Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Solo Knight Mobbing Video: Bathories
sheam Offline
Final Universal Love

Solo Knight Mobbing Video: Bathories

Heya, bark! w00f here. I have a video to share about vit knights soloing to farm materials and exp. =) Check it out if you'd like to know more.

Knight Mobbing Video: Bathories

There are a few variations that will make this setup more efficient. Such as having a racial shield and using a valk mant for the reflect damage. You can also use a Tormented Soul to bypass all gear switching, but you won't get the extra benefits of item drop gear. Also, using a mid headgear that gives item drop (such as quiver from vote4points custom) will grant more rewards.

Stats:

92 str
90 vit
49 dex

This is the stat goal for 99, but this can be done at lower levels around 80+. Just make sure you have 92 base str and 30 dex, put the rest in vit. More vit = less curse / mute. If you want to do this much early with lower vit, bring Holy Water and Green Potions.

Skills:

10 Bowling Bash
5 Spear Boomerang
Peco Peco Riding
5 Calvary Mastery
(These are the essential, the rest is optional.)

Items:

If no Peco Peco Headband, use Authoritative Badge. If no badges, use Agility Up Scroll. If no scrolls, go kill sohees for badges.

On peco peco with 92 base str you get enough weight to carry 2500 fish. Adjust according to your str / weight limit.

Bring about 40 fly wings.

You will need 1 key of underground each time you visit. You can find the npc to transfer you here by going:

Enter clock tower from alde > enter level 2 where clocks spawn and go to bottom left portal > npc is located at the bottom of the maze to the left of the portal.

Gear:

SP generator: Moonlight Dagger or Tormented Soul
Damage Reflection: Valk Mant, Tormented Soul, High Orc shield.
Kill Weapon: %Demi Human, %Shadow, BG weapon
Armor: Bathory Carded Armor. (Ask me if you need any.. =3)
Garment: Raydric / Some Neutral% Reduction
Shoes: %Hp
Accessory: Yo Yo is recommended, perfect dodge will reduce fish cost.
Shield: High Orc if you need a reflector otherwise use Racial. (demihuman)
(This post was last modified: 03-17-2016 01:06 PM by sheam.)
03-17-2016 12:53 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Menace651 Offline

RE: Solo Knight Mobbing Video: Bathories

Earth/Sky Deleter carded ToH or Zodiac wings are pretty awesome for sp/hp regen too. Just swap them with bathory armor when low on sp/hp kill 3-4 mobs and bathory back on. Saves on having to carry a bunch of consumables.

For trans i like the valk shield + long horn combo. The perma holy property from long horn lets you kill those pesky whispers.

Just @who2 Menace ingame. You should find me if I'm on. thanks!
03-17-2016 05:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
sheam Offline
Final Universal Love

Ohhh Azar! xD!

What a coincidence. =)

Welcome to heRO and Radical Dreamers. We're glad you could join us.

Like menace pointed out, if you study that nifty heRO wiki, you'll find some Wing headgears that give whats called a "Double-Wing Effect." To summarize, it lets you put an armor or headgear card in it and duplicates its effect. So getting a sky deleter card would give you 20 sp per kill and is a great SP generator. =) Earth deleter also is not bad for hp.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask in guild or #main. There's lots of helpful people here; especially in Al De Baren.
03-21-2016 12:59 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

Noticed you got frozen a lot in the video. Evil Druid is a nice armor for solo-ists because it can prevent freeze and stone, and also, like the bathory card, prevents that Health draining thing the bathories sometimes do. The only downside is you're undead prop, meaning fire, holy, and ghost props do more damage to you. I remember trying to BB mob bathories on my stalker with Evil Druid on, with a whisper garment on (common +flee garment, but increases damage taken from ghost prop), And the Joker's Soul Strike almost one shot it <_>;; (soul strike also has + bonus damage to undead too)

It's generally a bad armor for party play since it prevents ressurection from working, and priests cannot heal you. But it's amazing for solo and pvp.

