Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Request for Stalker Guide
Adrillf Offline
Google Me

Request for Stalker Guide

I'm finishing up my characters that I know how to build, gear, level and get experience on, and my eye is set on making a stalker next. . . but I feel like I'd be horrible at trying to figure all of it out on my own and would take far too long to level and most likely come up with a bad build.

Does anyone know of any good guides for different builds (because from what I can tell there are about 5 or 6 different ones), gears, and even leveling guides? Or even write one of your own?

Stalkers look amazing and the possibilities of what they can do seems sort of stupid crazy, but I don't know if I'm just looking at it wrong because I can't seem to get there on my own.

Thank you! Icon_biggrin
11-22-2014 05:50 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Menace651 Offline

RE: Request for Stalker Guide

Stalkers are pretty simple and there are many fun builds but here are some of the more viable ones.

1. Dagger Stalker (Str/Agi) - the basic dagger/double attack build. This build is extremely weak and is more used to auto-gank farm. Better if you copy monk's triple attack or another skill to help.

2. Bow Stalker (Agi/Dex) - probably the easiest and fastest way to level as a Rogue/Stalker. Just spam DS on stuff like Kasas at Thors.

3. Magic Stalker (Int/Dex) - copy a bolt or AOE skill (Claymore, Thunderstorm, etc.). Spam Bolts on stuff or mob with AOE skills. You could mob Rachel Sanctuary, Anolians or Alarms with Thunderbolt/Claymore or other AOE skills. With good gears you could also play as a Wizard in a party. Just don't expect to do tough dungeons like Thors or DG.

4. Bowling Bash Stalker (Str/Vit or Dex/Vit) - more of a PVP build but you can use it to mob outside of PVP too. Just copy bowling bash and go mob stuff. You can BB with a bow.

Those are pretty much the bread and butter builds. You can mess around with strip builds and other builds but these are the easiest ones. I would recommend leveling using a Bow/Claymore/Magic Build then resetting to something else once you are higher level depending on what you want to do with your Stalker end-game.

Just @who2 Menace ingame. You should find me if I'm on. thanks!
(This post was last modified: 11-22-2014 11:30 AM by Menace651.)
11-22-2014 11:18 AM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

The Int/Dex Builds work wonders with claymore traps as well, though I feel that the updates to the SVN might have nerfed those traps a bit. Magic builds however will have trouble in places like thors where the Mdef is painfully high, Even with a Requiem hat for that Mdef ignorance. I would not recommend going the magic route with out a Bazerald, or Ideally, an Elemental Sword.

I've hated going for Agi/Dex Bow builds on Stalker because I always felt it lacking. It'll never have the power that Any archer class would have from Improve concentration and Owls Eye. I suppose it's still safer/less gear intensive than a melee build, but meh. I suppose if you're fighting shadow/undead monsters, you could copy asperio to compliment the damage of OAB and steel arrows and do DS that-a-way.

If you like going for sheer damage output, Bowling bash with a bow can be amazing if you get the cards/elemental arrows right for your target monster. Can Spam it faster than a knight can with all that dex, but you'd still have to tank your own mobs, and probably can't take as many hits as a knight would. I used to know a few dudes from LW way back in the day who used to mob up banshees and destroying them with Bowling Bash and a Bow. I've never had any luck with that though, I always end up mobbing more than I can handle <_>;;

I tend to go for the ganking builds most often tho. I like to copy asperio with my Evil druid armor and use it on my own SPC dagger to get that extra Oomph that.

Some stalkers Copy TU and go the Anubis route. Though they can't get that ridiculous dodge rate and magic immunity like aco classes can by blessing the nubi, with the right gears a stalker can get a higher amount of luk than a priest can (not counting gloria bonuses) thanks to Excalibur.

-----------------------------------------------------

As I usually go for a Ganker mode, I'm usually in a Str/agi/dex mode With gears towards flee and str. If I can flee it (I'm at the 95% flee limit for most monsters I grind on), and I can hit it, I can probably level on it. Generally speaking 60-75, I'm on hill winds/nekoring.

As it is right now, Bathories have doubled exp. Could use a SPC, hydra, or BG weapon with that asperio trick to Make them even more of a joke, and gank the whisers around the area as well. Their exp at present is enough to grind you well into the high 90's from 75 if you solo. I'd recommend a Bathory armor (having worn both Whisper and Evil druid armor so I could make use of my Snowier clips to grind down there, I can safely say that the Joker's Soul Strike hurts! Took down like 80% of my health!) so they can't recover what little MP they get from blood sucking. Either Keep the WSS/Fabrics for yourself or sell them to Chemists for big bucks!

Or you could grind in Moscovia dungeon. With healing items and a wind weapon, you could probably start taking on Baba Yaga's in the 60's and make use of the OC fodder that is those Pieces of Cake. Uzhas, I wouldn't advise taking on until you're sure you have enough flee. Her attacks can hurt, especially when mobbed. When you're feeling confident, start shanking them mavka for their mirrors and roses and Blue Herbs. Overcharge heaven for the most part. Blue herbs for Blue pots, keep or sell to chems again *-*. Just an important note, do not change targets after you damage a monster in Moscovia, they won't cast their spells until they take damage and all their stuff is interuptable. Wouldn't want to get hit with that painful waterball....

I always like farming down in Byalan f5 with the merman and strouf. Merman and Deviace are where the exp's at. Stroufs are where the money at if you're good at card hunts. Just don't let Strouf/Deviace get a waterball off and you'll pretty much be in the clear.

I have more spots I like to dabble in. I think I would be able to solo in Odin's f2 with my stalker if it weren't for Frus liking to strip me q.q;;

[Image: giphy.gif]
The Oka Compendium
: A glorified record of my alt-a-holic-ism. May or may not be up to date at any given point.
(This post was last modified: 11-23-2014 05:48 PM by The Legendary Joe.)
11-22-2014 11:59 AM
Zeroxas Offline
Master Noobie Helper :D

Stalker is a highly versatile class you gotta find what is best and suits your play style, he gave you some great choices there, GL ^_^

[Image: 207274i.jpg]
Image size reduced by Ciar because it breaks the rules regarding signature sizes
11-26-2014 07:14 PM