data folder as well as the savedata folder was empty.I copied from another server, and it worked... very peculiar
11-18-2014 07:01 AM
Menace651 Offline

(11-18-2014 07:01 AM)mikkoman Wrote:  Ahaha nah, Admin mode doesn't work. I already tried that.
I reinstalled again and it still doesn't work. hmmm I wonder why...

Is heRO kRO? or iRO?
it might be because i'm using kRO installation but still...

It seems that i didn't have an entire Data folder as well as the savedata folder was empty.I copied from another server, and it worked... very peculiar

Glad you were able to figure it out. I believe HeRO is KRO based, according to my HeRO files, but we recently upgraded to a new SVN so don't know if that matters.

Also did you use the complete installer or just the mini installer? It's always best just to start fresh with a full install. I've run into problems before when mixing RO files form different servers.

Just @who2 Menace ingame. You should find me if I'm on. thanks!
(This post was last modified: 11-18-2014 07:43 AM by Menace651.)
11-18-2014 07:41 AM
mikkoman Offline

I used a Fresh Kro installation. and the mini installer..
11-18-2014 02:15 PM
cane 33 Offline
Pancake

What OS you use? Windows 7 or 8?
Because the problems is about of OC (Operative Control).
I suggest you to send a pm to GM-Garr: he know how to fix this problem (I can't help you, because I forgot one of the steps for fix the problem)

[Image: 2uikp3q.jpg]

Ren is the best
11-21-2014 05:50 PM
Zeroxas Offline
Master Noobie Helper :D

make sure your RO folder has a plain folder named Data - this is needed to save your "Userkeys"

[Image: 207274i.jpg]
Image size reduced by Ciar because it breaks the rules regarding signature sizes
12-01-2014 12:55 PM