Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
longer soul link time
illbeatinu Offline

longer soul link time

post your thoughts on this. i personnally want much longer link time a couple minutes isnt useable with current population, i want links to last an hour plus soo they can benifit solo players lvling and what a soul link npc?
03-26-2016 02:13 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Azar Offline

RE: longer soul link time

An hour or more?
03-26-2016 09:42 AM
Menace651 Offline

(03-26-2016 09:42 AM)Azar Wrote:  An hour or more?

An hour would be pushing it. I'd say 30 minutes would be more fair. I've also suggested soul link scrolls in the past or a soul link npc in town that can be used as a zeny dump.

A Soul Link buff timer would be nice too!

Just @who2 Menace ingame. You should find me if I'm on. thanks!
(This post was last modified: 03-26-2016 11:13 AM by Menace651.)
03-26-2016 11:10 AM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

I would support this, I don't get enough use out of Soul Linked Holy light, however I feel these changes might hurt party play for the people who play linkers with these skills. Pretty much turning their Buffbot archetype to a pure esma thingamabob.

I had a lot of fun in the past duo-ing Atroce's with Linked holy light and esma spams, just throwing in pop-shots to distract that big bad wolf and keep him from actually reaching anyone.

I think if scrolls are implemented, they should be crafted by a Soul linker and be unable to be used in PVP, or woe-times.

And If it's a scroll buff, could make it a 3 minute thing like the Elemental Endow scrolls. I think 10 minutes is fair at max if the skills do get buffed.

I don't think an NPC that gives these links should be implemented, as there are so many other buffs that should be put in place if this is implemented. Bless and agi, assumptio (GM's have said no to these in the past, but we have gotten Agi and bless scrolls), Endows and/or Asperio. Hell, why not have the NPC buff you with Benedicto Sanctissimi Sacramenti so you can get that Holy property enchant on your marc armor.

[Image: giphy.gif]
The Oka Compendium
: A glorified record of my alt-a-holic-ism. May or may not be up to date at any given point.
03-26-2016 03:25 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

I've said it before and I will say it again, I do not support Soul Link Scrolls, nor an NPC that casts the skill on others. It would vastly warp gameplay if certain classes could simply buff themselves with the scrolls solo. It also has affect on SL's usefulness in many parties and would de-value their usefulness, which is terribly unfair to the class.

Personally wish Agi/Bless scrolls didn't exist in the quantities it does as well, those should have remained only in Veteran Rewards, and not a reward option from War Points.

I realize that the latter opinion is one that probably only a minority would hold on this server. But at least HP can often offer other buffs and skills that make them still desirable to party. Most parties won't feel the same about SL.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
03-26-2016 05:18 PM
illbeatinu Offline

I havent been around so idk the current poplation. But when i posted this it was when the count was really low and it was really hard to get parties going. So i thought that it would be useful so we can enjoy those buffs still.
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2021 11:56 AM by illbeatinu.)
06-06-2021 11:54 AM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

We have no plans to change that even in 2021, as we are not interested for even more solo-buff via buyshop as is.

06-06-2021 05:42 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
illbeatinu Offline

Noooooo if gms are against it then theres good reason
06-08-2021 10:48 PM