Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Novice Wings (Fixed - Hopfuly)
Jubei Offline
Chairman

RE: Novice Wings

As one of the neighbohood novies, here my two cents:

1: Make then pink with a silver rim. Matches the rest of the pictures in teh novice gear. That or Blue and yellow (Super novice).

2: Make it usable. The stats you have laid out are nice, and i love that. But a self respecting novice without an hp/sp boosting card (pupa, roda, incubus (or was it succubus) would never wear non-slotted armor.

3: The hardest thing about making an item such as this is the situation about trade and storage in order to transfer items to the novie. My suggestion is that you must collect all the items -=[WITHIN THE NOVICE TRAINING GROUNDS]=- in order to obtain them. This cuts off the access to storage. This also sets up competition, as peopel will be fighting over monsters in the training ground area. (Lets not forget an NPC that infoms the player of the wings)

4: My idea for the wings themselves are the first level one be all class with the current stats (non slotted), while the second ones are much much more harder to obtain (like so hard your novice will be level 21 before leaving the training grounds), slotted and novice only.

My suggestions,
hope you consider them,
Enna

[Image: hl101.jpg]
05-27-2007 12:45 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Flossy Offline
Falathiel of Fate

RE: Novice Wings

Kadar Wrote:Those wings look like zodiac without color... If you have to make them as a novice you should only be allowed to wear them as a novice/high novice/super novice.
There the monster Retribution's wings i stole from him.

Jubei,

Great ideas I'm updating the post currently ill be sure to note some of your sugestions.

Edit : Done Updating
(This post was last modified: 05-27-2007 10:23 AM by Flossy.)
05-27-2007 09:41 AM
Rei Offline
Mistress Of Twilight

RE: Novice Wings (Fixed - Hopfuly)

I still think that it's way too easy, the only thing that's not extreamly easy to get is the cards, and even they aren't that hard to get since everyone can kill them in one hit. It's a good idea, but you'll have to take into consideration that peoeple will have other characters that they can use to get these wings. Having items like jellopy and shells wont make this hard. The novice already has good equipment too, I think the quest still needs to be way harder. Like add some stuff with low drops like a slotted jacket or something. It's a pretty good idea, but just way too easy to get.

Characters:
R e i - Stalker
Y u i - Priest
BlackRose - Assasin
[Image: 91artu.png]
[Image: ReiSig.jpg]
05-27-2007 11:54 AM
Bloody Offline
Mmm Blood

Like I suggested before, Even if they are easy to make OR give +5 bonuses. As long as they are useable by Novice/Novice High/Super Novice, I don't think it is a big problem. Maybe tweek the second wings around and make them harder or give less stats. But as long as they are Novice-Only wings.. It isn't a big deal.
05-27-2007 04:01 PM
Jubei Offline
Chairman

The whole "Too Easy to Collect" Thing is why i suggested that we make this novice training grounds only thing. That way, no storage, no extra characters, no problem

05-27-2007 04:44 PM
Flossy Offline
Falathiel of Fate

n_n;; Rei Yep you'd only can get them from novice island
05-27-2007 09:23 PM
ShadesOfBlue Offline
Order of Chaos

you really wanna make it a pain? make it to where you need 1000 of an item dropped from each monster in the training ground. that way youd have to stick with the easy monsters for awhile than tell that guy you want try something harder and move on to the next level of monsters . you get the idea. is it even possible to stay in the trainingg grounds that long? woah nevemind youd prob have to have a huge wieeght limit for that .. maybe make a custom item that drops from each type of training ground monster you have to get and the drop rate is the same as card drop rate.That way you wont have to do any real pain in the rear stuff by makeing the same monsters outside the training grounds not drop it because outside the training grounds it be worthless.

[Image: obama_supporters.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 05-27-2007 09:35 PM by ShadesOfBlue.)
05-27-2007 09:32 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jubei Offline
Chairman

ShadesOfBlue Wrote:you really wanna make it a pain? make it to where you need 1000 of an item dropped from each monster in the training ground. that way you'd have to stick with the easy monsters for awhile than tell that guy you want try something harder and move on to the next level of monsters . you get the idea. is it even possible to stay in the training grounds that long? woah nevermind you'd prob have to have a huge weight limit for that .. maybe make a custom item that drops from each type of training ground monster you have to get and the drop rate is the same as card drop rate.That way you wont have to do any real pain in the rear stuff by making the same monsters outside the training grounds not drop it because outside the training grounds it be worthless.

Card rate might be....pushing it, but i see where your going. Probably a fixed 100 of each of the regular drops (jellopy, feather of birds, fluff, etc.) and 1 item that has a rate of 0.5%.

05-29-2007 01:19 AM
Force-Attuned Krogoth Offline
Jack of All Trades

One way to skirt around the weight issue (and it is an important one) is to make the quest multi-stage. Like kill condors first, then fabres, etc

Kroggles ensures the living stay living, and the dead stay dead.
Clobberella beats you up.
Teela Brown has a birdie!
Flosshilde communes with the very souls of the damned.
Walsung is actually pretty cool. For a guy made of metal.
05-29-2007 02:03 PM
Former-GM-Hermes Offline
Messenger of God

Its a "novice class only" wing. How about making it so that it boosts up some of the things novice classes lack, such as hp/sp? Novice classes does not get great defense, so I think adding some def/mdef bonus would be great too. I would drop strawberry if you have card requirements. Orange is difficult to get as well.
05-29-2007 03:31 PM