Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
3D Creations
Story Teller Offline
Passionate Artist

RE: 3D Creations

Well Maya is just an industry standard for many companies, that's the most obvious I know about it. Blender is still good since it can create importable files such as FBX. I can open my blender stuff in Maya and vice versa. But of course... the catch is that some things might not transfer so anything 3D related and 2D are more hands-on.

[Image: tumblr_ny8egaizy41ugfaiio1_500.gif]
06-02-2015 08:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Amaziah Offline
~Stuff And Things~

Yeah, I've noticed all of the export capabilities of Blender, it's pretty impressive. Overall, if anyone is looking to get into 3D Modeling, I would definitely suggest Blender to them to start out with.

Honestly, since I started out with Blender, and I don't really plan to spend too much money on this stuff, I think I'll probably just stick with it for as long as I do it. Maybe in the future if something comes up I might eventually switch to something else, but for now, it's perfect for me. Icon_biggrin

Guild: Orion

Characters:
Amaziah - 99/70 Assassin Cross
ZeNinja - 99/70 Ninja
HopeBringer - 99/70 Clown
ZeProfessor - 99/70 Professor
ZeWizard - 99/50 Wizard

[Image: Avatar-sig-trans.png]
06-02-2015 09:53 PM
Amaziah Offline
~Stuff And Things~

(Double post. Sorry! Icon_wink )

Here's mah latest work. Took about 5 hours or so. The engravings were made in a program called Inkscape, it's kinda like a free version of Adobe Illustrator.

Number of Faces: 49,664; Number of Tris: 99,328 (Click on the image to view a larger version):

[Image: Smaller-image.png]

Characters:
ZeNinja - 99/70 Ninja
ZeWizard - 99/50 Wizard

06-05-2015 01:27 PM
Story Teller Offline
Passionate Artist

oh boy... the number faces is quite alot but in terms of making images its standard so it's good, just that it's not meant for games since the faces can slow the computer alot when you play. Just note that game designers strive for the highest quality but with the lowest polygon count. that's why they do bump mapping in games to make it look as if the things are 3D but aren't.

EDIT: Oh one more thing, that quality of 3D can get you in filming where they require CG.

(This post was last modified: 06-05-2015 02:14 PM by Story Teller.)
06-05-2015 02:12 PM
Amaziah Offline
~Stuff And Things~

(06-05-2015 02:12 PM)Story Teller Wrote:  Just note that game designers strive for the highest quality but with the lowest polygon count. that's why they do bump mapping in games to make it look as if the things are 3D but aren't.

Yeah, I know all about lower poly count, that's why the weapons that I made before had way lower poly count than these, because I was actually going to use it in a game. This was made purely for a pretty image, I subdivided each wine glass 3 times, when I could have not done it at all, but it just made it look so much more crisp.

And yeah, I also know about bump mapping, and I'm using it as well. There are many programs out there that can make some pretty sweet normal/bump maps, currently I use the function in Photoshop to do so, but I've heard of one called CrazyBump that does a pretty good job, but I just haven't bought it yet.

Quote:EDIT: Oh one more thing, that quality of 3D can get you in filming where they require CG.

Thanks!

Characters:
ZeNinja - 99/70 Ninja
ZeWizard - 99/50 Wizard

(This post was last modified: 06-05-2015 03:40 PM by Amaziah.)
06-05-2015 03:36 PM
Amaziah Offline
~Stuff And Things~

Kinda been a little lazy lately with the whole 3D stuff, but this one is my latest work so far (made it a couple months ago.)

(Click on the image for a larger version)

[Image: Smaller-Image.png]

Took a few hours of dedicated time, but was very fun to make.

It could use a bit more of course - A nice background, and that solid white surface maybe being wood or something, but I kinda got lazy after a little while.

Perhaps I'll find more time in the future to continue on these sorts of things. Icon_smile

Characters:
ZeNinja - 99/70 Ninja
ZeWizard - 99/50 Wizard

(This post was last modified: 10-29-2015 02:35 AM by Amaziah.)
10-29-2015 02:30 AM
Yurrechire Offline
Mistress of a 1000 Papercuts

Solid composition- I don't think background would have added much, for the record.

Join the Dark Legion today- we've got the best cookies!

Zerk on PRINCIPLE! ™
10-29-2015 09:24 AM
Story Teller Offline
Passionate Artist

Yeap, you better add that to your portfolio. This can land you in either 3D modelling for commercials and movies as well as posters. If you look at car commercials, the cars people see on television doing impossible things are usually 3D to the extent that no one knows the difference from it (except those that got decensitized from making 3D objects, you'll get used to it).

10-29-2015 03:53 PM