Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Job exp.
Alfred Archer Offline

Job exp.

Hello. I've been here for the last six months, and as I was grinding my way up, I found getting *job* levels is a long process. Would be nice if someone would think if raising job level exp, *just a notch* would be doable. Just a little more job exp gain to make it less of a drag for newcomers.
02-28-2015 07:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

RE: Job exp.

Hello. Moving this to suggestion.

Can you tell us a bit more about your leveling process (what class, the monsters you've been farming). You're the first to suggest this, I'm curious why job exp in particular.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
02-28-2015 08:43 PM
Jens Offline
Weird Spider Sir

Making it to job level sufficient to advance to 2-1/2-2 class can be excruciating for a new player, as they haven't made friends yet and haven't acquired some items that make the grind easier, especially when one aims at job level 50. That's what OP might mean.

Granted, there are items and quests that make it easier than elsewhere, but it might not be such a bad idea to try and re-live the process of being new, without resources and people you know, to experience how it feels like to be truly new, because much has changed since the veterans had been new.

[Image: 4NuAbXh.png]
03-01-2015 09:32 AM
Shinigami l0_0l Offline
Lost in Time

ever heard a place called neko island?
03-01-2015 10:40 AM
Ionasai Offline

Neko Island is by far the easiest way and puts melee classes on par with ranged classes in how easy it is to get out of the first class stage. Spam your SP attacks on the monsters there, bwing, heal up and warp there again.
03-01-2015 07:04 PM
Story Teller Offline
Passionate Artist

Does the island contain sexy cat people?

[Image: tumblr_ny8egaizy41ugfaiio1_500.gif]
03-01-2015 11:31 PM
ChaosPrince Offline
Troll Prince

Cat woman in latex is the MVP. Trust me, she does not only give base/job exp, she also gives you another sort of experience Icon_wink
03-02-2015 01:38 PM
Blake81 Offline

Neko Island is a great choice, but ONLY for middle Job lvls (30-45), and you must have a decent base lvl (40-50) to avoid getting pwnd after just 4 hits.

If you go there too soon (before Base lvl 40), you'll end up dead real fast, and even after base lvl 50, you'll still have a hard time (specially if you're not a combat build with lots of STR and VIT, like an Aco going for Priest or a Merchie going for Alch. I speak from personal experience in both cases, specially the Merchie, who'd probably be an useless lowby if it wasn't for the blessed Goldrings.). You can solve that difficulty with a friend on a HP who keeps you heal'd and buff'd, but most new users don't have that yet.

Also, once you hit Job lvl 45 (30 if you're Trans) , it becomes the same kind of very, very, very slow grind that is going from 95 to 99 (or 90 to 99 for Trans classes); even Nekorings and Autumns give less than 1% JXP. So the only thing most ppl can do is wait patiently for Daily quests to give them the JXP they need, and that isn't any less frustrating....

The advantage, tho, are the ALC Cards, which sell for 3-5mil and can make you very, very rich if you have the patience.
03-07-2015 06:09 PM