Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
Fairyland Chronicles - Character Side Stories
Validon Offline
The Freeshooter

RE: Fairyland Chronicles - Character Side Stories

(RP shenanigans led to this, and this'll lead to an absence from the next RP event or two. :D)

The door to the small house in the midst of Payon opened slowly, and the young huntress, Seikakuna, looked inside carefully. Her uncle was sitting at the table, staring out the window. "Oh, you're back so soon, Seika? I would have thought your hunt would have lasted a bit longer." He chuckled a bit, then motioned to the other chair nearby. "Come here, sit." Seikakuna fidgeted, looking a bit nervous, moreso than she usually did around the house. Her uncle, sharp-eyed as ever, laughed quite a bit at her nervousness.

"Oho, does something have you down, Seika? Come on, you can tell me, it's fine." Seikakuna shuffled inside, hands behind her back, and she quietly sat down. She started to try speaking a few times, and got her words tumbled and mixed and scattered.

"W-well, you see... I mean I want to... Uncle I... Uncle I'll be going away for awhile." Her uncle slowly nodded his head, but his eyebrows furrowed.

"Did you find a new adventure out there while on the hunt?" She shook her head.

"No no, it's still about that fairy. I gotta track her down, she still has Payon to answer for." She gave him a small grin, though. "Don't worry too much about it, I'm going to get someone from the village to look after you. I might be a couple weeks, but it'll all be fine. Just uh..." Her grin dropped to a sorrowful glance. "...I'm sorry for leaving again so soon, and I'm not sure when I'll return, either..."

"...I see." Her uncle nodded and this again, frowning. "...Seika, I do not know what you are doing, but I can tell it is certainly no simple-minded adventure. It's dangerous to travel alone like you are. You do realize..."

"I'll be fine! I'll have Mae with me, and my bow!" Seikakuna smiles again with a nod. "With them by my side, I'll be fine~. Besides, I'll be suuuper careful on the trip, I won't let anyone get the drop on me!" Her enthusiasm for adventure was showing again, much to her uncle's chargin.

"Even so, Seika, I swore to your father I would care for you if anything were to happen to him. I don't want you to go out and put yourself in danger like this!" His voice was rather serious and angry, which for a brief second made Seikakuna reel. But only for a second.

"I know!" She suddenly shouted rather angrily back. "But if I don't do anything and just sit here, the wrong people might try to follow the same leads, and people are going to get hurt! I need to do this! Please, I couldn't help Payon, and I've tried so hard to help you, but let me help others for once, okay?" Her uncle was taken aback at her sudden outburst. This... meant something to her, didn't it?

"...What is it you intend to do, though?" Seikakuna bit her tongue for a moment, thinking of how best to answer this.

"I'm going to chase down the bad guys," she finally said. "I'm going to find out where they went, and I'm going to confront that fairy face to face. I might find nothing, but if I can at least try to get ahead of that other fairy..." She closed her eyes and nodded. "It's worth the risk. Trust me, I know what I'm doing. And I'm not alone in this, there's people who're going to help." Her uncle still looked at her rather seriously... before giving a soft sigh.

"...You have your parents' spirits in you. They were brave souls, who would go to the ends of the earth to try and help those in need. If that is the calling you are drawn to, I would be a fool to not let you walk the road of your parents. However..." he trailed off. "The road they walked led to death, because they got in over their heads. You must be certain that the road you walk does not end that way. I would never forgive myself if you were hurt, Seika..." The young huntress stammered for a bit.

"U-uncle... no worries." She gave him a firm nod. "I'll come back alive and well! I wouldn't forgive myself if I left you here without ever returning!" She almost jumps on top of him as she attempted to give him a massive hug.

"S-Seika, be careful...!" Her uncle winced a bit at how hard she was squeezing him, before finally gasping for breath as she let go.

"S-sorry, Uncle!" She giggled a bit, but she did feel bad. After all, she would be away for some time. Who knows what her adventure would bring? Only time will tell...

(Re)exploring Rune-Midgart one step at a time!
Validon Maotoko (73/46 Knight) (Deleting soon)
Validon Kinotoko (28/24 Merchant)
Seikakuna Sensouya (81/47 Sniper, first trans get!)
Utahime Chikage (71/41 Assassin)
Makoto Hiotoko (95/50 Wizard)
Rachel Madison (75/49 Alchemist)
Kanrininki Engeisai (40/29 Acolyte)
08-18-2015 11:51 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fairyland Chronicles - Character Side Stories - Validon - 08-18-2015 11:51 PM