Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
(Request) Gearing Up Guide
razzle Offline

(Request) Gearing Up Guide

*Bold spot is added in an edit...

Okay, so there's a 'where to level' guide -(http://www.pandoraonline.net/forum/showt...tid=17468)
- but is there a guide for what the best gear is for each class depending on their goals which include links to where to get it?

If not then I humbly request one be made!

Perhaps it can be a thread where people explain their job/build and goals and get a response to what gear they'd need.
People can fill out a short form even!
I'll use myself as an example.

Job: Dancer (not Gypsy yet cuz I'm reeeally slow at levelling)
Build: DPS as Dancer, primarily support but with Arrow Vulcan as Gypsy
Goals: PvM, Allegiance, and ToH
Funds: Poor as heck (willing to quest/farm for items)
Extra notes: Not max level or even transcendent yet, so also needing gear to simply help with levelling.

DISCLAIMER: This is not a begging thread, this is an advice thread!
We're here to ask what gear is best for us NOT asking to be given the gear!
(This post was last modified: 10-26-2015 11:57 PM by razzle.)
10-25-2015 10:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

RE: (Request) Gearing Up Guide

Just tossing my 2 cents. As a hunter (but I guess it works as bard/dancer too, just slightly harder due to no traps) I find that Odin Temple is pretty decent at a relatively low cost compared to other gears. The job exp is low, but as non-trans that wouldn't matter.

Santa Poring cards can be found in gift boxes, which make them quite common, thus easy to buy. Composite Bow[4] can be farmed from Goblin Archer South-West-West from morroc. Simple Bow[4] drop from condor and can be an option too. Buy some silver arrows from one of the tool dealer (example the payon cave one). Once you got a 4x santa poring weapon it's good for Odin Temple, but also Niflheim and a few other places.

A more general gear for ranged class is a Orc Archer Bow with some steel arrow of course.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
10-26-2015 02:48 PM
Mr. Charcanine Offline
PKMN MASTER

I think this is a great idea since heRO has so many custom gears that make different builds more possible/stronger. I haven't played in more than two years, so idk if there has been any new better gears that have come out since then, but this is my 2 cents from what I remember before.

Job: Champion
Goals: Super Asura for MVPing
Stats: High STR and INT, Medium DEX and VIT

Gears:
Upper: Red Minstrel Hat w/ Incubus (+6 if possible) [Alternative: Drooping Deleter]
Mid: Slotted Sunnies or Glasses w/ Incubus [Alternative: Cyclops Eye or SP Nobility Gem]
Lower: Incubus ToH Wings [Alternative: High SP Zodiac Wings (Since Incubus is expensive, I would save it for ToH wings)]
Body: See above.
Garment: Proxy Skin w/ Giant Whisper (Higher refine = better) [Alternative: Morpheus Shawl]
Shoes: Variant Shoes [Alternative: Sohee Shoes or Firelock if you have +9 Shoes]
Accessory 1: Diabolus Ring w/ Phen [Alternative: Morpheus Ring]
Accessory 2: Diabolus Ring w/ Mantis [Alternative: Morpheus Bracelet]

Morpheus Set is okay if you have high SP, but I dont remember exactly if its better.

If you have any of these headgears at +9 or +10, then Carat Card is better than Incubus. Good luck with that!

Weapon/Shield:
Weapon: Luna Kaleet w/ Abysmal Knights (higher refine = better obviously) [Alternative: +9 Lich Bone Wand with AK Cards, Chain [3] with Race Cards or Minorous] [Garm Claw w/ Desert Wolf is good for small MVPs like Mistress and GTB because of size reduction, but I dont remember if it's better]
Shield: Stone Buckler w/ Alice (higher refine = better obviously) [Alternative: Stone Buckler w/ Hodremlin]

Extra notes: I do not recommend levelling with these stats from the start as you will have really low DEX so it's not as good for levelling normally. This is more for once you're 99 and want to get a nice high Asura Strike when Bloody Branching. For levelling, I would recommend using the Spirit Champ build (which I will add later)

If there's anything better or anything to fix, lemme know so I can add it to my wishlist. Icon_twisted

EDITS:
1. Red Minstrel Hat needs to be only +6 (Not +8) to get bonus. Also Carat Card. Thanks Debris!
2. I suddenly remembered about the existence of slotted mids. Whoops.

