Item Trial was too hard
Item Trial was balanced
Item Trial was too easy
Trivia was too Hard
Trivia was balanced
Trivia was too Easy
I quit!
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Trial of Heroes November 2014 Feedback thread
GM-Garr Offline
Local friendly code monkey

Trial of Heroes November 2014 Feedback thread

Host: GM-Garr

Monsters:
10x Silent One ( Custom )
7x Killing One ( Custom )
5x Tough One ( Custom )
3x Gobble One ( Custom )
1x Chosen One ( Custom )

Items:
60 Red Cape
48 Flower of Lady
12 Captain Boots
8 Fancy Robe
6 Magic Necklace
Congratulations to Strut, who got 50!

PvP High Scores:
Hanazawa Kana (35 points)

Trivia:
What is the name of the Light Allegiance Goddess (Hestia, no one got it)
What is the skill that lets you switch positions with your homunculus? (Castling, 4 people got it)
What's the base success chance of lvl 4 Full Strip? (13, 8 people got it)
What city will you go to to make a hat like a known detective once wore? (Lighthalzen, no one got it because of typo in answer, which was submitted as Lighthaltzen)
What's the only required item to make Tiny Egg Shell? (Egg Shell, 13 people got it)
What monster drops a card that gives a chance to stun in armor? (Majoruros or Rybio, 6 people got it)
How many vowels are there in word "Garr"? (1, 17 people got it)

Mass Battle:
Dark won (2-0, 2 Light vs 13 Dark)

Total players: 23
Dark heroes: 16
Light heroes: 7

Duration: 3 hours.

Thanks for joining!

Want to help HeRO with new content? Join the T&D Team!

For info on the server, check out the HeRO wiki.
To see your ingame account, visit the Control Panel.
If you encounter any problems, don't hesitate to submit a Support Ticket.

And don't forget:
Not all dragons are bad...
11-29-2014 06:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

RE: Trial of Heroes November 2014 Feedback thread

Monster trial was Fun, but a tad on the scary difficult side. It had a lot of fun gimmicks thrown in that made me think of Ayu's ToH's.

The silent one didn't really give me any problems other than the decrease agi, but with halloween backpack poisoning them and my stalkers double attack, they died quite easily, despite their plant defense. I could see ranged characters and casters having issues with them due to that Wall of fog they kept spamming though.

The Killing one was wierd. They seemed passive at first, but they hit hard and assisted each other. I managed to hide and they'd stop. Started trying to attack with envenom and hiding away like usual, but for some reason it kept chasing me after I unhid. I had to end up running this round, that was pretty much the last of my "Victories". I'm not sure if they were using EDP or just enchant poison, but when they all start gunning for you, it's definitely scary.

The tough one was derped. A giant golem sprite with quagmire and asura strike. I thought I could flee it for eternity, so long as I backslid out of quagmire. Was getting good damage spamming my attacks on it 1v1 when it unleashed a surprise asura strike that one shot me. Learned later on that it was supposed to have a 2.5 sec cast time and be interuptible, but gar threw in a bonus question for that little derp. I really didn't like it's 40 k HP though...

The gobble one reminded me intensely of Ayu, Shrinking me down with Eswoo at the beginning of the fight when I tried to lure one away from the others (I ended up backsliding in a direction I didn't intend and getting them all on my bum). They attacked quite fast, though I hear others got trolled by them with earthquake.

The chosen one was the one that seriously hurt my pride today, as well as many others. I was really wearing the wrong armor for it (though he would have still countered me anyway). I hear people got changed into zombies by this thing and TU'ed, but I got Pressured and Hit with a super powerful holy light with Evil druid armor on when I was trying to run past.

Item trial was okay. My main issues was dealing with the other players on the map. Next time, My stalker's coming with FSK. Hated walking up and finding a Bascojin to kill and lo and behold, it just got double strafed by a sniper who was behind me. I would say that it was borderline balanced and hard if only that I had like 100 Soft silks and only like 30 Flowers of Lady before the 30 minutes were up.

[Image: giphy.gif]
The Oka Compendium
: A glorified record of my alt-a-holic-ism. May or may not be up to date at any given point.
11-29-2014 06:49 PM
Menace651 Offline

Monster trial was too absurdly unfair. There were too many OMG SUPRISE one shot kill skills from the monsters like the Asura Golems and EQ Hill Winds. You pretty much had to have tons of reducs/vit and Miniboss/MVP cards to survive them.

