Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Chronicle of Heroes ~ Of Fiends and Shadows
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

RE: The Chronicle of Heroes ~ Of Fiends and Shadows

Ezekiel's hands shook in frustration at his sides upon hearing the final lines of his next mission from King Ernst. The king seemed to speak with an affable tone, explaining the current situation in Geffen, recapping what happened in Lutia a few weeks ago. It droned on, but never did the king's diplomatic voice waver. Ernst's polite demeanor would fool many, but it wouldn't break Ezekiel. One couldn't trust someone acting so kindly, people like him took advantage of weakness the moment an opportunity presented itself. Ezekiel...he knew this too well, as the true man underneath the masks he wore bore a soul that desired a more compassionate world than the one he was born into. The built up paranoia he experienced with others had often saved him from hurt and broken promises, but it also robbed him of potentially good relationships too. The cost so far had seemed worth it. But Ezekiel was beginning to have his doubts about his current judgements of the King, perhaps they required revision.

"...So, you understand why you need to go meet with the mayor of Geffen, right? Only nobles were contacted for this particular mission. We have strong reasons to believe Eudoxie and Ostellos grow bolder, and are trying to amass further forces through backhanded methods."

The master rogue's head shook in protest, "I do not like it one bit. But it is already implied you are not interested in my opinion, only that I follow through on our agreed upon contract. I am to perform like a loyal, well-paid mercenary til Eudoxie and Ostellos are subdued."

Ernst frowned from his chair in the office, and then added, "As long as you act carefully nobody will discover you're both nobleman and rogue. I've ordered you to go on this mission because you can be trusted. You'll be given quite a bit of leeway just like the others when you go to represent Rune Midgard. You did well with the fae, I'm sure dealing with the orcs will seem like simple by comparison."

"Then I am but one nobleman serving his liege and country. And since you will give me the freedom to act as I please on this mission..." Ezekiel's voice trailed off.

Ernst looked firmly at Ezekiel, "...You'll do your best I assume?"

With a huff, the Rogue, after considering the situation, decided to prepare himself mentally for the coming days. Ezekiel bowed deeply, "Do not worry, King Ernst, I, Fazil Reis, will represent Rune-Midgard properly on this mission, and get to the bottom of this precarious situation involving the orcs."

A smile crossed the king's face, with a wave he began to wind down the conversation, "Thank you, for your trouble, please, stay here at the castle the next few days. If you should need anything before your departure, do not hesitate to ask the servants around for assistance."

Ezekiel bowed again, he understood too well it was a perfect chance to practice putting on a facade that he hadn't worn in over almost four years.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
04-16-2017 07:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
30 Days - The Midgard Times - 05-11-2016, 02:22 PM
30 Days - The Midgard Times - 05-24-2016, 12:16 PM
Mystra's Castle - The Midgard Times - 07-10-2016, 12:14 PM
Fragments of Shadows - The Midgard Times - 07-21-2016, 08:09 PM
Blast from the Past - The Midgard Times - 07-29-2016, 12:44 AM
Siege at the Mountain - The Midgard Times - 08-19-2016, 12:05 AM
Fuel to the Fire - The Midgard Times - 08-23-2016, 02:41 PM
Bound By Fate - The Midgard Times - 09-15-2016, 06:10 PM
Furtive Action - The Midgard Times - 10-06-2016, 11:16 AM
Unlikely Allies - The Midgard Times - 10-15-2016, 02:20 PM
Halloween Consequences - The Midgard Times - 11-17-2016, 06:40 PM
Fear In Disguise - The Midgard Times - 11-19-2016, 11:22 AM
All The Snooping - The Midgard Times - 11-22-2016, 01:36 PM
Three of Four - The Midgard Times - 11-27-2016, 11:11 PM
Midgard News Update - The Midgard Times - 01-22-2017, 04:42 PM
Siege of Lutia - The Midgard Times - 04-03-2017, 07:08 PM
RE: The Chronicle of Heroes ~ Of Fiends and Shadows - Aaronock - 04-16-2017 07:41 PM