Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Multi-Clienting
Menace651 Offline

Multi-Clienting

I know this has been brought up (and shot down) before but I urge the GM's to consider the current state of the server and it's future. We are never going to reach the population that we had 4+ years ago. Unless by some miracle we have 50+ people join this server. But the reality is that we won't and the population is just going to steadily decline.

That being said, I ask the GM's to seriously consider allowing multi or at least just dual clienting on this server. Parties are pretty much non-existant anymore due to lack of people and/or proper classes. And let's face it no one wants to play as a boring bragi or dancer.

I've been on other servers and almost all of them allow muilti-clienting to some degree. It's just a part of RO that is commonly accepted now due to poor game design and an aging game.

Not having any parties and multi-clienting is really killing this server. New and current players are being driven away due to the server lacking any real parties or party related activities.

Just @who2 Menace ingame. You should find me if I'm on. thanks!
11-08-2015 11:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

RE: Multi-Clienting

We would welcome multiple people's opinion on the matter.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
11-09-2015 10:09 AM
Gojira Offline
truth hurts

I'm all for it but I do agree there needs to be a client limit still (ideally 2 clients) so that we don't start seeing 1 or 2 players running 6+ clients (especially in woe .__.)

[Image: 14tph6o.png]
11-09-2015 11:18 AM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Personally not for it.
And I've done multi-clienting in the past on other servers. To me, it kind of ruins the whole point of partying in this game. Everyone will just start building slave chars to multi-client on and as it is with parties being hardly a thing, I find it will erode things further still.

If the rules on this did change, it's not such a dealbreaker I'd leave the server however, and would welcome AMJ's suggestion regarding the number of clients allowed.

My only question is are we going to unban people from the past who may have multi-cliented?

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
11-09-2015 11:22 AM
Hoodloom Offline

Truthfully, Im up for multi clienting due to the lack of players and parties.
(This post was last modified: 11-09-2015 11:37 AM by Hoodloom.)
11-09-2015 11:37 AM
ChaosPrince Offline
Troll Prince

Not a good idea. If you accept dual-client, might as well accept bots.
On the bright side, imagine CP get FCP slave on Aerosmith + Linker buffs thanks to multi-account during WoE! hmm, sexy Icon_wink
11-09-2015 11:55 AM
Menace651 Offline

(11-09-2015 11:18 AM)Gojira Wrote:  I'm all for it but I do agree there needs to be a client limit still (ideally 2 clients) so that we don't start seeing 1 or 2 players running 6+ clients (especially in woe .__.)

I agree with this. If it were implmented. Allowing more than 2-3 clients is kind of ridiculous. I know a guy on another server that used to kill SM by himself with 6 supporting clients. This wont stop people from just opening more clients on anothet computer but it will make it much harder.

As far as woe and bg goes ive seen other servers that have been able to disable multi clienting on just woe/bg maps but allow it outside of woe/bg. It wont stop people from multi clienting for outside buffs but any competant woe guild should already be running an active fcp, hp, linker. An outside buffer cant make up for an active one due to dispell and other skills.

Just @who2 Menace ingame. You should find me if I'm on. thanks!
11-09-2015 12:57 PM
Gojira Offline
truth hurts

(11-09-2015 11:22 AM)Aaronock Wrote:  To me, it kind of ruins the whole point of partying in this game.

I'd agree with you but the problem right now is that the lack of players is making parties just not happen instead. People have only been doing KoD since I came back 2 weeks ago, I haven't seen 1 person trying to form a party on main.. With a 2 clients limit it would favor parties happening while still preventing people from just soloing with 5 clients open so I think it's worth giving it a try.

(11-09-2015 11:55 AM)ChaosPrince Wrote:  Not a good idea. If you accept dual-client, might as well accept bots.
On the bright side, imagine CP get FCP slave on Aerosmith + Linker buffs thanks to multi-account during WoE! hmm, sexy Icon_wink

Care to explain how dual clienting is the same thing as botting? There's no form of automation what so ever, all you can do is autofollow at best and even then..

