Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A tentative suggestion.
Yurrechire Offline
Mistress of a 1000 Papercuts

A tentative suggestion.

Hey there. After reading up some threads on the RP board, and wandering around IG, I see a problem: it's rather hard for people to connect unless they happen to be in the same city in-game, or are guild/party members. A lot of the @main chatter gets lost in the autoloot spam, and we frequently have no idea as to what interesting conversations go on in, say, Prontera center while we're dungeon-crawling.

Tentative solution: Provide an outside-of-the-game chatroom where folks can congregate in the evenings while still doing stuff IG. Off the top of my head, IRC, and its client (free) mIRC, do the job nicely.

As an added benefit, it makes connecting with people for RP extremely easy (No need to figure out if they are online under one of their dozen character names), and allows folks to catch up on earlier conversations.

Thoughts?

Join the Dark Legion today- we've got the best cookies!

Zerk on PRINCIPLE! ™
(This post was last modified: 06-29-2015 11:48 AM by Yurrechire.)
06-29-2015 11:48 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
punisouffle Offline

RE: A tentative suggestion.

As I know, players use a mix of IMs, heRO facebook group, and ye olde shouting on @Main to chat. Some use both, some neither. I log FB once a year or less. One chatroom is a nice idea, though I don't know if everyone will adopt it over existing tools we had.

For me, I'm always curious about IRC, (blemishes my nerdy resumé) would be good time to finally learn. Sure sounds great for a budding RP party, and any social-minded players. I'd use one, yupp.

Ps. to combat loot messages, switch to Combat Log. This one we can configure what we want it to show. Click the "+" icon and enjoy a cleaner chat world. *-*
06-29-2015 02:27 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

RE: A tentative suggestion.

If I want to chat with a bunch of people at once in a shared environment I always used Guild Chat, Party Chat, or made do with Skype/Mumble/other programs of the like.

To me, @main is just like world chats in other games, they are there to announce junk like guild recruitment and stuff you be tryin' to sell. Occasionally you use it to get help or to catch up with other players.

Edit: I missed a word in there somehow grammatically and it bothered me too much. <_>

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
(This post was last modified: 06-29-2015 08:24 PM by Aaronock.)
06-29-2015 08:23 PM