Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
Fairyland Chronicles - Character Side Stories
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

RE: Fairyland Chronicles - Character Side Stories

Amdusias had his wings clipped in his final fight and now laid dead. His underlings Cimeies and Andromallius rotting away in fae prisons. Pixie gave thanks to the ones who fought on her behalf. Lucretia had learned the truth, and her wings regenerated and renewed with new sap from Yggdrasil. The nation's leaders finally stating that Lucretia, Cynbel, Summerstream and Ezekiel Stalker were no longer to remain criminals.

The last of those named stated these things off to himself brusquely in his head. A fitting ending, and the one he anticipated. Ezekiel did not however, anticipate the newfound fervor in the streets. He attempted to hide in shadows after the event, and take a silent stroll outside Prontera’s forests. No matter how he tried to mask his location, another group of citizens seemingly kept finding him and asking questions or making comments of his adventurous exploits. To the rogue, the people should have seen it as his usual work. No matter how he tried to explain, many instead gave him other titles such as hero, rebel, principled, devilish, crazy, and a pioneer . One scholar even called him a womanizer, and that one he tried to argue, but to no avail. He gave up on trying to change anyone’s mind, and knew that as usual, people would come to their own assumptions about him. Actions always speaking louder than words.

He had no time to even consider how recent events affected him and his reputation. Back in Fairy Land, Lucretia made it clear she soon departed with Cynbel and a troop of soldiers to search for new lands and a possible new home for her kind. The Fae Princess’ tone making it noticeable that none of the humans were to come along for the trip. One man already accepted the two of them would need to separate for a time. However, Lucretia would not leave without final words from Ezekiel.

When he saw her, she stood near one of the homey structures in Fairy Land that floated magically in the sky. Her black wings had fully regenerated with the help of Yggdrasil’s sap, and when the sun's rays hit them at the right angle, her wings shined with a shimmery translucence. He did not stand next to her, but closeby, down a rocky step below. His feet shuffled, not due to being uncomfortable speaking to her any longer, but because he knew for even a moment if he approached too closely he would fall back on his words to accept her choice to travel. The man’s gaze shifted to not face her own when he saw her lithe frame.

Then he spoke with gentle care, "Lucretia, I know the past weeks have been hard on you.But there is something you must know, never think yourself as vicious or despicable as Amdusias. There is a difference between you two."

There was a small pause, and Ezekiel only tipped his head upward at to tell the fae princess, "He was unrepentant in his actions."

She thanked him and his companions for their time, protection, and their belief in her. They then spoke of other subjects, a little about the golemancer, about Fairy Land’s current state, but then a subject of what name Lucretia would call herself on her journey came up that brought awe to the rogue.

“On your journey, do you intend to go by your real name? I think taking on an alias isn't unwise. It would help you to hide your identity, and keep you safe from possible other forces that still feel hostile to you..."

She cut him off, "I'll face everything head on. All I did was because of Amdusias -- And my own inability to cope. Both of which have been taken care of. I will proudly say I am Lucretia of Faeheim!"

"Maybe there will come a day I can say something like that," he laughed weakly, "However, that day probably does not come till I retire."

"I hope you can use your real name proudly in the future."

He only had time to blink. Later her words would deserve further dissection. Ezekiel could only note that there definitely sat differences between them, and he still had much to learn before he felt he could stand next to Lucretia and show his affections for her without fear. Understanding that, it didn’t change what his own personal intuition begged him to express of his bond with her.

"Lucretia..." Ezekiel shifted his stance, to stand tall and straight, and gazed straight at her. "I don't know when we'll meet again, whether it is only one month from now, or one hundred years…” He took a deep breath and finished by saying, “But, we will see one another again, and when we do..." He grinned wide, "It'll be as if no time passed at all."

The fae princess nodded her own head slowly in agreement. "We'll meet again. This I promise."

With that, they gave final farewells, she flying away, and he taking silent steps away from her upon the floating expanse. As they went further away, Ezekiel found it easier to continue forward. A new task in his hands to stop the golemancer from bringing harm to not only fae as well, but to fellow humans as well. But in that, there was also so much other work to be done not only for others, but himself as well. There were old acquaintances to visit and let know he lived yet. Someone requested he catch them a new pet, others yet wanted his services to exterminate troublesome beasts. Then more still begged his help in finding materials for medicines. All of this he would do and find himself paid mostly in coin for it. After all, being paid this way was simply the easiest form of exchange, and the one that left the least obligations for later.

He was Ezekiel Stalker for now. But he also had gone by other names. Whenever a soul approached him, it was rarely without a request. Not even the gods came without one. For now, this was enough, but even the man could sense a change in the air. How long could he maintain the privacy he felt privileged to for over half a lifetime now? What would it mean the moment it was shattered? Did he gain or lose his perceived freedom? So many questions without easy answers, and the man only hoped that opportunities presented themselves to reveal answers in his future.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
10-06-2015 02:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fairyland Chronicles - Character Side Stories - Aaronock - 10-06-2015 02:52 PM