Poll: What do you think of restock system?
I need more lists!
Who needs so many lists?!
I want more items per list!
Who'd even want to refill that many items at once?!
Lists should be shared between characters on one account.
Lists should stay character-bound, as they are now.
I like the new system <3
Why'd you waste your time on something useless (...again)?
I found a bug..!
Restock system? Never heard of it...
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Restock System Poll
yacsef Offline
Kappa

RE: Restock System Poll

Nice addition to the game! It is especially helpful for when you do PVP (BG) or WoE because of the item hoarding you have to do.

I do not play RO anymore so I do not exactly know how the feature is but here's a cool thing that I would've liked when I first saw this feature: allow the player, via an error message in the chat box, to know that a listed item was not retrieved (for example, because your storage is out of the said item or because you will exceed your weight limit).

Unfortunately, the most annoying part of using storage is for equipables, too bad the system doesn't support that. The dream would be something like that:
- Talk to Kafra and choose the restock chat line
- An empty box that has a similar look than the storage will pop alongside with the storage and will let you drag items from storage to the empty box. (Including specific equips, like an STR+3 ED D.Armor and not D. Armors, since I think they all share the same ID).
- The items you put in the empty box are the equivalent of the list function you created. However, I think restocking should not be done by walking close to Kafra when equipables are included, using a chat line with the Kafra would be more suitable.

I do not have any knowledge of scripting but this sure sounds more complicated. Garr seems to be a boss though, so I will just leave ''the dream'' as a suggestion.
07-05-2016 06:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Garr Offline
Local friendly code monkey

@Aaron
Thank you for your feedback. What kind of features would you like to be worked on more?
The thing is, most of the new recent @commands take up negligible time compared to, for instance, long quests/instances.

@yacsef
It already warns you when there's no more of said item in the storage via chat message.

Restock was thought of as a mean to, you know, quickly restock things that get used often. Fly wings, pots, scrolls, gems. Mainly for WoE/BG, to get ready asap. Over and over again. To be honest, using it for gears would be a bit of a waste, I'd say.
Maybe one day I'll learn enough of editing client-side that I'll be able to create new windows at will, but it wouldn't be today, sadly.

And that's a nice point. It can be converted to extra option/line in kafras. I'll consider it.

Want to help HeRO with new content? Join the T&D Team!

For info on the server, check out the HeRO wiki.
To see your ingame account, visit the Control Panel.
If you encounter any problems, don't hesitate to submit a Support Ticket.

And don't forget:
Not all dragons are bad...
07-07-2016 10:37 AM
hachigatsu30 Offline
Cheers!

I see Oka has made a few points about @command (or rather, @restock) being able to dump stuff from the inventory into storage. And seeing that @restock can actually have 5 different lists of items, I have a better suggestion (I think). I dunno how it would be possible to add though.

How about making it this way, for example:
If you recently just changed your used list, the system finds the items on your previous list in your inventory and dump them into storage. Then, the system draws back the items in your new list. If your new list has no item, it pulls nothing. At least, this way, the system doesn't have to find what you want to dump, just the items that is on your list.

Changing restock list without actually storing unused items makes it somewhat redundant...

If you've seen my previous signatures, then you'd probably already know who I am.
07-13-2016 08:34 AM
sheam Offline
Final Universal Love

Garr, I do apologize for not being around to thoroughly test this, but..

Regarding potions that are brewed.

Blue Potion Item ID # 505

This pulls out Item 505, but does not contain the "Named" aspect of the potion. It just pulls out regular potions. This is to say, it removes the "Named" quality of the potion, implying that it may be removing the potential 50% bonus factor received from rank.

Is this actually occurring? It would seem so .. But I do not know how the script for "Ranked Named" Potions work.

~~~~~~~~

Thoughts:

You can test through game feedback by using the item as its intended and make a comparison, but the only way to know for sure is to know HOW the @restock system works #1. And #2. how the item script for "named" potions (especially with ranked) work.
I'd imagine the "named" part works as a subtext for the script line .. that does a check with /alchemist to see if the name is there, and grants the bonus server side.
If this is true, then. well. It makes it very difficult for Restock to help with retrieving brewed potions that are ranked.

~~~~~~~~

thx.. sorry.
(This post was last modified: 07-14-2016 12:06 PM by sheam.)
07-14-2016 11:57 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Ciar Offline
Always Sleepy

The issue with named items has already been fixed, and will (hopefully) be added on next reboot.

[Image: UAx69ij.png]
07-14-2016 12:33 PM
GM-Garr Offline
Local friendly code monkey

It was added last crash :3

Want to help HeRO with new content? Join the T&D Team!

For info on the server, check out the HeRO wiki.
To see your ingame account, visit the Control Panel.
If you encounter any problems, don't hesitate to submit a Support Ticket.

And don't forget:
Not all dragons are bad...
07-14-2016 02:01 PM
sheam Offline
Final Universal Love

I'm relieved. ^_^
07-14-2016 06:31 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply