Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Rift
Amaziah Offline
~Stuff And Things~

Rift

Rift

Rift is an MMORPG, kind of a WoW copy, but better because it's free. The best thing about it is that f2p players still stand a chance, because you can purchase tokens of "credits" with in-game currency. The PvM is nothing to write home about, but the PvP is very enjoyable.

Guild: Orion

Characters:
Amaziah - 99/70 Assassin Cross
ZeNinja - 99/70 Ninja
HopeBringer - 99/70 Clown
ZeProfessor - 99/70 Professor
ZeWizard - 99/50 Wizard

[Image: Avatar-sig-trans.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-29-2015 05:15 PM by Amaziah.)
05-28-2015 01:02 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Arianna Offline
Personal heRO

RE: Rift

I currently just got WoW time to check it out again. Depending on things I was contemplating actually checking out Rift. Hmmmmm is it worth checking out and giving a try? Level cap? Raids? Parties? Questing? Then again I was wanting to try to something else as well just not sure of another mmo. I just got access to heRO and WoW again so hmmmmm.

-Ari

Anikka-(Main)Sniper-86
Ari Anna-(BolterSP)Prof-98
Akkara-Ninja-60
Odena-Alchemist-77
Neferia-Sinx-71
Nyrien-Wizard-75
Amashu- High Priest-70
Lady Sylvanas-Linker-67
Ari Love-Dancer-57
[Image: Gif%20hero_zpskokchtmv.gif]
05-29-2015 12:03 AM
Amaziah Offline
~Stuff And Things~

RE: Rift

I can't really speak in comparison to how WoW is now, I haven't played in years. But I can say that Rift is worth it to check out in my opinion, especially before you spend money on WoW.
In regards to the other things:
  • Level Cap: 65
  • Raids: I haven't really done any Raids in Rift, but they do have Dungeons and "Instant Adventures". The dungeons are pretty nice, about as nice as most MMORPG dungeons, but I've never really been partial to dungeons, I always prefer PvP.
  • Parties: I always just partied with some friends I knew, but overall the party experience is pretty nice.
  • Questing: Honestly, I have never been a fan of questing, but the quests aren't anything special, they're not bad, but they're not the greatest. Of course, that could just be my distaste for quests, but you would have to judge for yourself.
  • Instant Adventures: Instant adventures are quests that you can complete with a group of friends or shard (server). You can access the Instant Adventure queue by pressing "." this will give you the option to join a random instant adventure once you have reached level 10. You get partied with random people, complete objectives and get rewards.
  • PvP: The PvP in Rift is quite enjoyable. Of course, WoW had some un-beatable PvP experiences, but Rift is a very close second. You get the choice between many different types of "Warfronts" (like Battlegrounds in WoW). I like some more than others, but they're all pretty enjoyable. I would of course choose Rift still over WoW, mainly because of the f2p aspect.

I'm also basing all of these comparisons to WoW from like 5 years ago, I can't really compare to how WoW is now, because I haven't played in so long, and I heard it changed a lot.

Overall, I would say Rift is definitely worth a shot. For being a Free-2-play game, it is quite enjoyable.

Guild: Orion

Characters:
Amaziah - 99/70 Assassin Cross
ZeNinja - 99/70 Ninja
HopeBringer - 99/70 Clown
ZeProfessor - 99/70 Professor
ZeWizard - 99/50 Wizard

[Image: Avatar-sig-trans.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-29-2015 12:55 PM by Amaziah.)
05-29-2015 01:42 AM