Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Swordsman Glynn
Story Teller Offline
Passionate Artist

Swordsman Glynn

The breeze blew as I lie down on the soft bed of grass. The sound of the water hitting the side of the cliff made a calm beat as I survey the clouds for familiar figures.

"Glynn Fayr!"

Oh great... here comes trouble.

As I heard the footsteps coming closer, I sat in a more proper position to talk with the annoyance.

"Glynn, Master Swordsman Alisher was looking for you just now."

In front of me was Indy Irina, my obstinate childhood friend. Compared to the other girls in Izlude, she was well known for her appearance as she had a unique ponytail and red hair.

"Hey, are you listening to me!?"

"Yeah, I heard you the first time."

"Hmph! If you just didn't skipped the swordsman classes you could've already became a sword-"

"Indy, let's not talk about that. Even if I did become one, my reason to become one has already..."

As I look at Indy in a serious look, she looked away as she turned her back towards me.

"Atleast remember your promised you idiot."

"..."

As Indy's footstep vanished, I started to calm myself down as I raised my hand towards the bright sun. The warmth surge towards my hand as I recall the feeling of wielding a sword.

"A swordsman huh... Ithiel... What would you have done if you've seen me now..."

[Image: tumblr_ny8egaizy41ugfaiio1_500.gif]
01-29-2015 04:35 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Story Teller Offline
Passionate Artist

RE: Swordsman Glynn

Bored from watching the clouds, I decided to roam around Izlude's shops. The stores are not as busy as they are at this point of time making it easy to walk around. The merchants are usually collecting new merchandise or moving to Prontera for better business.

As I observed the shops from afar, I saw a familiar face.

"Hey Otto, how's business right now?"

"Sigh... it's not as good as my sale from a month ago. Recently the number of merchants selling the same items that I carry are increasing recently making my profit plummet down quite a lot."

Ottomar Goda, a friend of mine who sells the common items in Izlude from cheaper shop potions to weapons.

"Why don't you try selling other items?"

"Heh, if I could I would Glynn."

Curious, I pushed on understanding why.

"What do you mean Otto?"

Otto's face turned into disinterest as he looks at me.

"Look Glynn, even if I tell you you wouldn't have a chance in changing the problem being just a jobless novice who only hunt to get the necessary thing to live a lazy life."

Irritated by Otto's insult to my way of life, I pressed on getting answer.

"Well, a opportunistic merch like you wouldn't want this to continue right? I might as well know the cause of it right?"

Otto snickered.

"If you are that interested then I guess I have no choice but tell you. The reason for the economic unbalance was because of the sudden surge of Orc attacks in the West forest. Even though the Prontera Knights kept it safe for adventurers, Prontera is experiencing another problem which was an imminent attack from Alde Baran if they left their North undefended."

This was new to me, as I usually skipped the ton announcements. Otto suddenly turn into a more concern look.

"If this continues on, I think Izlude would be required to help soon. I heard from a merchant from Prontera that the officials there are pushing for help from our town."

A sudden flashback of the past surge through my memory. The nightmare that had started my trauma of not becoming a swordsman. It a scene of death as I lost many of my party members in a skirmish that I had lead.

"Hey! Are you listening?"

Finally snapping out of the nightmarish memory. I looked at Otto as he looked at me with a surprised face.

"You should rest Glynn, you seem to be having one of those sudden attacks "

"Yeah, I think I better go."

I exited the street filled with merchants as I decided to rest in an inn. I finally fell to sleep after chanting the words that had kept me sane.

" 'Forever beside you' - Ithiel "

(Author notes: Meh, I was bored plus I joined an manga club circle that create light novels so I'm practicing writing without editing /ggIcon_wink

(This post was last modified: 01-30-2015 10:01 PM by Story Teller.)
01-30-2015 06:01 AM
Story Teller Offline
Passionate Artist

A day has passed and I woke up in the afternoon with the bustling sound outside the inn.

"Hey, did you hear about the news about the Orcs?"

"Yeah, I heard it's going to be a tough battle."

Having heard about the Orcs, I recall what Otto said to me about Izlude getting involved. Curious, I went and asked them.

"Hey can you tell me what is happening?"

"Haven't you heard? The Izlude swordmans are being called to arms to support the Prontera knights in a skirmish against the Orcs in the woods to the west."

"Are they short in manpower?"

"Who knows, all I know is that the all the swordsmen are told to get ready to depart."

My heart jumped as I heard the word 'all'.

"Are the reserves are also going!?"

"Whoa, calm down. Like I said, all I know is that many of the swordsmen are participating. If you want to know more, then you better go look for yourself at the entrance as they are preparing to march soon."

