Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
3D Creations
Amaziah Offline
~Stuff And Things~

3D Creations

So, I was pokin around the art section and didn't see anywhere for 3D creations, so I decided to make it.

Feel free to share any of your 3d creations, if you have any. Icon_biggrin

I figured I would share a few of mine here:

A simple one-handed sword (Number of Faces: 244; Number of Tris: 506):

[Image: Bandit-Sword.png]

One-handed Mace (Number of Faces: 802; Number of Tris: 1258):

[Image: Mace.png]

Lounge room with compositing and scenery (Number of Faces: 752,857; Number of Tris: 1,502,936):

[Image: Lounge-Room-Final.png]

The Lounge Room and the Weapons use different rendering engines, so that's why they look so different. The weapons use one that is compatible for use in games, and the Room uses one that is used more for movies and such. That's why it looks much more crisp.

For all of these images I used a free modeling software called Blender. For the last image I followed a tutorial, and most of the models were pre-made. All of the weapons were my own creation though.

If you want to download Blender yourself, you can do so Here.

I look forward to seeing any of your creations!

Icon_wink

Guild: Orion

Characters:
Amaziah - 99/70 Assassin Cross
ZeNinja - 99/70 Ninja
HopeBringer - 99/70 Clown
ZeProfessor - 99/70 Professor
ZeWizard - 99/50 Wizard

[Image: Avatar-sig-trans.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-01-2015 07:03 PM by Amaziah.)
06-01-2015 05:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Story Teller Offline
Passionate Artist

RE: 3D Creations

I can create a ball in blender :D

Edit: Actually I use Maya which is currently free for students in my university. I made all the parts of this mech and created the bones of it within 3 days straight. Too bad I can't maintain my 3D modelling knowledge since I plan to improve 2D art.

I suggest try learning texturing later on which improves the quality of the 3D models with more depth in quality than just putting material on top.

[Image: tumblr_ny8egaizy41ugfaiio1_500.gif]
(This post was last modified: 06-01-2015 08:26 PM by Story Teller.)
06-01-2015 08:19 PM
GM-Rahice Offline
The Malevolent Queen Maleficent

I think all of those are pretty awesome.

[Image: Rahice.gif]
Thank you Ren for the Signature!
06-01-2015 08:35 PM
Amaziah Offline
~Stuff And Things~

(06-01-2015 08:19 PM)Story Teller Wrote:  I made all the parts of this mech and created the bones of it within 3 days straight. Too bad I can't maintain my 3D modelling knowledge since I plan to improve 2D art.
I suggest try learning texturing later on which improves the quality of the 3D models with more depth in quality than just putting material on top.

That's a pretty sweet rig! I've worked with rigging just a little bit, modeled a char and rigged it up, but it didn't turn out quite how I wanted it to and then I got distracted with other projects.

And yeah, I just kinda slapped those textures on there for now, gave them a normal map and spec map and then called it good for now. I have been focusing more on modeling than texturing, but I can definitely see how important texturing can be. I heard of a program called "Crazy Bump" that makes beautiful normal maps, spec maps, displacement maps, etc... But I just didn't cough up the money yet.

Either way, modeling is kind of just a hobby for me right now, and I've only been doing it for nearly a year off and on. I just kinda do it in my spare time. I hope to - some time in the future - maybe turn it into something more, but not enough time to devote to it right now.

@GM-Rahice: Thanks!

Characters:
ZeNinja - 99/70 Ninja
ZeWizard - 99/50 Wizard

(This post was last modified: 06-01-2015 11:45 PM by Amaziah.)
06-01-2015 08:44 PM
Sen Offline
Arcana Gala

I think mich should see this thread. He says he's starting on 3D, so I'm going to link him here and hope to see some results xD

I don't do 3D myself (I don't even do 2D), but one of my absolute favourite artists integrate 3D and paints over it to create this really unique style. She goes by the name raindropmemory in devart.

Also I love that third image! It looks like something from the sims xD

[Image: c6wglkt.gif]
Arcana Gala : thread &tumblr
Send me a pm!

06-02-2015 12:51 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Story Teller Offline
Passionate Artist

Btw, expect more games with that kinda graphics below. More game developers are getting more access to better game making tools recently with improved lighting for their games. There is one probably I'd say 3 people I know from 2 groups of game developers and visual novel makers that plan to use 3D models to create the background rather than draw it.

(This post was last modified: 06-02-2015 01:15 AM by Story Teller.)
06-02-2015 01:15 AM
Amaziah Offline
~Stuff And Things~

@Story Teller: Yeah, some games are getting pretty impressive with their graphics. I'm sure that with the other rendering engine I could eventually make something to be as impressive, but I'm just not there yet. The third image just uses an engine that makes it a ton easier to achieve graphics of that magnitude, but unfortunately I can't port materials that I make in that engine to a game maker. Plus the modeling software that I use is free, so I can only expect so much from it, but even still, I'm very impressed with what Blender can do even though it's free.

@Sen: Thanks! Yeah, as I said, that third image was from a tutorial that I followed, and a lot of the models are pre-made, so I can't take all the credit. But there was still quite a bit that went into it, with lighting, camera angles, compositing and so on.

Characters:
ZeNinja - 99/70 Ninja
ZeWizard - 99/50 Wizard

06-02-2015 02:00 AM
Story Teller Offline
Passionate Artist

Amaziah, Blender is actually pretty common to be used by game designers that don't have the fund to buy the high end stuff. Actually, even within my classmates we discussed about how Blender might be better in the future for being free when it comes to low budget games.

06-02-2015 02:53 AM
Emrym Offline
Card Keeper of Arcana Gala

Whoa guys your works are amazing! :3 Might post when I have time.

I tried Blender once but never got to learn it. We use Maya at school so I learned that.

@sen hahaha starting? I've been deep on 3D for 2 years now ;-; I hate the render times when I composite ;-;

Arcana Gala

Active: Shinno | Kanesada | Kavka

The Card Keeper
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2015 06:42 AM by Emrym.)
06-02-2015 06:40 AM
Amaziah Offline
~Stuff And Things~

(06-02-2015 02:53 AM)Story Teller Wrote:  Amaziah, Blender is actually pretty common to be used by game designers that don't have the fund to buy the high end stuff. Actually, even within my classmates we discussed about how Blender might be better in the future for being free when it comes to low budget games.

Yeah, you're right. I have seen a lot of things that say blender is great too, and I completely agree. I just don't know what kind of things Maya or 3ds max have to offer, so I can't really compare. I didn't mean to say that Blender lacked in any way, actually, more the opposite. I meant to say that for being free, Blender can do some pretty crazy things. Although, I don't really know how it compares to Maya, and I've seen quite a few people say that they would use Maya over blender, so I figured it must have something over it. But to hear a Maya user say that Blender might be better, that's pretty sweet.

Honestly, I am constantly amazed at all of the things that Blender can do even though it is free. Even though I haven't used Maya or 3DS, their price tag shunned me away before I gave it a second look.

But either way, yeah, you're totally right, blender seems to be the go-to for low-budget games. Sorry for the confusion. xD

@Emrym: Thanks! You totally should post some of your work in here, I'd love to see it! Icon_smile

Characters:
ZeNinja - 99/70 Ninja
ZeWizard - 99/50 Wizard

(This post was last modified: 06-02-2015 02:45 PM by Amaziah.)
06-02-2015 01:23 PM