A lot of people have this kind of view about multi clienting because they haven't experienced it much (and they usually don't have any solid arguments, it's just how they think things will be...).

(11-09-2015 12:57 PM)Menace651 Wrote:  
(11-09-2015 11:18 AM)Gojira Wrote:  I'm all for it but I do agree there needs to be a client limit still (ideally 2 clients) so that we don't start seeing 1 or 2 players running 6+ clients (especially in woe .__.)

I agree with this. If it were implmented. Allowing more than 2-3 clients is kind of ridiculous. I know a guy on another server that used to kill SM by himself with 6 supporting clients. This wont stop people from just opening more clients on anothet computer but it will make it much harder.

As far as woe and bg goes ive seen other servers that have been able to disable multi clienting on just woe/bg maps but allow it outside of woe/bg. It wont stop people from multi clienting for outside buffs but any competant woe guild should already be running an active fcp, hp, linker. An outside buffer cant make up for an active one due to dispell and other skills.

Right...I completely forgot but you'd have to make it clear that multi clienting at least in BG isn't allowed, it's already bad enough when people dice or straight up leech, we wouldn't want completely afk 2nd accounts in there.

[Image: 14tph6o.png]
11-09-2015 01:09 PM
Demogorgon Offline
Awesome

(11-09-2015 01:09 PM)Gojira Wrote:  I'd agree with you but the problem right now is that the lack of players is making parties just not happen instead.

I actually think that a more deciding Factor in no regular Partys happening is the high ratio of Vets on this Server that simply dont need to level anymore bc of stacked lvl99 Accs,so if someone tries to recruit for Thor or DG or st it doesnt really appeal to a majority of the Players to grind wo rewards they need.

Dual/Multiclienting might actually bite back in a way that even more Stuff than now will be able to to be soloable or duoable leaving the New Players that arent yet that well interconnected with even less Partyoptions.

P.S. you might argue that they can then solo/duo themselves more often but imo RO is a pretty bad singleplayer game,its depth relies on partyinteractions and a solo approach shouldnt be encouraged by server policys.

If you stare into the Abyss there's a 1d20 chance that 2d4 lesser Tanari'i
stare back at you
(This post was last modified: 11-09-2015 02:05 PM by Demogorgon.)
11-09-2015 02:02 PM
Can Offline

I support the dual client, I used to play in euRo official server and it was allowed there and have not really caused any game-breaking problems. However, there are some different mechanics at hand here, due to low population and custom events.
For a lone wolf player such as myself, being able to buff or endow yourself is a huge difference, especially endow, that may allow me to build 4 carded weapons instead of using crafted elemental weapons, maximizing the effectiveness of the characters we have.
On the other hand, I think you should only allow the usage of multiple clients outside of WoE times. In a highly populated server a WoE would include hundreds of people in a castle, which would make the occasional dual client quite negligible in that body mass, but with so few people doing WoE on this server, extra clients can really be tipping the balance.

I don't see how this hurts anyone's party chances. Personally, if I have a chance to party, I would take it instead of hanging with my 2. account 'slave', it is more fun and people love socializing on this server. As someone said above, the reason parties are not happening is because people are already maxed out, lots of 99 rebirths fully geared, who have no need of running any parties.
I'm probably a player that hangs out solo, a lot more often than others. And I have usually had trouble finding parties for "party classes" such as priest, wizard or crusader, therefore I leaned towards agility based soloer classes, such as rogue or monk. And when I did get into some parties, they would be at least 5-6 people parties. So I figured, this is what people on this server like to do, whereas the go-to party size on my old server was 2-3 man smaller parties. I mean to say, the bigger sized parties we have more often on this server would not be hurt by this change, but this change could make it easier for 2-3 man small parties to be formed.

If you can find a way to prevent these WoE and BG issues, I'm for it.
11-09-2015 02:53 PM