Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Donation Suggestions and Ideas
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

RE: Donation Suggestions and Ideas

Okay, after thinking on this off and on for awhile, I finally came up with some things to suggest.

1. Delicious Candy x3-5 or so at every $15.00 given. I'm aware that you are given Delicious Cake x1 at every $2.00 given currently, so doing the math that is basically every $3.00-5.00 you receive a Delicious Candy for. Seems fair since it is +6 to all stats instead of +3 to all.

2. Is it possible to make a weaker Bubblegum Effect? So instead of x2 drop rate, it is 1.5 or something? At 1.5x it would only be 4.5x rates. You could make this extremely expensive to obtain, like 1 at every $100.00 donation total or something crazy like that.

3. Honey Pastry, Sesame Pastry, and Rainbow Cake bonuses at some dollar amount? You can pick one of the three and get a pack of 20-30.

4. Perhaps a package you can only buy one time with some headgears. I'd recommend those balloon ones that have LF > GF and etc. Could include a special costume item as well as exp manuals and job manuals.

5. A package that lets you buy fish. Personally always found pots and other restorative items better but some players might like the option to get Bass/Salmon/Angel/Mutant fish. I don't really recommend selling Dory/Nemo in these for obvious reasons.

Anyway, that's just a few ideas I'm throwing out there, hope this may assist in determining new items in general. o/

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
(This post was last modified: 05-18-2016 11:54 PM by Aaronock.)
05-18-2016 11:53 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
sheam Offline
Final Universal Love

I secede the pay2win model and back the pay2shine business model. For many other successful free to play games, that philosophy is apparent:

Users who are in love with the game will want to show off their dedication through aesthetic appeal.

Any donation item that incurs any type of exclusivity in player performance is inherently doomed to fail as it alienates those whom can not afford the excuse of "I don't have enough money to get those items that are a clear gaming advantage," however, they can always say "I don't have enough money to get those items that make me look pretty."

Users can easily rationalize this concept and feel more obligated to donate in regards to respect rather than reward.

Sometimes, as leaders, it may be a difficult decision to choose "to give them what they want" vs "to give them what they need." So far, heRO has done an excellent and superb job at giving us "what we need."

We need an environment that does not allow duo client. We need an environment that rewards partying over soloing. What we don't need is segregation derived from classicism.

Presumptuous attitude aside.. (Which I can only assume is perceived this way to those who do not know me well.)

I'm merely voicing my opinion. My opinion is not draconian law. But. I do strongly believe my opinion is right.

Speaking for myself, I'd love to see Costume Headgears enter the game. I'd easily pay $10 for a costume headgear (upper only even) just like I've payed for skins on League of Legends. This doesn't mean any and all non-cosmetic idea contributions are a bad idea.. They're just extremely difficult to balance properly. I see people try to do this, and I commend them for it. They clearly have more experience at making that a possibility than I do.

Thank you for your consideration.
(This post was last modified: 05-21-2016 12:23 PM by sheam.)
05-21-2016 12:13 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Arcanju Offline

I think it would be great if we could transfer mining / fishing points to another character as a GM service.
06-05-2016 08:52 AM
Tochi Offline

Rental Boxes / Items

Like a class related box (IE Swordman box, Mage Box, Theif Box, ect) that maybe is broken down into 2 parts ( 30-70 box then 71-99 box) not sure i guess each box could be active for 2 weeks or so?

or just straight up rental gears
02-16-2018 01:23 PM
Tochi Offline

VIP accounts

For a set price (15-20$) a month you get perks like maybe increased exp rates (not drops) and maybe unlocked warper.. also could do like a reward for milestone marks (3 months 6 months 1 year)

I feel like this would bring in a steady amount of donations that could be used for advertising and also may interest new players to join the server if they know they can pay for a slight perk in leveling.
02-19-2018 02:29 PM
The Roger Offline
RNGOD PRAISER #1

(02-19-2018 02:29 PM)Tochi Wrote:  VIP accounts

For a set price (15-20$) a month you get perks like maybe increased exp rates (not drops) and maybe unlocked warper.. also could do like a reward for milestone marks (3 months 6 months 1 year)

I feel like this would bring in a steady amount of donations that could be used for advertising and also may interest new players to join the server if they know they can pay for a slight perk in leveling.

Actually,... its definetely not a bad idea :o in the end, its just exp so one will end up eventually grinding it all anyway :o
02-19-2018 02:49 PM
Kiwis Offline
Cut & Uncut Lover

(02-19-2018 02:29 PM)Tochi Wrote:  VIP accounts

imo, might be too p2win for the most part, since its a singular, but quite large reward. And, heRO's always been about avoiding 'VIP accounts'. However, I think a more suitable option could be a combination of two of your suggestions,
maybe have a milestone exp boost serverwide, for every set amount of donations received, through any service/donation.
I understand that this may reduce motivation to donate, individually, but overall, it should incentivize donations from everyone.

PLACENTAPLACENTAPLACENTAPLACENTAPLACENTAPLACENTAPLACENTA

Big Bad Apple | Taco Pie | Natchos | Eggplant | Papricka
Kiwi Tunes | Bacon & Eggs | Pimento | Placenta

PLACENTAPLACENTAPLACENTAPLACENTAPLACENTAPLACENTAPLACENTA
02-22-2018 11:40 PM
Tochi Offline

I’m very confused on how at all this is p2w? Leveling has absolutely Nothing to do with end game content. (Giving hats / gear / items like bubble gum is p2w)Also unlocked warper is ALREADY available through donations but this would be more of a rental of it.
02-23-2018 07:10 AM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

Regardless if its a "good idea or not", we probably won't do any vip account due to the technical issues being more troublesome than its worth. It'll be easier to make items that give donaters that same amount of benefit instead of changing the very nature of the account itself.

Also regardless if it's "true or not", accelerated exp is actually heavily regarded as a p2w method, at least according to most RMS "Looking for server" posts and RMS is where vast majority of new players for heRO comes from. We used to do server wide exp donations so that everyone benefits instead of donating for your own personal benefit, but we removed it when it got out of hand, even though it alleviated lot of financial stress.

We are grateful that our players are understanding and is actively looking for ways to help pandora pay for the cost, but we also value outsider perception of the donation rewards as well.

02-23-2018 01:15 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply