Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Um, Hello
Requiem Offline

Um, Hello

So...uhhm... Just starting like an hour ago, and got DC'd instantly by crappy net. But I do like what I've seen so far. Played RO just for a few days many years back and was totally interested, but didn't continue for some reasons. So, yeah, hopefully this time I can start my own adventure in proper. I am basically a total newbie now, both in RO and online games in general (I always belong to console RPGs). It's overwhelming how much to learn, and everyone seem to be at least acquainted with Ragnarok in general...I will try my best not to hinder anyone. Please take care of me Icon_redface

If it's not too much trouble, can anyone give me pointers to total beginner's guide aside of Namine and Adrillf's?
(This post was last modified: 09-13-2015 12:50 PM by Requiem.)
09-13-2015 12:49 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

RE: Um, Hello

Heya!

There is lots to learn when first starting RO, but I'm sure there's plenty of us in game who are willing to give you a helping hand to learn the ropes!

I'll provide some various links you can read over if you should get stuck. If you still have other questions, you are more than welcome to use these forums to ask them, use the #main channel in game, or PM myself. Ok

heRO Wiki - For Customs on the server

iRO Wiki - For Official Stuff

Rate My Server - For general item database stuff

RMS Leveling Guide

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
09-13-2015 01:09 PM
Plant Away

Welcome to heRO, hope you'll continue to like it here :3

Well, first of all, the guides you mentioned (the ones by Namine and Adrillf) are for people already acquainted with the basics of RO and are not entirely suitable for someone who's completely new to RO. You'll really need google up some info

...or use those extremely helpful links provided by Aaronock above. Even people with years of experience still use them. (Was in the middle of compiling useful links before actually realizing Aaronock already did it Mad I blame mobile for that huge posting time difference).

Same thing for any start of an RPG advanture, I recommend reading on the classes available and mechanics like how stats and elements work. If you prefer experience instead of reading up heavy wall of text, just get online and explore for yourself! Go learn basics taught by the NPCs in the novice training ground. I think those are already tremendous help in starting out this game.
(This post was last modified: 09-13-2015 06:53 PM by Plant.)
09-13-2015 01:28 PM
ChaosPrince Offline
Troll Prince

You've come to the right server! This place is filled with "care bears" so you will be in good hands.
They'll ensure you get free stuff and level up with no effort aka you will never learn how to play your class properly.
09-13-2015 04:12 PM
Story Teller Offline
Passionate Artist

Whatever you do, logout when you see Rahice. She is the grim reaper.

[Image: tumblr_ny8egaizy41ugfaiio1_500.gif]
09-13-2015 04:21 PM
Summerstream Offline
Yggdrasil Scholar

Welcome to the server!~ Just shout on main if you need help, and those who are online do their best to assist you~

[Image: .gif]
Test & Dev | Wiki
The taste of our wine is as divine as the stars
Summerstream | Amelia Newman
Ithilethiel | Aquaris Harmoni
.Pavan. | Sheena Archer
~Saya~ | +Aurora+
Wine Brewing Society
09-13-2015 04:27 PM
GM-Ciar Offline
Always Sleepy

Welcome to heRO! In addition to the links Aaronock posted, there's also a Beginner's Guide guide on the wiki that shows how to get the most out of the training grounds.

Hope you enjoy your stay! Icon_smile

[Image: UAx69ij.png]
09-13-2015 05:06 PM
Debris Offline
Equivalent Exchange

Welcome on the server, hope you have a nice time, and maybe I will see you in game (if the once in a blue moon.)

Heh, Thanks Ciar for pointing out one of my old guides Icon_razz Iirc former-GM-Pixel had also written a few guides, and indeed there are player guides from Adrillf, T-chan, Irxallis, Kittie. I don't remember if there are more guides from me, and otherwise google is a good friend, but just make sure you find guides based on pre renewal.

Caitlin
Disease, Debris, Shiranai
[Image: sblkpu.jpg]
09-13-2015 05:35 PM
Yurrechire Offline
Mistress of a 1000 Papercuts

When all else fails, just log in and start killing stuff. If it's too strong, it will kill you. In all instances, berserk helps. Icon_smile

Join the Dark Legion today- we've got the best cookies!

Zerk on PRINCIPLE! ™
09-13-2015 06:05 PM
whitedraw Offline
YUKI! xD

WELCOMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE DROOOLL

[Image: GLgDZOF.gif]

Nya~~ what are you looking at nya???
09-14-2015 07:57 AM