Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ktul bug?
Adrillf Offline
Google Me

Ktul bug?

To summon ktul you either need 4 powders or 4 scales, you put those items on the flames, and Ktul jumps out ready to eat your face for a fun filled time of death and destruction.

Now, this is great fun, and I wanted to partake in said fun so I grabbed my 4 scales, went to the cave and tried to summon him.

There's a little problem here.

The flames are up (which means I should be able to summon him), I have the items, I even did the Ice Necklace quest so that isn't a problem, and when I chat with the burning flames the chat comes up saying that the fame is burning bright and that it'll take something special to put out the flame. Which typically means that the game, for some reason, is not recognizing the scales that I have in my inventory.

I tried different characters, and even tried throughout the next two hours (the time that it typically takes for the flames to respawn if someone else had killed it) and the result was the same, no matter how many scales I had with me, no matter if I had done the quest on a character or not, and no matter how long I tried to wait, I can not summon Ktul.

Is this a bug that other people are running into, or is it something that only I am having issues with?

Thanks!
Icon_smile
12-16-2014 01:14 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Garr Offline
Local friendly code monkey

RE: Ktul bug?

I've just double checked both script-wise and ingame, and I was able to use Ice Scales if I had Ice Necklace Quest done to at least some point, where you gain the clean Necklace and Frozen Snow Powders to be exact. There are 2 checks in succession, first one being quest, 2nd one being item (checks for Powder, then for Scale). I can't vouch that you have right Ice Scales, but to my knowledge there's only one type of such item in game. Can you please name the characters you started it on? I'll have to check your quest variables to see the quest progress, so I can fully try to reproduce this bug. Thank you.

Want to help HeRO with new content? Join the T&D Team!

For info on the server, check out the HeRO wiki.
To see your ingame account, visit the Control Panel.
If you encounter any problems, don't hesitate to submit a Support Ticket.

And don't forget:
Not all dragons are bad...
12-16-2014 06:56 AM
Adrillf Offline
Google Me

RE: Ktul bug?

Tulio was first try. Not sure on his quest progression so I tried on AdrilIf for the second try which I'm almost positive has done the quest. Was using the ice scales dropped from the Santa Girl. Give me a second and I'll try with Adrillf which I know for a solid fact has done the quest.

Well now that's odd, maybe I didn't do the quest on the character I thought I had finished it on

Yes, tried with Adrillf and got the message -
"The flames in this fire barrier crackle with magic power. There's no way that you can put this fire out with conventional means."

On the other two characters I had no option of using the ice scales, but I got the option today of using the ice scales on Adrillf so that's okay, I'll just summon him on a different character and then character jump. Maybe it's just a problem with my memory and I didn't actually do the quest on the characters that I thought I had done the quest on.
12-16-2014 12:59 PM