Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Salutations and Confusion
Remi Vanillie Offline

Salutations and Confusion

First off, hello! Im going to admit that I have very little experience with Ragnarok online, I have played a couple servers before but only the really stupid high rate ones. I never actually played the official server and have no knowledge of good class builds, lore, maps, level progression, etc. So Consider me a max nub. I am familiar with location names like prontera and payon but beyond that I dont know how to get there or whats there, or anything like that at all. I have never done a single quest in Ragnarok online, and know very few terms.

I started the game fine with the direction the NPCs gave me but once I got teleported to the desert city place, the on with the giant hole in the ground, I got lost. I found the NPC bunch, the healer and the kafra lady. I dont know where to go to get quests, level up or change my class or anything lol...I need a guide or a friend to direct me, even a teacher to learn me a few things. I looked at the guides here but they still have me a little(lot) lost, as Im more of a hands on learner.

I wanted to play as a bard at first but it got complicated learning how to play it so Im kinda bummed on that and havent decided on a class to play as.

I picked ragnarok because my computer is butts and cant play anything good, and this game seems to have itself figured out, I settled on this server because of its name and low rates(because 10,000x rates suck all the fun out)

I have a skype if anyone wants to chat with me on there, its quick and easy and im always on my phone lol...

tldr; Noob is lost, Needs Direction.
(This post was last modified: 07-31-2016 07:34 AM by Remi Vanillie.)
07-31-2016 07:34 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Rahice Offline
The Malevolent Queen Maleficent

RE: Salutations and Confusion

First off, welcome to heRO!

Sounds to me like you were teleported to Morroc. The Pyramid is where you would go to start the Thief training/job change. However to do that you need to be Job Level 10 before you are able to accomplish this and to get there you would exit through the North-West portal (red dot).

If you weren't trying to become a Thief, you may have been teleported to a random place via the starting npcs/didn't pick a location yourself or skipped the quest/newbie gears/etc.

We do feature a custom starting experience, with gears, you can read more about it by clicking here

And here as well.

For walkthroughs on how to locate/do quests, the only ones on our Wikipedia will be for Customs this server has. However, iRO wikipedia has a lot of information to assist with as well.

this link will showcase a lot of the normal quests (ones that aren't customized/created by heRO server)

this link will give you an idea and run-down on the Job Change Quests
- We also provide a NPC in Prontera named Job Changer. This NPC will change your job, but if you do the above mentioned Job Change Quest the old fashioned way, he'll give you prizes instead.

Holding CTRL and hitting th ` (also has ~ on the keyboard) will show you the entire map of Midgard. Hitting the ALT key will display the maps proper names such as prt_fild04/remove the map names
- If you look in the bottom right corner, there's a small Poring. Click this guy and he'll show you suggestions for leveling/more locations and click him again to make it disappear.
- Hovering over the cities will also show you with an arrow the town links (Kafra warping abilities).

This might not be much, but it will get you started!

[Image: Rahice.gif]
Thank you Ren for the Signature!
07-31-2016 01:08 PM
Remi Vanillie Offline

Oh. Em. Gee.
Thank you, thank you a million times over!! This is what the doctor has ordered, I appreciate your comment and the time you spent writing it! I will start over from the beginning and give these guides and links a go!
07-31-2016 03:18 PM
Summerstream Offline
Yggdrasil Scholar

Welcome to the server!~

[Image: .gif]
Test & Dev | Wiki
The taste of our wine is as divine as the stars
Summerstream | Amelia Newman
Ithilethiel | Aquaris Harmoni
.Pavan. | Sheena Archer
~Saya~ | +Aurora+
Wine Brewing Society
07-31-2016 04:26 PM
Nick Offline

Welcome to the server! If you have any question or need help feel free to PM me, DamnTheNick, i'll gladly help if i can Icon_biggrin
07-31-2016 06:07 PM
Bellatrix Offline
=DDD

Welcome!
08-01-2016 01:27 AM
GM-Ciar Offline
Always Sleepy

Welcome to heRO!

[Image: UAx69ij.png]
08-01-2016 01:35 AM
KaminoKaoru Offline
call me kri

Hi! Welcome to the server! Laugh

I actually met someone who's also very new to the Ragnarok just recently. I'm not sure if it was you though. Anyway, I'm always willing to show the ropes to new players when I get the chance. Feel free to look for Kriya @Main or pm me here.

Icon_biggrin

This goes to all my friends, new, old and the ones
I've lost over the years but have never forgotten.
(This post was last modified: 08-01-2016 10:13 AM by KaminoKaoru.)
08-01-2016 10:12 AM