Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A few things...
Gojira Offline
truth hurts

A few things...

So, i'll just suggest a few ideas that I had in mind (some I already suggested a few times but I never get a proper answer so might as well post again).

1) Muspel

The drops were nerfed and the selkie portion was changed to make this a pain to do with a low amount of players. The problem is that there isn't and hasn't been anyone around to bring huge parties to muspel in quite a long time. Even after the change, most of the kills were done by a party of 2 in the official one (not the mini-event bagged muspels). I'd suggest keeping the nerfed drops (much lower return of enricheds then it used to be) but returning to the old selkie map since the current one is just not realistic for the active playerbase that this server currently has.

2) BG

I'll start by discussing the games available via BG. I already mentioned this before but something known as BG 2.0 has quite a few games available that are, for the most part, much more enjoyable then the official ones (conquest, rush, capture the flag, triple inferno, team deathmatch...). Having those might motivate players to participate compared to how it currently is...

Another thing that would stimulate the BG activity would be proper rewards. Currently, the prices for the gears are simply ridiculous. The gears that are supposed to be "entry gears" are about the same price as glorious when, in fact, they should be much cheaper so that players can rapidly gear to participate in BG/WoE. There should also be the possibility to obtain WoE/BG materials via the points obtained. BG on this server has always been treated like a zeny sink. This is NOT what BG is meant to be and treating it that way as resulted in shit like people afking, refusing to pot or dicing rather then play the actual game since they want to spare their ressources. BG should also be spammable without keys, as soon as there's enough players to start a game it should be possible to play it.

You need to use BG to stimulate pvp-oriented activity on any server, especially since WoE is one of the main end-game contents. It's already a big negative that we don't have WoE:SE, it would be a good thing if at least our WoE:FE was accessible to new players and not just a war of people who had access to tricks, which gave them nearly unlimited ressources, that have been nerfed.

3) Guild Pack

This is just an idea i'm throwing out there but you might want to consider guild packs to make new groups of players join. Of course, you'll have to ip check people to make sure the pack isn't farmed but this kind of thing can be very beneficial to make groups join a server, especially on a server as old as this where a large amount of the players left have been playing for years and are very well geared. A guild pack doesn't have to be the best items in the world but at the same time, it gives a starting point to a group rather than making them start from scratch. You can put different scales of guild packs, depending on the amount of players who will be joining the said guild.

4) Quality of life items

Customs can be a great thing but I feel like some official items would be good to consider. One that immediately comes to mind would be gym passes or kafra cards. They're a huge quality of life improvement without being something that breaks the game. You could also put the good old repeatable exp quests in (I don't even get why they were removed in the first place)

Anyway, RO is a very old game at this point. Even low rates now must offer quality of life stuff like consumables via BG because most of the remaining players are all adults who have stuff to do other than RO. This server needs to adapt a bit or there's barely any new players who will appear :<

[Image: 14tph6o.png]
06-29-2015 04:59 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

RE: A few things...

Youri, I cannot begin to express how much I agree with you on the BG suggestion.

Me no likey BG and never even go the gears cause it was boring, took too long, and the amount of points you need for everything depresses me. Especially for gears that want upgrades and have pretty niche use overall...

I'm cool with suggestion 4 too. Gym Passes would be the best and make me enjoy farming on mages again!

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
06-30-2015 09:01 PM
GM-Rahice Offline
The Malevolent Queen Maleficent

I'm going to make sure that the rest of the team sees this.

[Image: Rahice.gif]
Thank you Ren for the Signature!
06-30-2015 09:02 PM
punisouffle Offline

3) Wasn't there a fairy auction that had guild-pack-ish things some time back. War gears, consumables &c. The gift/rewards could be those. They're okay and you'll want a real cranial anyway.

I recall some servers include fundamental cards so guilds can skip farming in bulk -- pasana, marc? My memory fuzzies. If you consider to bundle PvM stiffs but not the real thing, I think of... quasi elemental armor. Like how it casts ghostring effect on the assaulter's plate set, but that'd be so many custom things.

How about something like the Guild Relay Quest? In case the GM team is adamant about showering freebies. Icon_razz
07-01-2015 11:47 AM
Gojira Offline
truth hurts

No quests, no FA. A guild pack is something you GIVE as an incentive to a guild to join a server.

07-01-2015 04:16 PM
Weapon Offline
The Family Jewels

Too many good points. Cry

Spammable BG would make people more engaged, which is something that heRO always needed and having different game modes sounds like a nice option too. Giving out some kind of custom intermediate middle-ground gears to guilds would be a nice approach. I never knew gym passes were even a thing—alteratively (and/or additionally?), disabling the 50% weight/90% weight-status-game-physics would be a nice plus and give similar results. That stuff was always a pain.

"it would be a good thing if at least our WoE:FE was accessible to new players and not just a war of people who had access to tricks, which gave them nearly unlimited ressources, that have been nerfed."

That explains how people who never farmed always inexplicably had infinity everything and billions of zeny… Thinking
07-04-2015 08:03 AM
Story Teller Offline
Passionate Artist

(07-04-2015 08:03 AM)Weapon Wrote:  Spammable BG would make people more engaged, which is something that heRO always needed and having different game modes sounds like a nice option too.

[Image: this-is-spam-en-ffffff.jpeg]

[Image: tumblr_ny8egaizy41ugfaiio1_500.gif]
07-04-2015 01:26 PM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Thanks for the suggestions. We will put them under consideration.

Bg repricing (prices going down) and guild pack (free items for new guild joining) are already things that were in the air and under discussion. Those are bits likely to arrive first.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
07-05-2015 03:55 PM
Gojira Offline
truth hurts

2 more things that I thought about but that are probably going to be a bit more touchy are....

1) Multi clienting

With the amount of players left, you might want to consider allowing a certain level of multi clienting so that parties can still happen. As of now, getting something going is nearly impossible due to the lack of players which can make it somewhat boring.

2) 3pp

As far as I know, your current stance is that nothing is allowed yet it's becoming quite obvious that some players have been running some 3pp. It would be nice to know your stance on them because stuff like rcx, grf edits and ahk since they are usually accepted in most ro servers and even when they aren't, people still use them (since it's nearly impossible to prove someone is using those unless the person submits evidence by themselves) so you might want to consider accepting those.

07-05-2015 06:04 PM
Story Teller Offline
Passionate Artist

we also need more free ice cream events cause it's summer @_@

[Image: tumblr_ny8egaizy41ugfaiio1_500.gif]
07-05-2015 06:24 PM