Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Chronicle of Heroes ~ Of Fiends and Shadows
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

RE: The Chronicle of Heroes ~ Of Fiends and Shadows

Wait, is this the Same dark lord the sign quest was trying to prevent from happening?

[Image: giphy.gif]
The Oka Compendium
: A glorified record of my alt-a-holic-ism. May or may not be up to date at any given point.
05-04-2017 01:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Ciar Offline
Always Sleepy

Yes, the Glast Heim, Sign Quest, and current story arc Dark Lord are one and the same. There were elements from the terrible anime that were shamelessly borrowed for this story arc as well, mainly the mirror. :x

[Image: UAx69ij.png]
05-04-2017 01:34 PM
The Midgard Times Offline
Best-Selling Newspaper

The Chronicle of Heroes ~ The Darkness of Eternity

In an unfamiliar world, a familiar fiend met up with an ally of sorts. They endured the howling winds of the wasteland and spoke of recent events under the bleak sky.

"You're as free as I am now. What became of your dreams of escaping this wretched place?" The fiend asked his ally.

"I've told you before... I prefer to wait for the right time. You've gone again and made a spectacle of power, and now they're rallying against you." The ally chuckled wryly.

"I require your assistance in future battles." The chagrined visitor interrupted, in an attempt to save himself from further humiliation.

"Hmm..." The ally seemed to consider it, but what he really thought was anyone's guess. He uttered a simple, yet dismissive "No" quickly after.

Evidently upset, the fiend would have none of it. "Your hopes of escaping into Midgard will be shattered along with the mirror if the humans succeed!"

"I will not risk my own safety to satisfy your love for conquest. If you fall, I'll do what I can for you, but keep in mind whatever happens is your own doing. No one else's." Having said that, the so-called ally vanished, leaving Dark Lord alone to take out his frustration out on the landscape.

See here for a bit of reference regarding this story bit.

<><><><><>

The final chapter in the Of Fiends and Shadows story arc will take place on Saturday, May 13th, at 8:00 PM EST. There will be several parts to the event (About three or four), of which only the first two will be explained here. There's extra content to each part which will be revealed at the time of the event.

The first part will involve a small puzzle in the chamber leading to the area Dark Lord resides in.

The second part is a battle with Dark Lord. General info analyzed by the warriors from the first fight can be found below.

Liberated Dark Lord
25,000,000 HP
40 DEF
40 MDEF
Ghost 2 Property, Demon Race, Large Size

Attack Range: 3
Spell Range: 10
Sight Range: 30
Movement Speed: 100 (Equivalent to Peco Rider with Increase Agility)

Attack: 5,000 ~ 10,000
Magic Attack: 720~1,254
Hit: 198 (273 flee is required for 95% flee rate)
Flee: 158 (178 hit is required for 100% hit rate)
Attack Speed: ????

30 STR
60 AGI
30 VIT
165 INT
100 DEX
13 LUK

Known Skills:
Undead Property Attack
Break Helm
Napalm Vulcan
Meteor Storm
Dark Jupitel Thunder
Hell Judgement
Hell Inferno
Soul Expansion
Vampire Gift
Quagmire
Wide Silence
Wide Bleeding
Evil Land
Ganbantein
Comet
Other skills may be used

The Dark Lord MVP summons look and behave like the regular Dark Lord MVP, with 720,000 HP, and use mainly Dark Soul Strike, Fire Bolt and Meteor Storm. Their ASPD was increased to avoid their usual animation issue, and their attack was lowered from the regular MVP's original one to compensate.

Note: This thread may be edited without notice to add or remove information from the list above.

[Image: image,The-spc-Midgard-spc-Times,white,black.png]
05-06-2017 09:59 PM
hongphooey Offline

Calling all snipers with immaterial arrows :3 Looks pretty tough.

