Poll: What do you think of restock system?
I need more lists!
Who needs so many lists?!
I want more items per list!
Who'd even want to refill that many items at once?!
Lists should be shared between characters on one account.
Lists should stay character-bound, as they are now.
I like the new system <3
Why'd you waste your time on something useless (...again)?
I found a bug..!
Restock system? Never heard of it...
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Restock System Poll
GM-Garr Offline
Local friendly code monkey

Restock System Poll

Please inform us of your experience with restock system, what you want to see added or removed.

I'd be grateful for your opinion explained in post. Thank you.

Want to help HeRO with new content? Join the T&D Team!

For info on the server, check out the HeRO wiki.
To see your ingame account, visit the Control Panel.
If you encounter any problems, don't hesitate to submit a Support Ticket.

And don't forget:
Not all dragons are bad...
07-04-2016 02:27 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Plant Away

RE: Restock System Poll

I'm in love with @restock so far.

It allows one to instantly withdraw all the items (except gears which is a downer) that you'd normally need without any hassle of manually withdrawing and searching. I don't many people realize this but it also allows you to withdraw items without any storage fees at all. We're talking about saving all those 20z or 500z from needing to reopen storage every single time just to restock on your arrows, fly wings, attack speed pots or to withdraw a single misc item you forgot. We're talking about not giving Kiyo his free 500 zenies.

One thing I would like to see added is the ability to use @restock + itemname instead of / in addition to @restock + itemID. This is mainly due to being someone who can't memorize the item ID's, I would have to use @ii every time and that makes creating specific lists for each character a long and tedious process.

I voted for adding more lists although I'm not even close to using up the number of list limit, but I'm sure I might keep adding more weird lists soon xD

Edit: Oh, and probably add a way to limit restocking to not go over a certain weight percentage or value, it that's possible.
(This post was last modified: 07-04-2016 07:21 AM by Plant.)
07-04-2016 07:19 AM
Summerstream Offline
Yggdrasil Scholar

Personally, I really like the system. If I set up my lists right, I'll be able to restock my chars with what they'll need.

What would be nice is having the trigger happen on the Cat Hand npcs, but that might need a quest variable check to see if you can even use storage in the first place. That, and the Kafra ladies inside the guild castles, but that's another variable check (in this case does guild= hired guild).

I agree with Mint in that we should ensure that people don't go over 90% as a hard cap on each character, but the players should be able to choose a soft cap (like 45 or 50% weight).

[Image: .gif]
Test & Dev | Wiki
The taste of our wine is as divine as the stars
Summerstream | Amelia Newman
Ithilethiel | Aquaris Harmoni
.Pavan. | Sheena Archer
~Saya~ | +Aurora+
Wine Brewing Society
07-04-2016 10:02 AM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

Hmm, this looks interesting, and I'll probably try it out on my crus if I can ever find a marc card for it's armor. As of now, I really pretty much do things the old fashioned way.

For aspd pots, I generally only carry like a max of 5. Flywings, it depends on how much I'll need for where I'm going, certain characters would hate having an over abundance of Fwings because they tend to weigh them down. I'm still a noob when it comes to healing items, but that's probably where Restock will shine. I just kinda need to restock storage before I can use it...

Right now I'm imagining restock horrors where if I have storage open, and deposit the Potions, Restock will take those pots right back out again. Damnit dude! I'm trying to put those away! But this is from someone who hasn't tried it yet.

At this point, I think @dumpinventory would be a tad more useful since if I have to come back to town to restock, I'm usually putting my fat loots away while I'm doing it.

[Image: giphy.gif]
The Oka Compendium
: A glorified record of my alt-a-holic-ism. May or may not be up to date at any given point.
(This post was last modified: 07-04-2016 02:32 PM by The Legendary Joe.)
07-04-2016 12:41 PM
Summerstream Offline
Yggdrasil Scholar

Actually I did a bit of testing last night with the system while I was doing the wiki page for it. You can store something when you are within 2 cells of the kafra and walk out without regrabbing the items automatically. It is only when you walk back into the trigger zone that you will pull the potions or items back out of storage.

[Image: .gif]
Test & Dev | Wiki
The taste of our wine is as divine as the stars
Summerstream | Amelia Newman
Ithilethiel | Aquaris Harmoni
.Pavan. | Sheena Archer
~Saya~ | +Aurora+
Wine Brewing Society
07-04-2016 01:05 PM
GM-Garr Offline

^
Or you can just turn off the system. Or don't close in on kafra. 2 cells range is there for a reason of not coming into it unless you want to. Sure, it can happen by accident, but not as often, as, say, 5 cells range.

... How do you imagine @dumpinventory working? If I catch the idea it might be there as part of restock.

And don't forget:
07-04-2016 04:43 PM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

Well lets just say you have inventory full of things, You walk up to an NPC like restock and the majority of the things in your etc tab will be automatically deposited. Could make exceptions for things like arrows, traps, gems, depending on another list you make.

Could be larger encompasing usable items, but I think the majority of things I usually dump in Storage is etc items.

[Image: giphy.gif]
The Oka Compendium
: A glorified record of my alt-a-holic-ism. May or may not be up to date at any given point.
07-04-2016 05:57 PM
sheam Offline
Final Universal Love

I feel that it greatly compliments the "heRO wants you to play with others in a party!" system.

Veteren members can easily show newer members how to set appropriate lists, and it can greatly reduce the downtime required for "setting up" in teamplay.

It also helps modernize the old client in various ways, but I'll spare the details. =3
07-04-2016 11:00 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Garr Offline

(07-04-2016 07:19 AM)minnntre Wrote:  One thing I would like to see added is the ability to use @restock + itemname instead of / in addition to @restock + itemID. This is mainly due to being someone who can't memorize the item ID's, I would have to use @ii every time and that makes creating specific lists for each character a long and tedious process.

The thing is, even @ii doesn't know which item *exactly* you want and can give you several options. And, to be honest, I don't see that working with restock. I could make it possible to add item with system (Aegis) name, but the thing is... you still would need to know it as it isn't always same with item name (Example: Santa Poring Card's Aegis name is Poring__Card). Which yet again brings us to usage of @ii.

And don't forget:
07-05-2016 03:22 AM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Eh, this isn't a feature I see myself using much, but then I don't mind just using the search feature for my storage, and pulling what I need when farming. I'm already very fast in getting what I need. The costs for opening storage are so negligible, I can continue to ignore them, and so can anyone new to the server.

There are other things I felt could be worked on instead of adding new @commands. I suppose on the flipside however, you can use it as an advertising feature.

Just my initial thoughts about the new @commands.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
07-05-2016 02:31 PM