Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Chronicle of Heroes ~ Of Fiends and Shadows
The Midgard Times Offline
Best-Selling Newspaper

Mysterious Mirrors, Caliginous Camisade

During an exclusive interview with Pixie today at Kaldheim in the Lutie region, she revealed a bit of info she learned about the mysterious Mirror Fragment stolen from the castle recently by Ostellos.

According to the results of the investigation she had ordered, the Mirror Fragment was originally in Mystra's Castle. The ex-War Chief of the Fairies, the now deceased Amdusias, took it to Fairyland after the siege of the castle, and had it stored in the deepest part of the fairies' treasure vaults. The use of the stolen artefact remains unknown. Upon their release after being detained, Dark Allegiance Councilmen Melot and Rajnish refused to answer questions from the media. They only commented that they were working with the authorities to find Ostellos as soon as possible. The Dark Allegiance's press secretary informed us Tiamat and Ciar were taking a well-deserved vacation in Malaya Port, and would be unavailable for the following weeks.

<><><><><>

Somewhere in an undisclosed location...

Opening his eyes slowly, a gunslinger found himself chained to a metal chair. The room was dimly lit by a lamp dangling from the ceiling, and the only sound the man could hear was the clinking of the chains that bound him. After a few seconds of struggling to break free, a figure walked into the room. "He's awake." The woman announced to someone else.

Another figure, male, walked in shortly after. "Well, well... What have we here. One of Ostellos' brothers'-in-arms." The man very smugly pointed out. Approaching closer, the light revealed their identities to the man. Tiamat and Ciar, not on vacation at all. "Let's make it easy for you." began the woman, patting the prisoner on the head as she walked around him. "Answer our questions, and no harm will come to you." Her voice was surprisingly menacing. "Where is Ostellos?"

"Go to hell!" the gunslinger exclaimed, trying to slip out of his chains.

"I expected you wouldn't talk. You were in Rajnish's troops, after all." The scholar explained, as he approached the man. "He probably wouldn't shut up about how we were just weak pacifists..." Ciar stopped, as he stood behind the prisoner, who couldn't turn back to look at him. The scholar put his hands on the chair as he leaned in to whisper. "You fear Ostellos more than you fear us... But we can be cruel when we want to."

A sudden jolt of lightning passed from the scholar's hands to the metal chair, shocking the gunslinger for a few seconds. The man let out a loud gasp, but tried to keep calm.

"I'm... not talking." He said, before being shocked once again, this time for several excruciating seconds.

"He needs to get wet." She told Ciar, motioning him to return to her.

The scholar reached into his pockets for a yellow stone, waving his other hand in the air as if he was grabbing something. The moisture from the air began to condense, precipitating to the floor as commanded.

The gunslinger struggled futilely, trying to break free. Tiamat stood in the puddle of water and raised both of her hands to waist level. "You know what's about to happen with the waterworks, so I'll ask again. Where is Ostellos?" She asked, the water hovering upwards slowly.

In response to the silence of the prisoner, Ciar took off his scarf, forcefully tied it around the prisoner's face, and inclined his head at 20 degrees. Tiamat violently sent the water swirling around her toward the prisoner. The man began to gag and choke. After the stream of water subsided, Ciar spoke again. "I'm sorry. I couldn't quite hear you. What are Ostellos' plans?"

The gunslinger simply coughed, squirmed and struggled against his restraints. No response. Ciar sighed and placed his hands on the man's head. Sparks flew. The man shook and yelled violently, before becoming unresponsive.

Ciar checked for a pulse. "...I guess we went too far with our playing." He commented, looking at Tiamat. The man was merely unconscious. For now at least

The woman shook her head. "I told you to never start with the head. They get fuzzy."

"We'll return later, then." The scholar replied. He put his arm around Tiamat, and the two nonchalantly walked out of the room. "I know how to distract you in the meanwhile.." Ciar muttered softly to the enchantress at his side.

<><><><><>

The next RP event will be happening sometime next week, keep your eyes peeled for updates!

[Image: image,The-spc-Midgard-spc-Times,white,black.png]
08-10-2016 07:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
30 Days - The Midgard Times - 05-11-2016, 02:22 PM
30 Days - The Midgard Times - 05-24-2016, 12:16 PM
Mystra's Castle - The Midgard Times - 07-10-2016, 12:14 PM
Fragments of Shadows - The Midgard Times - 07-21-2016, 08:09 PM
Blast from the Past - The Midgard Times - 07-29-2016, 12:44 AM
Mysterious Mirrors, Caliginous Camisade - The Midgard Times - 08-10-2016 07:33 PM
Siege at the Mountain - The Midgard Times - 08-19-2016, 12:05 AM
Fuel to the Fire - The Midgard Times - 08-23-2016, 02:41 PM
Bound By Fate - The Midgard Times - 09-15-2016, 06:10 PM
Furtive Action - The Midgard Times - 10-06-2016, 11:16 AM
Unlikely Allies - The Midgard Times - 10-15-2016, 02:20 PM
Halloween Consequences - The Midgard Times - 11-17-2016, 06:40 PM
Fear In Disguise - The Midgard Times - 11-19-2016, 11:22 AM
All The Snooping - The Midgard Times - 11-22-2016, 01:36 PM
Three of Four - The Midgard Times - 11-27-2016, 11:11 PM
Midgard News Update - The Midgard Times - 01-22-2017, 04:42 PM
Siege of Lutia - The Midgard Times - 04-03-2017, 07:08 PM