Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
Fairyland Chronicles - Character Side Stories
Validon Offline
The Freeshooter

RE: Fairyland Chronicles - Character Side Stories

(Minor introduction to Seikakuna plus stuff that happened during last night's event. Don't know if this is the right spot for it either but here goes. :D)

The young, grey-haired huntress stumbled back out of the Kafra's teleportation spell, just as clumsily as she did when she had been brought to Rachel not a few hours earlier. The Kafra representation standing there in the midst of Payon chuckled softly at the girl's apparent clumsiness.

"Still not used to the teleportation spells we use?" The huntress gave a weary shake of the head.

"N-not really, eheh..." After having chased the mysterious cloaked stranger across the deserts surrounding Rachel and Thor Volcano, she was feeling rather worn out. Even as a young, able-bodied huntress, she never expected the chase to end the way it did, and neither did she expect any of the strange mechanical creatures that she and the other people who had come to investigate Thor Volcano to be as dangerous as they were.

I was lucky to have escaped with my life, haa..., she thought to herself as she walked wearily towards her home in the northern part of Payon. It was a rather small house with only the basics: a living room, a kitchen, and two beds tucked into the corner of a small bedroom. As she opened the door to the house, the sight of her adopted uncle met her eyes. Asleep... again.

"Heeeeey, Uncle~!" The huntress skipped into the room, with a slight bit more spring in her step now that she was safe at home. The man in the bed rolled over a bit, blinking his eyes wearily.

"...Huh, Seika, you're back..." He gave out a massive yawn, then tried to sit up in his bed. "So, I assume that means your first adventure was a success?" Though tired, he tried to give a small smile of encouragement to the young huntress, who responded rather quickly.

"Weeeeeeell... soooooorta." She folded her arms and swayed back and forth a little, trying to gather her thoughts on what just happened. "There was this weird cloaked guy with a bunch of... uh... robotos, or something like that, and they were making a lot of noise and digging. And then they all tried killing us, and I couldn't even put a dent in them." At this point, Seikakuna was gesturing a bit wildly as she talked, possibly a little too excited at the events from earlier. "And then and then, we chased the cloaked guy, but he was using all sorta of crazy magic to try to stop us. I was afraid I was going to get fried several times over!" Her excitement gave way to a small bit of fear as she remembered such things as having to dodge between literal meteors as she and the others were pursing the mysterious cloaked person.

"He got away in the end, though, but one of the other people who was trying to chase him said he's a really dangerous man and that he might try killing us all." The huntress stopped bouncing up and down at this point, and looked down at the ground. "...That's kinda scary, you know. I-I don't want to end up like mom and dad..." Her uncle slowly took this all in, and closed his eyes in thought.

"...Hrrm... it sounds like you have gotten into something way over your head. Although, interesting, the things that happen here in Rune-Midgart." He slowly got up, limping over the kitchen in order to make a meal, while Seikakuna merely fidgeted in place, not commenting on his ever-present injury.

"It's scary, though. I didn't think THAT would be my first adventure. That's something that only happens with heroes who are big and strong and can easily take down bad guys like that!" The uncle chuckled at this, shaking his head.

"Sometimes you end up running before learning to walk, Seikakuna. Don't forget that. Although..." He sighed wistfully. "You should still be careful. For your second adventure, don't try and be a hero. You are still young, and have a lot to learn. As I said last night, I want you to explore and learn about the world, but you must be careful." He turned to her and gave her a stern look. "You do understand this, correct?"

"Y-yes Uncle..." Seikakuna's expression visibly darkened, mostly out of disappointment. Granted, he had not said she couldn't explore at all, but she did want to try being a hero... even if she wasn't ready.

(Re)exploring Rune-Midgart one step at a time!
Validon Maotoko (73/46 Knight) (Deleting soon)
Validon Kinotoko (28/24 Merchant)
Seikakuna Sensouya (81/47 Sniper, first trans get!)
Utahime Chikage (71/41 Assassin)
Makoto Hiotoko (95/50 Wizard)
Rachel Madison (75/49 Alchemist)
Kanrininki Engeisai (40/29 Acolyte)
(This post was last modified: 08-16-2015 09:48 AM by Validon.)
08-16-2015 09:46 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fairyland Chronicles - Character Side Stories - Validon - 08-16-2015 09:46 AM