• 0 Votes - 0 Average
Trial of Heroes July 2016 Feedback Thread
GM-Ciar Offline
Always Sleepy

Trial of Heroes July 2016 Feedback Thread

Host: GM-Ciar

Monster Trial:
  • 10x Jejeling (Hat-Ring) - Frost Diver, Status Recovery, Waterball
  • 7x Engkanto (Man-Lif) - Venom Dust, Venom Splasher, Stop, Heaven's Drive, Quagmire
  • 5x Manananggal (Vampire Lady) - Critical Wounds, Snap, Backslide (casted on the target to knock him/her back), Energy Drain, Mirror Image
  • 3x Mangkukulam (Creepy Hag) - Gravity Field, Wall of Fog, Dark Jupitel, Dispel Lv 1, Dark Strike
  • 1x Bakonawa (Aqua Dragon) - Storm Gust Lv1, Lord of Vermillion Lv 1, Meteor Storm Lv 11, Dragon Fear, Water Escape Technique, Bleed Attack, Ice Breath

Item Trial (25 Minute Time Limit):
  • 40 Purple Gem
  • 38 Piece of Armor
  • 30 White Moustache
  • 8 Magic Necklace
  • 6 Moon Jewel

Trivia:
  • 1. Which weapon card increases damage against angel race? butoijo or buto ijo, 2 people got it right
  • 2. Where is Mystra's Castle located? niflheim or nifleheim, 4 people got it right
  • 3. What is comodo field 07 also known as? Beacon Island of Pharos Beacon, 1 person got it right
  • 4. Which headgear grants 40% resistance to the Freeze status? Bear beanie, no one got it right
  • 5. What item is required to create Scribbling Pencil? Pencil case, 8 people got it right
  • 6. Name the Chief NPC in the Continental Guard quest. Balrog or Chief Balrog, 5 people got it right
  • 7. How many towns does the warper NPC currently warp to? 33 or thirty three, 3 people got it right
  • 8. Who is the queen of the fairies? Pixie or Lucretia, 12 people got it right
  • 9. In what month did the server open? October or Oktober, 17 people got it right
  • 10. How much zeny does prontera warp cost? free or zero, 17 people got it right

Mass Battle:
7 Light Vs. 8 Dark
Dark Side won (2 - 0)

Total Players: 18
Light Heroes: 8
Dark Heroes: 10

Duration: 1 Hour 50 Minutes

[Image: UAx69ij.png]
07-26-2016 10:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

RE: Trial of Heroes July 2016 Feedback Thread

Despite giving a "hard" vote on this Monster, it was hard in a good way for my char. I am proud to say I beat the Aqua Dragon, which was a major ego boost considering I died in the round with the Old Hag. But she wasn't even the worst mob, that goes to the Vampire Lady mob. I was very very lucky to get away and escape that round when doing the Trials because those Flying Side Kicks were way too common yo. >_<

Item Trial, why oh why did you make us farm so many white mustache? I kept getting ks'd too when trying to fight Taos. I think the main problem that made this item trial so difficult was simply the sheer number of the same mobs we had to kill (Tao + Thana) which just made it hard to avoid some KSing. :s

And of course, thank you for the extra bonus trivia, and its the only reason I got the score of 94 that I did. XD

Last, but not least, I love you GM-Ciar, but please take what I've said above into consideration next Item Trial at ToH. ;3

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
07-26-2016 10:28 PM
Summerstream Offline
Yggdrasil Scholar

I'm going to be honest and say that this ToH frustrated the hell out of me. Was not nice for my soul linker at all. Don't think I've been this frustrated with a ToH since the one I attempted to do on my Ninja. (Which was just a stupid idea.)

Monster trial: Passive first wave that seemed to mimic the Miming shennanigans a few ToH's ago, only without the freeze. The final wave I was able to run past, and wave 4 was the other one that I was able to go "Bye" to.
Being on a soul linker, I got screwed over waves 2/3 with stop and snap respectively. I honestly should have tried to kill these two waves, but I didn't really trust my cast time in the two minute time period on these waves, given the number of mobs.

Item trial: I was expecting Tao's, and I got taos. Two gathers actually. Needless to say, due to my lack of a multi-carded necro rod, my motivation getting shot from monster and seeing the item list, and for some reason trying to kill the Taos that I knew I would have trouble with in the first place. I honestly should have left any attempts to kill Tao's until the very end after I had gathered other items.

Agreeing with Aaronock here that the mobs we had to hunt should have been more spread out across the possibilities. Too many people hunting a large amount of the same mob.

Trivia: Fairly balanced, but my mind was blanking out of frustration and being unsure of spelling.

Regardless, I ended with 54 points. Not the lowest out of all attendees this ToH, but certainly not something I'm proud of, especially after last month.

[Image: .gif]
Test & Dev | Wiki
The taste of our wine is as divine as the stars
Summerstream | Amelia Newman
Ithilethiel | Aquaris Harmoni
.Pavan. | Sheena Archer
~Saya~ | +Aurora+
Wine Brewing Society
(This post was last modified: 07-26-2016 11:44 PM by Summerstream.)
07-26-2016 11:35 PM
The Roger Offline
RNGOD PRAISER #1

Monster trial 1° statement: im glad i brought gtb, i used it 4 waves out of 5. If i didnt have it i prolly killed only the vampire ladies (but i brought many many potions)
Monster trial 2° statement: im glad there was no hiding monsters (i forgot my powerful satellite hairclip, my bad this is)
Monster trial 3° statement: connected to first statement, i think this MT (monster trial) was hard but the monsters werent much aggressive soooo... i guess was fine?

Item trial 1° statement: THIRTY. WHITE. MUSTACHES.
Item trial 2° statement: THIRTY WHITE MUSTACHES at 15% drop chance
Item trial 3° statement: the two easy items are standard, no easy no hard, just right as it has to be. But the mustaches really drained alot of time from making the special crafted items. At least for me.
in a bit more of 20 minutes, i gathered the p.gems, the armors, and half of the mustaches. Zero craft items. Maybe i had to focus on those special items instead of mustaches, if it was planned like a "time-trap" then it worked out really well.

Album Collection:
[img]WIP[img]
and counting

CLICK HERE HeRO Videos!

[Image: image,RNGod,white,black.png]
[Image: NYD-ONESHOT-7-85-M-damage.png]
[Image: Screenshot-20190605-030429.jpg]
07-27-2016 08:29 AM
Menace651 Offline

All the people that didn't bring Marc and failed the first wave. Huehue Icon_twisted

30 white moustaches was just terrible. I stopped at 8 moustaches. Statically it would take 200 General Turtles to get 30 moustaches which is pretty difficult to do in the allotted time.

I was actually expecting a pretty close fight in mass battle but it looks like all the light people vanished towards the end.

Just @who2 Menace ingame. You should find me if I'm on. thanks!
07-27-2016 02:07 PM
ChaosPrince Offline
Troll Prince

why 10 trivia questions when we normally only have 5?
07-27-2016 03:35 PM
GM-Ciar Offline
Always Sleepy

I added bonus questions due to the White Moustache issue in item trial. Thanks for the feedback, heroes!

[Image: UAx69ij.png]
07-27-2016 06:25 PM