• 0 Votes - 0 Average
Trial of Heroes November 2015 Feedback Thread
GM-Ciar Offline
Always Sleepy

Trial of Heroes November 2015 Feedback Thread

Host: GM-Ciar

Monster Trial:
10x One-Horned Scaraba (Small Scarab)
7x Two-Horned Scaraba (Dual-Horned Scarab)
5x Antler Scaraba (Clawing Scarab)
3x Rake Scaraba (Morning-Star Scarab)
1x Dolomedes Leader (White Spider Ringleader)

Item Trial (25 Minute Time Limit):
44 Silk Shawl
28 Demonic Horns
8 Captain Boots
6 Black Armor
4 Magic Necklace

Trivia:
1. What is the name of the poring that takes you to poring city? Bloop, 9 People got it right.
2. What whip does Dark Pinguicula drop? Blade Whip or Blade, 6 people got it right.
3. How much HP does First Aid normally heal? 5 or Five, 11 people got it right.
4. What item does Snowier Card have a chance to drop? Ice cream, 10 people got it right.
5. What is The Golemancer's real name? Kushiel, 3 people got it right because everyone else doesn't read the chronicles much.
6. How many slaves did monster trial's 5th wave mob spawn? 2, 11 people got it right.

Mass Battle:
6 Light Vs. 7 Dark
Light Side won (2 - 0)

Total Players: 14
Light Heroes: 6
Dark Heroes: 8

Duration: Almost 3 Hours.

[Image: UAx69ij.png]
11-27-2015 10:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Summerstream Offline
Yggdrasil Scholar

RE: Trial of Heroes November 2015 Feedback Thread

So here's the video by popular request: Clicky

Didn't attend this time due to being unprepared and leveling my cute little sinx. But, I did come to spectate the PvP this time~

I heard that the monster trial was very anti-sniper. Looking at the mob names, it looks like it makes sense to me~

[Image: .gif]
Test & Dev | Wiki
The taste of our wine is as divine as the stars
Summerstream | Amelia Newman
Ithilethiel | Aquaris Harmoni
.Pavan. | Sheena Archer
~Saya~ | +Aurora+
Wine Brewing Society
(This post was last modified: 11-27-2015 10:58 PM by Summerstream.)
11-27-2015 10:58 PM
Can Offline

I'm sorry to say but this ToH felt quite biased. It's almost like you were trying to balance out the previous ToHs like, making all 5 waves of monsters with Defender skill, just so Snipers don't have as easy time as usual, or reversing the usual dominance of Dark side on mass battle.

The SG scroll matter. Not our fault if the NPC couldn't detect it, it is stated in the rules in forum, that ANY scroll is forbidden. But maybe some people did not read the rules in here, let's say, which is fine too.

I did not expect anyone to be banned for that, but I expected you to do that first round again, instead of just letting the unfair advantage slide, hence "bending" the rules. It should have been back to 0-0.
And on the second round when each team has 2 players alive, one of the Dark side players asked "wouldn't it be a tie if we wait it out?" and the answer you gave was "No, because it is 1-0 right now", which would not be the case, it would be still 0-0, and the 2. round could have ended in a tie as well.

This has nothing to do with the team strengths in comparison, I'm not saying Dark side would have won if this did not happen, but the kind of approach "You would have lost anyway" is not objective. What would be the correct approach is to simply enforce the rules as they should, and let things resolve themselves, not pre-determining winners.

And to be fair, I feel that we would probably still lose, I dont mean to shadow the light side players' efforts, but this was not just.
11-27-2015 11:08 PM
yacsef Offline
Kappa

This DS is fast :O
You should take off the background music.
11-27-2015 11:42 PM
Gojira Offline
truth hurts

Defender/10 XD

But seriously, I felt it was a great ToH (at the very least, the most challenging and fun I've had on a sniper in years) and yes, I played sniper and got 50/50 in monster and item so don't blame the GM for your inability to handle content that requires more then spamming ds. ToH isn't supposed to be a free voucher, it isn't a participation prize. Some ToHs are harder for certain classes and that's just how it is.

