Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Toggle pet talk
Xaphanea Offline
Xaph

Toggle pet talk

Maybe a way to stop the pet from spamming.

Once it's loyal, it can really get on my nerves, it keeps spamming. When you died and respawned, it starts spamming like a psycho, and also when you're low on HP. Or whenever he feels like it, it never stops.

Maybe a command like /pettalk off /pettalk on or something?

Xaphane - Lady Knight | Xaphea - Gypsy | Xapha - Sinx | Xaphanea - HP | Xaphora - HW | Xaphril - Champ
Xaphana - Sniper | Xaphanae - Priest | Xaphelle - Sage | Xaphica - Alch | Xaphym - Linker
03-29-2016 10:24 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

RE: Toggle pet talk

Pets do spaz out far more now when you're on low health or dead. It use to comment, but maybe only with one or two lines. Now it goes at you and spams your chat box.

If something could be done to return it to the older way it use to be, I'm down with this. If not, I understand.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
03-29-2016 10:56 AM
Sen Offline
Arcana Gala

Yes actually I got on topic on this with someone like a week ago.
I thought there was a way to turn it off, but apparently since it's treated as user talk it still shows.

I understand if it doesn't get removed since technically you can talk through pet etc, but still.. really annoying. Especially on parties where you kinda have to rely on people chatting to know what they need, and then you miss what they say because pet spammed (happened too many times already).

I'm down.

[Image: c6wglkt.gif]
Arcana Gala : thread &tumblr
Send me a pm!

03-29-2016 12:28 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Summerstream Offline
Yggdrasil Scholar

Well in a party I made a chat tab for that, but yeah, this actually gets annoying after a bit. The best way to avert this is usually to keep it at Cordial, but if you're doing stuff with the pet you'll want to keep it fed. =/

Also down for there being a way to tell the pets to shove a sock in it.

...Except Cream.

Because he eats everything.

[Image: .gif]
Test & Dev | Wiki
The taste of our wine is as divine as the stars
Summerstream | Amelia Newman
Ithilethiel | Aquaris Harmoni
.Pavan. | Sheena Archer
~Saya~ | +Aurora+
Wine Brewing Society
03-29-2016 01:14 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

(03-29-2016 01:14 PM)Summerstream Wrote:  Well in a party I made a chat tab for that, but yeah, this actually gets annoying after a bit. The best way to avert this is usually to keep it at Cordial, but if you're doing stuff with the pet you'll want to keep it fed. =/

Also down for there being a way to tell the pets to shove a sock in it.

...Except Cream.

Because he eats everything.

Cream the Drops will always digest his food...eventually in that gelatinous body of his.

But he definitely use to know better about when to shut his trap about how much I'm bleeding when I'm low on health. But it seems there is some sort of affliction on all pets these days about talking. They never can seem to do enough of it.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
03-29-2016 01:17 PM
Sen Offline
Arcana Gala

Yeah someone told me to de-loyal it by... killing it or not feeding but??? I can't??? do that????
I'm too good for this tbh.

Also that chat tab? There was an option for pet talk? I did try to find a way by making a new chat tab but I couldn't get around it. I just really don't know lol.

Send me a pm!

03-29-2016 01:53 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Summerstream Offline
Yggdrasil Scholar

Well, for the chat tab, the pet speech is counted as General. I set up a tab for only party chat ;o

[Image: .gif]
Test & Dev | Wiki
The taste of our wine is as divine as the stars
Summerstream | Amelia Newman
Ithilethiel | Aquaris Harmoni
.Pavan. | Sheena Archer
~Saya~ | +Aurora+
Wine Brewing Society
03-29-2016 03:27 PM
Xaphanea Offline
Xaph

I'm hunting on my sinx a lot and I like to take my Smokie with me but he won't shut his pie hole. I regret naming him after my partner now huehue... it was funny for a moment, but they both just won't stop the ble ble ble.

Xaphane - Lady Knight | Xaphea - Gypsy | Xapha - Sinx | Xaphanea - HP | Xaphora - HW | Xaphril - Champ
Xaphana - Sniper | Xaphanae - Priest | Xaphelle - Sage | Xaphica - Alch | Xaphym - Linker
03-29-2016 07:23 PM
Sen Offline
Arcana Gala

(03-29-2016 03:27 PM)Summerstream Wrote:  Well, for the chat tab, the pet speech is counted as General. I set up a tab for only party chat ;o

Thanks! At least that problem is solved...

Send me a pm!

03-30-2016 01:32 AM
GM-Garr Offline
Local friendly code monkey

Hmm.

Now that you mention it, and after checking around a bit, I see that it is possible to *silence* pets in few ways:
1) Only your pet will display /! emoticon instead of talking ( this will be on everyone's screen, so you basically turn *your* pet's talk off )
2) All pets will display /! instead of talking (this will be only on your screen, but for every pet, not only yours)
3) Your pet will just stop talking ( affects only your pet for everyone )
4) All pets will stop talking ( affects only your screen for all pets around you )

So, since you're interested in that you'd have to discuss which way is preferred ( it's better to leave 1 option as I'm not sure how nicely they'd interact ), and what command should enable/disable this.

Note: /commands are not under my control, so @command is the only option for now.

Want to help HeRO with new content? Join the T&D Team!

For info on the server, check out the HeRO wiki.
To see your ingame account, visit the Control Panel.
If you encounter any problems, don't hesitate to submit a Support Ticket.

And don't forget:
Not all dragons are bad...
03-30-2016 02:36 AM