(This post was last modified: 10-27-2015 04:31 PM by Mr. Charcanine.)
10-26-2015 03:59 PM
Debris Offline
Equivalent Exchange

(10-26-2015 03:59 PM)Mr. Charcanine Wrote:  Gears:
Upper: Red Minstrel Hat w/ Incubus (+8 if possible) [[i]Alternative: Drooping

Why +8 ?
+6 already does the trick for the Red Minstrel Hat itself
or go +9 so you can use Carat Card so you gain int instead of losing it like the incubus card

Caitlin
Disease, Debris, Shiranai
[Image: sblkpu.jpg]
10-27-2015 08:45 AM
Menace651 Offline

I think each refine after +6 gives extra sp as well. Never upgraded one past +6 but ive heard from others who have. Good luck getting one past +7 though.

Just @who2 Menace ingame. You should find me if I'm on. thanks!
10-27-2015 09:53 AM
Mr. Charcanine Offline
PKMN MASTER

(10-27-2015 08:45 AM)Debris Wrote:  
(10-26-2015 03:59 PM)Mr. Charcanine Wrote:  Gears:
Upper: Red Minstrel Hat w/ Incubus (+8 if possible) [[i]Alternative: Drooping

Why +8 ?
+6 already does the trick for the Red Minstrel Hat itself
or go +9 so you can use Carat Card so you gain int instead of losing it like the incubus card

My mistake. I was typing this from memory. I could've sworn I needed something at +8... Anyways, changed original post!

10-27-2015 03:35 PM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

Hmm, perhaps a guide would be good. As old as I am, a good majority of my gears are generic PVM stuffs and outdated as all get out....

A lot of the gears mentioned so far are kind of pricey due to RNG of the hatter or Rarity because end game dungeon boss loots.

While it's good to aim for the endgame, perhaps there could be more budget stuffs listed as well?

As for dancer/gypsy stuffs, a lot of what pandora mentioned is viable. My dancer leveled to trans with Burning Bow with Kaho card and fire arrows. The elemental bows can be a cheap substitute for the OAB. Just may be hard to get Gust and Icicle bows Compared to burning and Earthen bows.

[Image: giphy.gif]
The Oka Compendium
: A glorified record of my alt-a-holic-ism. May or may not be up to date at any given point.
(This post was last modified: 11-02-2015 12:57 AM by The Legendary Joe.)
11-02-2015 12:49 AM
Debris Offline
Equivalent Exchange

The Legendary Joe Wrote:The elemental bows can be a cheap substitute for the OAB. Just may be hard to get Gust and Icicle bows Compared to burning and Earthen bows.

Doesn't one of those bows, i thought Gust, drops from OPB ?

Caitlin
Disease, Debris, Shiranai
[Image: sblkpu.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 11-02-2015 05:37 AM by Debris.)
11-02-2015 05:35 AM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

(11-02-2015 05:35 AM)Debris Wrote:  
The Legendary Joe Wrote:The elemental bows can be a cheap substitute for the OAB. Just may be hard to get Gust and Icicle bows Compared to burning and Earthen bows.

Doesn't one of those bows, i thought Gust, drops from OPB ?

Both bows can pop out of an OBB or OPB. Icon_smile
Just OAB cannot be obtained via that method.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
11-02-2015 03:31 PM
draoballa Offline
Water Of Oldness

Guide for an upcoming blacksmith or whitesmith? thanks :3
04-02-2017 10:17 PM