Regarding that whole mass battle thing, potions were still used so I do think the call of giving light the win was appropriate (and i'm dark). The second fight was in no way a tie, it was myself declaring forfeit because I simply had no way to kill 2 assumptio'd high priests with no blue potions left. I don't get why the dark team believed that it should be a tie but it was in no way a tie.

[Image: 14tph6o.png]
11-27-2015 11:55 PM
Can Offline

I do expect a challenge, but I expect some variety in it, if there are 5 waves and all 5 have the same specialty, that's not very balanced, is it? I expect one wave to be strong against range, while another strong against melee, and so on.

And, potions were used? How is that even relevant? Potions are used on both sides, and has nothing to do with the scroll advantage.

You had no way to kill those HPs, and they had no way to kill you either, so it would be a tie when the timer is over.
11-28-2015 12:10 AM
Gojira Offline
truth hurts

(11-28-2015 12:10 AM)Can Wrote:  I do expect a challenge, but I expect some variety in it, if there are 5 waves and all 5 have the same specialty, that's not very balanced, is it? I expect one wave to be strong against range, while another strong against melee, and so on.

And, potions were used? How is that even relevant? Potions are used on both sides, and has nothing to do with the scroll advantage.

You had no way to kill those HPs, and they had no way to kill you either, so it would be a tie when the timer is over.

You sound like you expect a free voucher, not a challenge. You failed at playing against defender (and probably didn't trap like every sniper who whines about anti-sniper mob does). Sorry to tell you but ToHs aren't always going to be balanced. There have been completely anti-melee ones, anti-creator ones, anti-caster ones. Sniper can actually manage very well against defender if you play it properly, you just failed to do so (or you just weren't geared enough to handle this specific ToH).

As for the mass battle, there is no timer. It's why I declared forfeit (not to mention 2 vs 1 isn't a tie last I heard...), there was no way I would kill an hp without blue potions, no matter what I did. I didn't feel like waiting until Leon finally got an asura off via ifrit rings since it was simply just a waste of everyones time.

Anyway, whatever floats your boat really, hearing people wanting everything to be easy isn't something new around here...

Voted balanced, balanced, too easy.

[Image: 14tph6o.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-28-2015 12:55 AM by Gojira.)
11-28-2015 12:43 AM
Can Offline

I agree with most of what you said, ( I had no defensive issues such as traps anyw, just couldnt kill on time, not enough dps, noobie gear ) however, my performance has nothing to do with the design ( which should be more balanced I think, saying there have been anti-melee, anti-this anti-that before is not a good example, one bad example shouldn't make another valid, there shouldn't be a pure "anti-melee" 5 rounds either) , or the "tie or not" debate on 2. round has nothing to do with the first round SG scroll unfairness.

I mean, the whole fight was basically Pneuma vs Pneuma and our only Pneuma caster on Dark side died because he was frozen by SG, how is that fair?

I should improve my performance, that's my concern, but these things I've mentioned also could be improved, which is the feedback.
(This post was last modified: 11-28-2015 01:14 AM by Can.)
11-28-2015 12:59 AM
MrsCharcanine Offline
PKMN TRAINER

Aww, it sounded like a grand time ;-;! Really wish I didn't have such a long shift today at work. Maybe next time!

[Image: kku876l]
[Image: 1zf23br.png]
11-28-2015 02:08 AM
ChaosPrince Offline
Troll Prince

Fair ToH,
Not well prepared and false start to the PvP Finally! Wrong gear, wrong weapon, wrong pots keyed, so I'll blame myself and FINALLY Matinee won 1 fight lOL… after all this time.

And Can, I get your feeling, but hey, the SG was super mega slow, all we needed to do was walk backwards (like I did). And 2 HPs, they just kept on resurrecting, our team comp wasn't good enough and the SW outplayed your Pneuma, period. GG
11-28-2015 02:23 AM