Being in a rush I forgot to say my thanks as I ran towards the Izlude bridge entrance. Seeing many of the swordsman saying their farewell to their beloved as I run and anxiously surveyed around looking for one person, Indy.

(author note: is anybody even reading this junk story of mine xD)

02-03-2015 05:10 AM
Mupfelsan Offline
I want you to smile =)

I am reading it and I like it, so go on Icon_biggrin

[Image: 2995398983_1_3_12TExp4e.gif]

To-Do-List:
1. Don't worry
2. Be Happy !
02-03-2015 10:30 AM
GM-Rahice Offline
The Malevolent Queen Maleficent

Continue!

[Image: Rahice.gif]
Thank you Ren for the Signature!
02-03-2015 10:04 PM
Story Teller Offline
Passionate Artist

Finally arriving to the bridge entrance with my body all drenched in sweat and lungs out of breathe. I saw a bunch of swordsmen carrying big bags.

I did not have a good reputation to the swordsman guild of Izlude so I concealed myself within the crowd while covering my face with my right arm to prevent anyone potentially recognizing me.

Finally seeing Indy at further away I made my way to her still hiding my face from the other swordsmen.

"HEY YOU!"

I stopped on impulse as I knew who it was that called to me.

"AREN'T YOU GLYNN!?"

His shout was supposedly put more attention towards me as more of the crowd adn swordsmen started to stare at me. Many who I knew hated me.

"ANSWER GLYNN, WHY ARE YOU HERE IN THIS 'SPECIAL' OCCASION?"

I lowered my hand that concealed my face from the public as I surrender to the stares. This obnoxious guy is known in the swordsmen as one of the strongest as he was buffed and tall compared to many of the others. But the most recognizable feature was his arrogant talk to me.

"EVERYBODY LOOK! GLYNN THE NOVICE IS HERE!"

"Shut up, Herman"

I couldn't keep myself calm as I also started to talk back.

Herman Tyrus, a swordsman that is far stronger than the rest when it comes to strength. Although I wouldn't say his brain is the same as his brawns.

"WHAT DID YOU SAY YOU STUPID NOVICE!?"

With Herman being easily angered he came closer to me as he showed his muscles to intimidate me.

"I SAID... WHAT... DID... YOU... SAY... YOU STUPID F**K?"

"I don't know maybe ask me when you have a brain in your head?"

With my words hurting him with his immaturity and the people around snickering. Herman lost his calmness and start to pull his hand away to punch me.

*thwoomp*

I easily dodged it

"STOP MOVING!"

*thwoomp*

Herman might be the strongest but in terms of speed and luck he wasn't the best.

As Herman continued to punch air, the crowd started to gather more around us.

"Hey look, isn't that novice owning that swordsman?"

But as we continued on our exhibition, I heard Indy talk within the crowd as I recall the reason why I came here in the first place.

"Glynn stop this!"

I turn my head to see if she was there but ignorance came with a price as Herman punched me directly on my face as I flew towards a numebr of crates breaking them.

"Glynn!" shouted Indy as I saw a faint image of the aftershock to the punch.

"GAHAHAHA! I GUESS THAT'S HOW NOVICES SHOULD ACT LIKE. DEAD THAT IS!"

"Herman, stop it already. We are preparing to fight orcs not our own kind."

I wanted to refuse the statement of what Indy said as I stood up again but with my hands equipped with novice dagger, I prepared my battle stance as I became more serious.

"Is that all Herman? If this is what the strongest swordsman in Izlude is, then they are nothing to the orcs!"

I wanted to agitate the swordsmen as to prove that if they can't beat a measly novice, they would not be worthy to fight orcs. If I can win, I might be able to stop them by lowering their morale.

(This post was last modified: 02-04-2015 07:19 AM by Story Teller.)
02-04-2015 07:18 AM
Story Teller Offline
Passionate Artist

I woke up seeing the dark ceiling above me with a blue tint.

"Wha-what happened?"

"Oh you're awake!"

Hearing an unfamiliar muffled voice, I look to see who it was. The person was caped in a brown mantle hiding face and body as he stares at me with the moonlight from the window blanketing him in a silhoutte.

"You got guts trying to do a stunt like that boy"

Recalling what the person said I remembered a glimpse of what happened in my duel with Herman.

The time when I was about to charge Herman, someone stopped the fight. A person who I knew for a long time who didn't give up on me after I gave up being a swordsman. He wielded a blade that many of the swordsmen knew to be difficult to use. He was Master Swordsman Alisher.

After a glimpse of what happened to the battle, I suddenly realized why I even went there.

"Indy! Where are the swordsmen!?"

The pain in my lower chest started to ache as I grasped with my left hand. It was probably from the bashing of Alisher's sword hilt. A move that I've seen him use that even those with incredible agility would have trouble to still avoid due to it's concentration.

