Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Chronicle of Heroes ~ Of Fiends and Shadows
The Midgard Times Offline
Best-Selling Newspaper

All The Treason, All The Plot

It was confirmed today that security around Rachel Sanctuary was increased, due to information received that an attack by Eudoxie and Ostellos would likely be happening sometime during the week.

Whether or not a mysterious mirror fragment is located somewhere within the Holy Grounds has not been acknowledged by the authorities, but our sources indicate there has been one in Arunafeltz for generations, stored away with the rest of Cheshrummir's treasures.

The origins, properties and use of the mirror fragments Eudoxie and Ostellos seek are currently unknown, with even the wisest of scholars still researching. Currently, only two have surfaced so far, one having been within Mystra's Castle and later taken to Fairyland, and the other having been using inside the Pyramids long after it was built to channel the magical energies of the structure. However, with no fragments to study, it seems any new information regarding them will remain a mystery for now.

<><><><><>

"Have you seen this!?" Lord Matthew furiously shouted, throwing a rolled up newspaper for Ostellos to catch.

Upon reading the news from the Midgard Times, the professor shook his head in disappointment. "She won't be happy to hear this..." He said, as Eudoxie walked toward them.

"What now?" The dark conjurer asked, taking the newspaper from Ostellos. Her bitter expression changed to a hell raising scowl after reading the first few sentences. Shortly after, an ear-splitting scream of rage pierced the air, followed by several trees and bushes bursting into flames. Not even a wandering baby leopard was spared from the inferno.

"I told you something was amiss!!" She shouted at the two following her.

"We'll weed out the traitors, just stay calm. We don't want to attract any attention." Ostellos murmured, trying to assuage her rage.

"Any idea as to who it might be?" Lord Matthew asked, trailing behind them. Eudoxie shook her head.

Ostellos abruptly stopped for a second. "That girl... The ruthless one. What was her name?" He asked, apparently having an ephiphany.

"Reilinn?" Eudoxie answered, with a non committal tone.

The scholar shook his head rapidly, trying to remember. "No! The one Matthew saw when we were planning the infiltration on Rachel Sanctuary!"

"Nila?" Matthew answered.

Ostellos snapped his fingers and pointed at the lord knight. "Yes!"

"She follows me around like a puppy, trying to be the best soldier each time." Eudoxie commented, nostrils flaring.

"It is suspicious that we catch her snooping around while we're planning, and all of a sudden this information reaches the authorities." The crimson knight gave his own opinion. "Right?"

"No one else knew but the three of us." The scholar reminded his peers.

"Makes sense if you add in the fact that she's being such a try-hard at getting you to notice her, like you say..." Matthew added.

"I'm gonna kill her. I'm gonna kill everyone she's ever associated with!!" Eudoxie shouted violently, resuming her walk towards the area her forces were stationed at.

"Woah, there." The Lord Knight exclaimed, standing in her way. "You can't just kill our troops just because they know her." He commented, trying to make her see reason again.

"I'll find the traitor..." Ostellos walked away by himself. "Start thinking up new plans. We can't just sneak into the sanctuary now."

"I'm going to amass all the forces I can find. Abendroth, Midnight, the werewolves. We'll take no prisoners."

After some vengeful planning, Eudoxie had settled down, and Ostellos had returned, with Nila willingly walking with him. "I was told you wanted to see me?" The female ninja asked, blissfully unaware of the situation.

"May I do the honors?" Matthew murmured into Eudoxie's ear.

"Fine." She quietly snapped back. "Just hurry."

The crimson lord knight walked toward the young woman. "You're being rewarded for your loyalty and passionate servitude to Eudoxie and Ostellos." He unassumingly answered. Ostellos stood beside the smiling Nila, congratulating her efforts with a pat on the back.

In the span of a second or two, Lord Matthew unsheathed his blade and drove it straight through Nila's abdomen. "Your treason ends here." The knight's voice sounded grim and harsh.

Nila looked up to Matthew with an expression of both pain and surprise. She struggled to utter a few last words. "B-but, I--" The impaled woman could only say, before the knight grabbed her by the neck. With the blade out of her body, the ninja was thrown against the ground.

Eudoxie approached the dying woman and crouched in front of her. "I once had a loyal follower." She began. "Adam. He was loyal, relentless, and a strong believer of our cause." The conjurer sighed cheerfully. "But he had a secret. One he couldn't hide forever." She caressed the woman's face with the back of her hand. "He was feeding Mystra information."

The ninja was barely conscious by now. "We returned him to Melot and Mystra in a big box." Mystra told her victim, as she watched the light fade from her eyes. "So don't worry, your allies will soon join you in death."

<><><><><>

Bump, the event is tomorrow at 9:00 PM EST, come prepared!

- Heroes will be stationed at Rachel and must split however they want to protect the 3 main entrances to the city.

- If any monster reaches the fountain, the objective changes and the heroes must avoid monsters reaching the sanctuary entrance north of Rachel.

- Heroes will continue to retreat upon the monsters' arrival of a checkpoint, until they reach the entrance to the Pope's room!

The rest... will be explained during the event!

[Image: image,The-spc-Midgard-spc-Times,white,black.png]
11-27-2016 12:27 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
30 Days - The Midgard Times - 05-11-2016, 02:22 PM
30 Days - The Midgard Times - 05-24-2016, 12:16 PM
Mystra's Castle - The Midgard Times - 07-10-2016, 12:14 PM
Fragments of Shadows - The Midgard Times - 07-21-2016, 08:09 PM
Blast from the Past - The Midgard Times - 07-29-2016, 12:44 AM
Siege at the Mountain - The Midgard Times - 08-19-2016, 12:05 AM
Fuel to the Fire - The Midgard Times - 08-23-2016, 02:41 PM
Bound By Fate - The Midgard Times - 09-15-2016, 06:10 PM