[Image: giphy.gif]
The Oka Compendium
: A glorified record of my alt-a-holic-ism. May or may not be up to date at any given point.
(This post was last modified: 04-07-2016 02:41 PM by The Legendary Joe.)
04-07-2016 02:29 PM
sheam Offline
Final Universal Love

I genuinely never considered that actually, espe Wow. o_o Evil druid makes toats sense as the leech is shadow property+freeze prevent. Wow joe. The way you analyze the pros/cons.. Including reasons for not commonly being in meta due to party issues with rez, comprehension of overlooked skill mechanics to provide explanation if someone reacts WTF BBQ for Soul Strike damage! xD This all helps someone more accurately consider the value when weighing those options. The meta has always been bathory.. Because bathory is cheap. This that you present, however, is Optimal.

Actually. I'm going to try and get both ED Cards now, and see if I can get a higher yield than 1k per hour and just skip on the Bee Wings.

That is, I'm going to do default Evil Druid and Earth Deleter on Kill. And default Spear. =D Once I get lvl 10 bb on my LK though. xD I'll see how it goes, thanks both of you, a lot! =)
04-08-2016 06:19 PM
Raging Alt-a-holic

hmm, Doesn't Earth Deleter eat up your MP when you un-equip it? My characters usually wear ED a lot nowadays, and it makes Snowier clips amazing to wear when farming for that sweet sweet ice cream.

The Oka Compendium
: A glorified record of my alt-a-holic-ism. May or may not be up to date at any given point.
04-09-2016 01:39 AM
sheam Offline
Final Universal Love

@Earth Deleter
Yeah I totally spaced out on that. And actually, I'm going back to the drawing board for LK. Bezerk adds an entirely new element to the mix, and I'm 99.99% sure I'm on to something in terms of generating a higher WSS yield per hour vs Bowling Bash

@Ice Cream
I've done the math in the past. Did you know? The Weight to HP Recovery rate for ice cream and fresh fish are 100% Equal. However. It comes down to cost and equip restrictions. If you're interested in the math, I'll redo it but, basically:

2000 (4k weight) Fresh Fish = 380k and two accessory / armor slots free. [Removed by GM-Ciar]

500 (4k weight) Icecream = 57k, but requires two accessory and an armor slot. [Removed by GM-Ciar]

[Removed by GM-Ciar]
(This post was last modified: 04-17-2016 10:24 PM by sheam.)
04-17-2016 10:18 PM
sheam Offline
Final Universal Love

Sorry for the double post. I'll keep it to a minimum.

I'll admit though. By concluding this, it can also be said that Ice Cream without the accessories is the same as Fresh Fish in hp recovery. 2000 = 500. When reevaluating.. 2000 Fresh Fish is usually for 1 hour worth of play, depending on circumstances. This means if I were to get an Evil Druid armor.. I could at least exploit the reduce in cost. This means hm.. Assess the value of an Evil Druid and divide by the cost saved from switching to Ice Cream while considering cost vs what Bee Wings generates in value .. Hm. Well I know after about 100 hours, I'd start to generate additional value from what I'd save by using Ice Cream vs the cost of an Evil Druid Card alone. Haha Ok. I could go on forever but I'll stop there. Just writing out my thoughts as they come to me.

A. Needing an evil druid anyways as a part of essential dynamic gearing.
B. Thinking in a solo mindset.
C. Expanding thought away from hp recovery/weight and making it hp recovery/weight/zenny.

This is actually a very good resource too btw.

http://irowiki.org/wiki/Healing_Items
(This post was last modified: 04-21-2016 12:35 PM by sheam.)
04-21-2016 04:09 AM
Raging Alt-a-holic

Well, the point I was making is, while fresh fish are a nice option, Snowier cards make ice cream DROP like crazy, so you really don't need to carry as many, you get more as you kill stuff. So as you were saying, Ice cream without snowiers is the same as fresh fish, then getting 1-snowier card is nice.

Completely different location, but when I mobbed High Orcs as a non-trans knight, I went in with like 50 ice cream, 1 Snowier accessory mob trained like 2 k orcs and ended up with something around 250 ice creams (after using a lot of the ones that drop too)

The Oka Compendium
04-21-2016 12:03 PM
sheam Offline
Final Universal Love

Upgrade Coming.. Soon.

Edit: This is something I really wanted to finish. its what I wanted to get done before I just left in a better way. just. I'm not going fuss to be any worse than it played out. but. i did regret this.
(This post was last modified: 01-16-2017 04:08 AM by sheam.)
12-06-2016 09:38 PM