"Calm down first, you just woke up from being bashed until you were half dead. You were lucky that I was there to take you into this inn and heal you."

I looked at my right hand which had wielded my novice dagger grasping it hard with my left as I start to hate myself for my powerless self. My emotion stirs inside as I feel like I would lose someone important to me again.

"Dammit!"

"You are an interesting one aren't you. Defying a class above a novice and even holding up against a brute."

The person came closer to look at my ugly face covered in tears of regret as he snickered. He then looked away with his back towards me as he gazes up to the moonlight outside the window.

"Do you want my help?" He said in a calm voice.

"Why do you want to help me?"

He snickered as he looks towards me again.

"You have the quality to be a hero."

A hero? Me? Those words made me laugh as I was more of a villain.

"Are you stupid, I am known as the most hated person in Izlude. A person who gave up his future just because he couldn't protect those he-"

"And that is why I chose you. You are a person who have experienced his powerlessness, a person who yearns to become strong even with his current self."

At that time I realized that I was denying myself. Those words pierced through me as it reflected the current me. I became silent as I looked down.

"..."

The atmosphere was dense as it suffocated me, I knew I had to reply but I couldn't decide. part of me wanting to deny my own self and another wanting to change myself to protect those that are close to me.

The person walked away as if he knew I needed time to answer to his question.

"I'll let you be for now, so rest while you still can. We can still catch up to the swordsmen in the morning if you feel like going."

The door closed as I looked towards the night sky and I laughed at myself for it has been a long time since I've slept without worries of a nightmarish dream. But once again just as if it was a ceremonial thing, I chanted the words that kept me sane.

" 'Forever beside you' - Ithiel "

(author noteL for some reason making this story relieves my stress with assignments coming in like a hailstorm. But then again, I'm also procrastinating as making this does take a chunk of time to create even without editing @_@ )

(This post was last modified: 02-06-2015 05:41 AM by Story Teller.)
02-06-2015 05:40 AM
Story Teller Offline
Passionate Artist

Morning came as I had spent my time contemplating myself, but I had my decision already and as a tribute I cut part of my long hair as a sign of my commitment.

I equipped myself with the clothes I've long forgotten in my inventory and finally equipped the only weapon I can use which was my novice dagger.

Opening the door to the outside, the sunrise shined towards me as my eyes adjusted to it's brightness. In front of me was the caped person with a Peco Peco already saddled up as he pets it with intimacy. He then turned at me as if he knew I was there and his eyes smiled.

"Shall we go?"

I gave a little laugh as that question was already obvious.

"Yes."

The person mounted on the saddled Peco Peco as he came towards me to lend a hand which I reached out to get mounted at his back. The Peco Peco moved violently at first as I tried to hanged on to him by wrapping my hand around him, but while doing it I felt something soft as I also heard a slight pitched voice coming from him.

"Please don't touch me there"

He must be hiding something from me, something soft close to a poring was on him. But before I could ask what it was, the Peco Peco had started to move in a fast pace sprint as if agility was cast on it's feet.

As we raced through the plains where porings, lunatics and rockers where located. We couldn't find any signs of a large group of swordsmen so I got worried as I asked him if he knew where he was going.

"Don't worry, I know the map better than anyone."

We finally entered the woods as we met more monsters like goblins who instead of attacking us was running away. This was a questionable sight as they usually attack people but seeing them intimidated just by our presence made me curious. I had only some deductions to why and the one main thing was because of this person in front of me. Who is he? No normal human can do such thing as control monsters.

As we moved further in the woods, we saw the Prontera Knight banner in the distance from where we were which was an inclined cliff path. But something omnious was coming from it, black smoke around and some trees were set on fire. As I heard a war cry.

"Hurry, we need to get there!" I impulsively said to caped person.

He then once again, pushed the Peco to its limit as we moved even faster.

(Author note: cliffhanger alert! so how's the story so far? getting boring? excited? confused? tell me cause not seeing any replies does make me think making this story was pointless.)

(This post was last modified: 02-08-2015 04:24 PM by Story Teller.)
02-08-2015 01:31 PM
GM-Rahice Offline
The Malevolent Queen Maleficent

I really enjoy reading this daily, I love stories and to me this is wonderful. I'm only confused at the part where it says "her" because.. I'm not sure what that is yet.

[Image: Rahice.gif]
Thank you Ren for the Signature!
02-08-2015 03:00 PM
Story Teller Offline
Passionate Artist

(02-08-2015 03:00 PM)GM-Rahice Wrote:  I really enjoy reading this daily, I love stories and to me this is wonderful. I'm only confused at the part where it says "her" because.. I'm not sure what that is yet.

Oh... corrected that. Evil

02-08-2015 04:24 PM