Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
Fairyland Chronicles - Character Side Stories
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

RE: Fairyland Chronicles - Character Side Stories

OOC: Read Part 1 Here
-----
Ezekiel cleared his throat and went right into it, "There was once a boy. That child had every possession under the sun from food to clothing, to toys and books. His parents told him that he could continue to have everything for a lifetime..." His voice trailed with clear intention. The pause would stick a moment, and then the story continued.

“All he had to do was listen, and let them handle everything. It was an easy request to honor for the boy. Why not? He had everything, and was completely unaware of the suffering of others. But there came a time eventually when his parents make him take on a wife."

Lucretia sat in patience as the man spoke. Ezekiel appreciated it, but did not say anything about it as he kept spinning the tale, "And that boy's reality was shattered. Before, he had everything he
wanted, but the woman who they picked for him...it was someone he did not want. And his own mind began to wonder, what else they'd choose for him he didn't really desire."

“What did the boy do?” Lucretia piped up, eager to know what would occur next in the story.

Ezekiel was glad to answer her, "The boy began to go outside, and found outside his home others who did not live as well as he did. Eventually, he'd try to fit in with them, and learn why they broke rules. They stole for food and money, and all of this done in order to survive. Eventually the day nearly arrived for the boy to marry. But he would not go through with it, how could he? The doors of freedom would be barred shut if he took the arranged fiancee into his arms."

And Lucretia again asked yet another question, "So... Did he run away? Or stab someone for controlling his life before fleeing?"

"He chose to run away. He chose this, knowing that if he stayed, his life would revolve simply around keeping others from even basic living. It would be unsatisfying knowing his life was spent only to keep wealth beyond what anyone ever needed.”

The conclusion drew near now at this point. Ezekiel drew in his breath and finished. “He did succeed because of the skills he learned from those rule breakers who only did what they had to to live. It was the best decision he could ever make, the only one he ever made that never brought him regret."

The fae princess left him with one more question, "And... is the boy truly happy now?"

"Hm, maybe not truly happy, but he found bits and snatches here and there. And has done more with his own hands outside than he ever could in the highest reaches of society." His head turned up to stare at her, and he winked, "He still lives to this day."

Lucretia 's smile turned into laughter. "At least you're free to do what you want!”

"Exactly, it is why I am even here to talk to you today. And that brings me quite a lot of happiness."

At that point, the fae took her turn to tell him of her own side, "I'm glad to hear that. As for myself, I'm not sure if I want to have Fairyland be free of humans anymore." She sighed, looking at the sky for a while. "But I guess that's something I'll find out in due time?"

The man continued to look at her as he pulled away his bangs. Then he gently said "You have plenty of time to figure it all out I think yet. No matter your choice, I believe you'll make the one best for you and everyone."

"I just hope I can live long enough to see Fairyland free from that wretch and rebuilt..." She murmured, heavy heart and all.

Ezekiel sat close enough to hear her, but pondered on how best to reply to her. When he found what he really desired to say he calmly stated, “...I believe it will happen, there are many stories in history, and they never favor zealous bastards like Amdusias."

Her mood brightened from his comment, “Haha, I guess you’re right.”

"I know I am. At least in this case." And he laughed heartily with her.

Ezekiel then gripped the blade that sat on his lap tightly. "Lucretia, I didn't tell you my life story the way I did without reason. I told it because I felt you needed to see why I could understand you, but...but also to see..."

He drew in his breath, "I have seen the world from it's top and it's bottom. And in it all, have never really had anyone accept me for who I am. Flaws and scars, whatever beautiful and witty about me. I could never place my full trust in anyone either. I use to say it was because of my work, but this sword forced me to dig deeper and really understand underneath what it really was.”

The rogue realized he had been glancing downward at the blade as he spoke. He adjusted his gaze to Lucretia then, “Do you wish to know what I found?”

She was speechless, but managed to utter: "What did you find?"

"I found a man who was scared to share even a moment's vulnerability. He feared the possibilities, to be abused, or manipulated, or taken to an awful end."

"And what will you do about this person you found?" Lucretia eyes widened.

The moment had arrived, where Ezekiel would ask the fae he looked at for something he had never asked anyone before. “Hmm, this man would like to offer his full trust to you, along with
what he knows and sees in front of him, and accept all of you." He nodded, pleased that he had gotten this far. "However, that cannot be done without yours in return…”

Lucretia smiled, and nodded back as the man’s voice went soft. "I... I fully trust you, and accept you."

An airship flew overhead towards the Rachel docks. A normal occurrence for anyone to spot during the early afternoon as human and fae sat in their secret enclosure. Both of them looked at it for a moment and then the man spoke as he slid over closer to the winged one, “"That is good to hear, it is nice to have a place of peace with someone."

But Ezekiel didn’t stop there, he leaned over and whispered, “There is one final thing, I owe you that you gave me back in Mystra’s castle awhile back. Do you want to know what it is?"

Lucretia tilted her head and looked at him, "What is it?"

He lightly kissed her cheek just like she had to him in that moment everyone saw how he saved her before. Another whisper followed, "Do you wish to know the real name of the boy in his story?"

She turned two shades of red just like the rogue had then, and she tried to gather her speech, but failed to upon her next reply, "Uhh...uhh...um...sure?"

His whispers continued, "This name must be kept in strict confidence and only used when we are alone together. This is for both of our protection. The name has much power in the world if used at the wrong moment."

"I promise to never speak of it to anyone else." Lucretia managed to nod.

A momentary interval would pass, and then in a hushed tone he provided her with his birth name. "My parents placed much hope in me, and saw their son as a light that would shine for their further fortunes. I failed them there, but will do everything in my power not to fail you or myself."

She chuckled, nudging him lightly. "Hm. I prefer Ezekiel."

He didn’t argue, and returned her a smile, “That’s fine and fair, for that is the name I chose for myself upon reaching the highest ranks of the rogue’s guild.”

With their conversations spent, they each stood and made a quiet trek back to their hidden fortress. The air between them now lighter. Whatever masks they wore to everyone else in the world didn’t matter now, because they knew between them what really hid underneath. Ezekiel knew at least he didn’t need everyone’s acceptance and trust, but now at least got it from someone he wanted it from more than any other in the world.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
09-21-2015 01:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fairyland Chronicles - Character Side Stories - Aaronock - 09-21-2015 01:27 PM