Item Trial was harder than usual with having to hunt the thanatos and low %chance drop items. Luckily GM's let people make up some of those lost points with Bonus Trivia Questions. But I still saw a lot of people finish with low scores.

Mass Battle was the first on I've seen in awhile that Dark outnumbered Light. Kind of sad to see 15 Dark massacre 2 light heroes Icon_razz

Just @who2 Menace ingame. You should find me if I'm on. thanks!
11-29-2014 07:17 PM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

(11-29-2014 07:17 PM)Menace651 Wrote:  Monster trial was too absurdly unfair. There were too many OMG SUPRISE one shot kill skills from the monsters like the Asura Golems and EQ Hill Winds. You pretty much had to have tons of reducs/vit and Miniboss/MVP cards to survive them.

Item Trial was harder than usual with having to hunt the thanatos and low %chance drop items. Luckily GM's let people make up some of those lost points with Bonus Trivia Questions. But I still saw a lot of people finish with low scores.

Mass Battle was the first on I've seen in awhile that Dark outnumbered Light. Kind of sad to see 15 Dark massacre 2 light heroes Icon_razz

Payback for all those years of them outnumbering dark, I say!

[Image: giphy.gif]
The Oka Compendium
: A glorified record of my alt-a-holic-ism. May or may not be up to date at any given point.
11-29-2014 07:24 PM
Arcanju Offline

My first ToH, so I don't have anything to compare it to... but here's my feedback.
Note that I decided to use my High Priest, which clearly affects the experience...

Silent One - Wall of fog on the very first enemy confused me. It made me waste some time trying to figure out if you had to /ns or not in ToH. I probably still could have killed them all if I knew the 30 and 10 second remaining warnings would pop up, but after I was halfway done I left since I thought I was out of time.
Killing One - Left after I got hit with a sonic blow that did something like 3/4 of my HP.
Tough One - Left after I got hit with an asura that did something like 3/4 of my HP.
Gobble One - Left after finding out they were immune to my cold bolts. I never experienced their earthquake, thankfully.
Chosen One - He killed me, but I really liked this enemy. Strip armor + make undead + TU is a clever skill set for a monster.
Overall... I now understand why people say ToH needs spike damage. If you don't kill these things quickly, you're going to get one-shot. I only survived them because of being somewhat tanky + assumptio.
I also noticed that the hitpoint sum for most of the rounds was fairly consistent, somewhere below 200k, which is more damage output 2 minutes than I was expecting.

I thought I was prepared for the item trial, but what I didn't consider was just how CROWDED the place would be. My strategy going in was lex + lv3 bolt from wings = one-shot, so I didn't have to suffer any of their attacks. And it might have worked, except that by the time lex's after-cast delay was done, the mob was often already killed by somebody else. Not that anybody was trying to KS, it's just that they run onto the screen and kill everything so fast, and didn't even know I had lexed it or was casting a bolt. So I found I had to bolt twice (or more, if a bacsojin healed the thing), which was much less effective.

Mass Battle had the same crowded feel. I couldn't help but thinking that an AoE could wipe out half the team really easily.
Also, even with the enforced colour templates, after everybody's skill effects (that might alter the character's color or otherwise modify their appearance slightly), I still found it hard to tell if somebody was on light or dark.

Suggestions:
- For the monster / items runs, can we show the timer? Like the one that shows up during PVP?
- For item trial, multiple instances of the map, with a maximum number of players for each map, might be worth considering.
- For trivia, it would be useful to mention in the instructions that you can guess multiple times.
11-30-2014 12:59 PM
w@isAn Offline
I'm Rabbit Lover!

wow 2 lights VS 13 dark... world has changed...
i hope i can attend for the next toh, if the time allowing..

w@isAn | w@isAn~ | w@ikiki | Inori Yuzuriha |
Fairy Tail | Melodi | zeRo~ | Baby Milo | Waivo |
Love
12-01-2014 12:19 AM
whitedraw Offline
YUKI! xD

To Arcanju, Welcome to the first TOH!!!! You will have a lot of fun from now on!!!!

and Wai, Light lost because you were not there to encourage them

[Image: GLgDZOF.gif]

Nya~~ what are you looking at nya???
12-01-2014 02:41 AM
VietNam90 Offline

I was fail ToH...Thinking
(This post was last modified: 12-01-2014 12:00 PM by VietNam90.)
12-01-2014 10:19 AM