Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Satan Morroc
Child of Bodom Offline
The Satelite

Satan Morroc

Could we add a way to get rid of the assumptio cast on SM or maybe make it cast it when its lower health. Have done a few tries on it now and unless u have amazing champ gears (Mvp cards/god items) it seems very difficult to get it killed in the hour that you have before it despawns. I dont think it should be gone forever but maybe a cast at 5 mil making the end grind harder or even 7.5 or 10 because having to do 90% of a 20 mil mvp that heals alot with assump is pretty much immpossible with normal champ gears. Just wastes alot of peoples times when the mvp eventually despawns. It would also help newer players be able to do it earlier. tbh i also think just getting rid of it would be fine but I also know theres a reason assump was added.

Animal Path 99/70 Sniper
Asura Path 99/70 Champ
Deva Path 99/70 LK
Human Path 99/70 CLOWN
General Bo 96/67 WS /gg
Raine Sage 99/70 HP
My Name Is Phil 99/70
Jin Kazumi 98/69 LK
Boromir 83/59 Pally
I'm a Champ 93/50 Monk!
The Lionhawk 86/50 Wizard
Strip 76/48 Rogue

Im going to stand out above the crowd. Even if I got to
Shout out loud, Til mine is the only face that you'll see,
Im gonna stand out, til you notice me
08-27-2016 09:37 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Roger Offline
RNGOD PRAISER #1

RE: Satan Morroc

I was thinking the other day to SM sumping itself.

A king of Demons, a truly evil beast who casts a sacred skill like Assumptio.
I agree with the very little sense to total nonsense.

Having it removed completely its kinda harsh, imo. So yes it could be set at 5m or lower HP.

...or

Create a new skill, Dark Assumptio, with inverted colors of the normal assumptio, who reduce damage by one third, triggering when at 10m hp or lower.

Now even pre-re satan morroc officially got his hp reduced to 8m and something, and it doesnt have assumptio, lol.

Our SM and WM are still at 20m and 15m hp so...

Album Collection:
[img]WIP[img]
and counting

CLICK HERE HeRO Videos!

[Image: image,RNGod,white,black.png]
[Image: NYD-ONESHOT-7-85-M-damage.png]
[Image: Screenshot-20190605-030429.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 08-27-2016 08:55 PM by The Roger.)
08-27-2016 08:53 PM
sheam Offline
Final Universal Love

Hey Bodom. ^_^

So let's see..

As far as I'm aware, as I have never done Satan Morroc, is that he does not cast assumptio, but his minions do. The Demon/Ghost Spirit type monster does this. (He looks blue, radiant, and ethereal.)

IF this is the case, one strategy may be to kill all but one of his minions so that he does not spawn more. For you, this would include this Demon/Ghost Spirit.

IF Satan Morroc himself is casting Assumptio, then it will have a cooldown. Perhaps 15 or 30 seconds, and bringing a Sage to cast Dispel to remove this will help as well.

I'm excited for you, best of luck!
(This post was last modified: 08-27-2016 10:12 PM by sheam.)
08-27-2016 10:11 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Child of Bodom Offline
The Satelite

I dont think you can dispell him tbh, it is the ghost that casts it. And it pretty much reassumps once it sees someone enter the map. Pretty much after the first few hits he gets assump for rest of the time unless u can hit it while the ghost is healing after assump runs out. The killing mob thing has good merit for sure but it also means bringing something that can kill a 155k health ghost type in reasonable time and hoping SM doesnt spawn it back right after. And again u only have an hour so if u cant do that quickly uve wasted precious time. I dont think its realistic to expect new people without amazing champ gears to even have a chance at killing it, as people who have been here a while and have the best non mvp/god item gears available have trouble doing it. So now no one really kills it ever lol. Just think we need to make him more available as he offers good pvm/woe gears that no one even attempts to get now a days.