Charles Schwab - Whitesmith
Aeko - High Priest
Kuguro - Champion
EternuL - Rogue
-EternuL- Sniper
05-09-2017 11:38 AM
The Roger Offline
RNGOD PRAISER #1

Imma going to tank it :3

Album Collection:
[img]WIP[img]
and counting

CLICK HERE HeRO Videos!

[Image: image,RNGod,white,black.png]
[Image: NYD-ONESHOT-7-85-M-damage.png]
[Image: Screenshot-20190605-030429.jpg]
05-09-2017 11:41 AM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

Tanks will need bathory armor as I cannot imagine Liberated Dark Lord to not have any skills the regular Dark Lord has, which most likely puts Coma (Dark Blessing) under the "Other skills may be used" section. Sneaky Ciar...

I will attend with FS HP on this one. I only have 45% demon resist though since I don't have backpack combo and the demon V4P.

People who fought him once already: did his summons use map wide meteor storm or regular lv 10 ones?

I think snipers or ranged attackers are better off bringing some fire resistance to survive meteor storm/comet. Spell damage seems to cap out at only 7k dmg before reduction, but then again maybe Liberated Dark Lord will use a level of Comet higher than normally allowed... I still think it's better off tanking the spells, and have pneuma up at all times to block the 10k x (whatever level) of Hell's Judgment that the Liberated Dark Lord will use. Pneuma seems better than LP on this one. Then again it really depends how many slaves he got, and if all the slaves will spam meteor storm at the same time or not...

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
05-09-2017 01:09 PM
The Roger Offline
RNGOD PRAISER #1

Put down a LP for me to stand on and i'll tank it all day;
Steel Body
Assumptio
FCP
Love Bear Hat combo
Evil Holy Robe
Valk shield Khalitzburg/Alice
Deviling garment
Fireproof Potion
100 vit

I should even survive for the time to recast Steel Body... or at least i hope.
Im not yet sure if use Eyes of Dullahans, G.Rings, or 1 RoR + one of the other two... The main problem are: if the RoR spams too many skills when SBs ending i can t recast it quickly enough and RoR's Tarort could potentially teleport the mvp... So maybe its better if a HP cares about my healing and buffs XD
PS: maybe i wont need LP at all XD

Album Collection:
[img]WIP[img]
and counting

CLICK HERE HeRO Videos!

[Image: Screenshot-20190605-030429.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 05-09-2017 01:43 PM by The Roger.)
05-09-2017 01:41 PM
GM-Ciar Offline
Always Sleepy

Namine Wrote:better off bringing some fire resistance to survive meteor storm/comet.

Comet is a Neutral Property Spell. It causes damage depending on the distance to the spell's epicenter. Anyone within a 7x7 area will take 5000% MATK damage, -500% for every 4 cells past 7x7.

The skill can also cause the burning status, which according to iRO wiki, deals fixed damage every 3 seconds (1000 + 3%*MaxHP), and also reduces MDEF by 25%.

Namine Wrote:People who fought him once already: did his summons use map wide meteor storm or regular lv 10 ones?

When Dark Lord's HP fell under a certain amount, they started using Lv 10 with the epicenter targeted on any cell within a 9x9 area around them.

[Image: UAx69ij.png]
05-09-2017 01:48 PM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

Well neutral one can't do much about it, so I was referring to meteor storm and hell inferno. Burning with our pre-renewal stuff, we can't do much about it but to tank it raw unless that's also reduced by vit.

Random lv 10 meteor storm is technically dodge-able so Icon_smile

I guess the LP vs Pneuma argument really depends on the level of HJ. I just find 1254 matk to be rather meh for most part except for Comet, in which case if RNG is against us to do 5000%, most people will die no matter what anyway.

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
05-09-2017 02:48 PM
The Roger Offline
RNGOD PRAISER #1

Then i want to stand on LP just to avoid that nasty Burning Status mostly =P

Album Collection:
[img]WIP[img]
and counting

CLICK HERE HeRO Videos!