Balanced
Hard
Fun
Boring
Annoying
We should have more of these events
We should do other types of events instead
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
GM-Ciar Offline
Always Sleepy

The point of the event was for parties to travel through the map to find 5 Crystals ("Blue Crystal", ID 1914) and destroy them. The map was flooded with monsters, and 1 MVP and a variety of support monsters were placed near the crystal to protect it. The Crystals had 250 HP and took 1 damage.

Location of Event:
Clock Tower F2 (c_tower2)

Time Limit:
30 Mins - Originally I had intended for there to be a time limit, but due to this being the first time I do an event like this, as well as 8 players being the only participants, I let everyone take all the time they needed.

Time Taken to beat the challenge: Approximately 1 Hour, 30 minutes.

Crystals
#1 - Located at 84, 23 (Around the bottom Left area)
"Guardians": Amon Ra, Seal Force, Gaia Force, Toxic Force
-Seal Force casted Loki around the crystal, while Toxic Force casted Quagmire and Venom Dust at players nearby, and Gaia Force used Land Protector below Amon Ra to protect it from AoE Spells
(The heroes could not defeat Amon Ra.)

#2 - Located at 47, 276 (Top Left Area, the small maze)
"Guardians": Boitata, Seal Force, Trap Force, Dispel Force, Toxic Force
-Seal Force protected Crystal, while Trap force used Stop on players approaching the small room where the crystal was. Dispel Force dispelled (derp) players.

#3 - Located at 154, 231 (Middle Top Area)
"Guardians": Midnight Jack, Seal Force, Dispel Force, Force Aeterna, Toxic Force
-Force Aeterna used Lex A. on players.

#4 - Located at 239, 85 (Bottom-Middleish Right area)
"Guardians": Harthoon, Seal Force, Heal Force
- Heal Force had to be defeated first or else they would outheal any damage.

#5 - Located at 277, 260 (Top Right Area)
"Guardians": Besmal, Seal Force, Toxic Force

Rewards:
For having defeated the five crystals (and 4 out of 5 MVPs), the players were each rewarded 5 Allegiance Points, 2 Bloody Branches and one Poring Card.

Monsters scattered throughout the map (I might have missed some):
Clock Tower F2's Natural Mobs
Knight Guardian
Archer Guardian
Mane
Lifedrinker
Elder
Deathword
Plasma (All forms)
Eremes Guile
Margaretha Sorin
Cecil Damon
Banshee
Banshee Master
Necromancer
Breeze
Vortex
Dark Illusion
Morroc Incarnation (Demon)
Dark Shadow
Retribution
Shelter
Observation
Thanatos Maero
Thanatos Odium
Thanatos Despero
Thanatos Dolor
Ancient Mimic
Owl Duke
Owl Baron
Dimik
Frankenstein's Bride
Constant
(The Following are monsters from old RP events)
Dark Allegiance Witch
Dark Allegiance Bombardier
Dark Allegiance Guard
Dark Allegiance Magi
Dark Allegiance Enchanter
Light Allegiance Arcana
Light Allegiance High Arcana
Light Allegiance Falconer
Light Allegiance Kestrel
Light Allegiance Striker
Light Allegiance Pugilist
Dispel Force
Heal Force
Toxic Force
Trap Force
Gaia Force
Seal Force
Light Force
Dark Force
Lightning Force
Force Aeterna

Screenshots of the event:
[Image: screenheRO-Server047_zpstw1ggljm.jpg]
[Image: screenheRO-Server048_zpscq1xn4li.jpg]
[Image: screenheRO-Server050_zpsurufmedl.jpg]
[Image: screenheRO-Server052_zpso7p6xrjr.jpg]
[Image: screenheRO-Server053_zpsfwwyzsuc.jpg]
[Image: screenheRO-Server054_zpsou22gizj.jpg]
[Image: screenheRO-Server055_zpswluvrkwy.jpg]

Leave your comments, suggestions, whines and questions~

[Image: UAx69ij.png]
06-05-2015 01:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sen Offline
Arcana Gala

RE: Feedback: "Crystal Challenge" Event - June 5th, 2015

I voted hard, fun, annoying, and to do more of these events.
Because that's exactly how I feel about it.

1. Hard - it was hard because I didn't know what was coming. If it did become a regular thing on the server however, I would definitely prepare myself for it more (more pots, more arrows, silver arrows lol, etc). At first it was like 'Oh, Ciar's holding an event! Let's go hop on some random chara and see what it is!', and after the event I'll probably be like 'Oh, Ciar's holding an event! Better not hop on some random chara and actually get a decent one!'. It was also hard because I didn't know it would be that type of event, something that would require an actually good party of sorts, not just something mismatched. It was kind of vague how you said 'get more players' or 'have a party'. I should have known better, lol. In a really organized party, I have a feeling this is a piece of cake.

2. Annoying - because we kept dying. period (for extra emphasis). Also annoying because I had to shift click player-like monsters, I think that's either something that needs to be fixed or it's there for the added difficulty. I admit, it got me hotheaded for a few minutes, add being in a party of random people, and it would be 10x. There was such bad communication there. We were just racing to finish, I also admit I just wanted to get it over with by hitting the crystals and running, but that's totes bad </3 Again, it would get less annoying in a really organized party.

3. Fun - because I find most events fun anyways, even if I'm dying a thousand times over. It's just the feel of doing something, actually killing some monsters, and just seeing random stuff around. I had a lot of fun looking at the custom mobs. (Not as fun as flower maze event though heh, because I got to make wise crack jokes while dying).

4. More events - definitely more events like it (or similar to it, or different from it, I don't really care). We get a lot of novice events, sure, but this kind doesn't hurt either. It was also good learning experience for me. I've only ever countered two mvp my whole time on the server, and although I sucked loads at it, I actually got to have a feel of 4 out of 5 mvps, so that says a lot.

It's a nice event. I don't care if it gets automated. If we did I'd rather keep it exp loss, even if it sucks balls, so that players wouldn't abuse it or talk @#@$ for it being OP or whatever (but what would make it different from just going to dungeons?). I'm also fine with the way it is, as GM automated. It will be like a treat for players whenever a GM's bored enough to start it haha.

Also, Ciar, wouldn't it be nice to have a neat story line to it? I see all those spirits and all those players and just thought how nice it would be to have a little background to it. I don't know, just something to fill in the wiki for event description. The mvps and monsters are a little mismatched, but if there's a reason behind that it's totally cool. It would be nice if it could be improved more. If it gets to be a more regular thing, then I guess there'd be no more recalling or player changing.

[hormgmfmd wouldn't it be cool if it was allegiance themed event (cos you were giving allegiance points), I dunno, maybe connect it with an allegiance story. I have many ideas >:3]

--

tldr; it would be a piece of cake if the party is organized and have the essential classes that a normal dungeon run would have.

I talk too much, so I'm going to go to sleep. When I wake up, I will edit this once I decipher wtf I just wrote down. Thanks for the nightmares Icon_razz

[Image: c6wglkt.gif]
Arcana Gala : thread &tumblr
Send me a pm!

(This post was last modified: 06-05-2015 03:26 PM by Sen.)
06-05-2015 03:05 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Ciar Offline
Always Sleepy

Sen Wrote:1. Hard - it was hard because I didn't know what was coming. If it did become a regular thing on the server however, I would definitely prepare myself for it more (more pots, more arrows, silver arrows lol, etc). ... It was kind of vague how you said 'get more players' or 'have a party'. I should have known better, lol. In a really organized party, I have a feeling this is a piece of cake.

Yeah, I should probably have given a bit more detailed explanation. My bad there. If it does become a regular thing I will post on forums a date and some information so people can prepare themselves. I can't really say what monsters will be present however, or else it wouldn't be as fun. ;D

Sen Wrote:2. Annoying - because we kept dying. period (for extra emphasis). Also annoying because I had to shift click player-like monsters, I think that's either something that needs to be fixed or it's there for the added difficulty. I admit, it got me hotheaded for a few minutes, add being in a party of random people, and it would be 10x. ...

Well, I'm glad it was annoying. People tend to remember annoying things the most. ;D And sadly there's not much that can be done about the shift-clicking, as far as I know.

Quote:4. More events - definitely more events like it (or similar to it, or different from it, I don't really care). We get a lot of novice events, sure, but this kind doesn't hurt either. ...
I'm also fine with the way it is, as GM automated. It will be like a treat for players whenever a GM's bored enough to start it haha.

I'll see what other events there are to be done, to keep things interesting. Also, I might be misunderstanding what you said, but it's not an automated event. I spawned everything there and did the broadcasts by myself. Icon_wink

Quote:Also, Ciar, wouldn't it be nice to have a neat story line to it? I see all those spirits and all those players and just thought how nice it would be to have a little background to it. I don't know, just something to fill in the wiki for event description. The mvps and monsters are a little mismatched, but if there's a reason behind that it's totally cool. It would be nice if it could be improved more. If it gets to be a more regular thing, then I guess there'd be no more recalling or player changing.

Think of it as me testing your strength and wit. Evil But If I hear correctly, someone might be brewing up a little something. You heroes will have to wait and see.

[Image: UAx69ij.png]
06-05-2015 11:54 PM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

Man, Sad I missed it q.q Definitely has my "Needs more of these" vote

[Image: giphy.gif]
The Oka Compendium
: A glorified record of my alt-a-holic-ism. May or may not be up to date at any given point.
06-06-2015 06:35 PM