Animal Path 99/70 Sniper
Asura Path 99/70 Champ
Deva Path 99/70 LK
Human Path 99/70 CLOWN
General Bo 96/67 WS /gg
Raine Sage 99/70 HP
My Name Is Phil 99/70
Jin Kazumi 98/69 LK
Boromir 83/59 Pally
I'm a Champ 93/50 Monk!
The Lionhawk 86/50 Wizard
Strip 76/48 Rogue

Im going to stand out above the crowd. Even if I got to
Shout out loud, Til mine is the only face that you'll see,
Im gonna stand out, til you notice me
08-28-2016 12:10 AM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

We haveta remember this boss was customized back in eAthena engine back before 2010.

We're on a new engine now with different behaviors from monsters.
I'm open to adjusting the boss based on these changes. I hope the GM team may consider it too~

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
08-28-2016 12:14 AM
sheam Offline
Final Universal Love

Shy RE: Satan Morroc

I see.

That would make dispelling Satan Morroc pretty pointless, wouldn't it?

This means you'll want to tackle how to reduce his slave count back to 1.

According to Satan Morroc Skill Script, he will only respawn his slave count when he has less than 1. (Refer to Follower Summons)

Might I suggest using a ranged class to peel off a Minion from him before fully engaging? That way you can burst him down before engaging in the full fight. An excellent way to destroy the Ghost minion is to hit lock him. I understand time becomes a concern then before he reteleports back to Satan Morroc, but you can deal 150k damage in a 10 second window with the right gears. Pnuema will prevent snipers, but a ghost sword and Bash / Bowling Bash deals incredible damage on an LK.

Also, Bodom, its not so hopeless. Satan Morroc is fully intended to be end-game content. It was designed to require heavily fortified combatants to take down, but with the right finesse, you can do it with less than perfect gearing.

Just hit the drawing board! You got this.

And as Aaronock pointed out, the scripting may be different for Satan Morroc on this server. Unless it was a custom edit by Athena, however, the slave count will indeed stay at 1 until he changes to wounded.

If I had access to the live script, I could give you a much better strategy. For the time being, let's try ruling out everything.
(This post was last modified: 08-28-2016 12:48 AM by sheam.)
08-28-2016 12:27 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

GM-Ayu edited Satan Morroc to behave differently on this server than the usual at the time.
This was because several of his skills weren't implemented correctly in eAthena. Icon_razz

I'd pull the page up from the wiki regarding the changes, but can't seem to find them lol.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
08-28-2016 12:57 AM
sheam Offline
Final Universal Love

Right! Just confirmed. He DOES continue to spawn his minions, regardless of how many there are.

And as his hp lowers in the fight, HE WILL cast assumptio on himself.

Based on this information, I'd imagine Satan Morroc's difficulty is set a bit too high. But that's just me. Hopefully the GM's can analyze it.
08-28-2016 02:59 AM
Demogorgon Offline
Awesome

The biggest issue is not even really that sump puts his effective hp to 40m which is sky high above any other endgame content,
but that the change also effectively doubled his healing rate, so if you accidentally port it or a partyhiccup happens somehow the timeloss is enormous.

Taking long on a boss may be tedious but not seing progress at all or seeing 10 min of work undone by an unlucky teleport is whats really frustrating, espacially since its one of the few mobs on a timer.

If you wanna keep his hp pool high to let him stay a hard endgame challenge for non gloom/megg users what about editing its ghostslave and his own skillscripts and slow the healspam instead by either half (basically old healing speed wo sump) or try 2/3 first to not make it too easy.

PS: That dark palette Sump animation suggestion from Roger sounds awesome flavourwise, a huge demon with a Halo farting rainbows doesnt shake my boots particularily

If you stare into the Abyss there's a 1d20 chance that 2d4 lesser Tanari'i
stare back at you
(This post was last modified: 08-28-2016 08:32 AM by Demogorgon.)
08-28-2016 08:28 AM