• 1x Amdarais (????) - Dragon Fear, Change Undead, Grand Dark Cross

Item Trial (25 Minute Time Limit):
  • 42 Turtle Carapace
  • 36 Genie's Lamp
  • 30 Blue Hair Lock
  • 8 Smelly Cheese
  • 6 Moon Jewel

Trivia:
  • 1. Which MVP has a 0 sec delay when using meteor storm? Amon Ra, 4 people got it right
  • 2. How much HIT does True Sight Lv 5 grant? 15 or Fifteen, 6 people got it right
  • 3. Name one item that is required to learn "Ki Explosion". Shoot or Stem, no one got it right
  • 4. What arrow can you create with a Key of the Clock Tower? Oridecon or Ori, 6 people got it right
  • 5. Name the NPC in aldebaran that trades bullions for 500k zeny. Alchemist or Alch, 2 people got it right
  • 6. Name one monster that spawns in ein_fild01. Punk or Demon Pungus, 1 person got it right
  • 7. Name the squirrel mob in the 2nd monster trial wave. Squirrel or Petal, 5 people got it right

Mass Battle:
11 Light Vs. 8 Dark
Dark Side won (2 - 0)

Total Players: 19
Light Heroes: 11
Dark Heroes: 8

Duration: 2 Hours 30 Minutes

[Image: UAx69ij.png]
08-28-2016 11:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

RE: Trial of Heroes August 2016 Feedback Thread

Monster:
----
Wave 1: Pretty fair, but the HD spam was ridiculous. Won it, but had to expend a ton of consumables, shoulda taken that as a hint this was going to be a hellish ToH.

Wave 2: The posi lag was so intense and it felt impossible to approach these long range jerks. I am not sure how anyone really won this round since the mobs on top of it had 27k hp. On top of it they were mini boss as far as I could tell since I tried to approach them with hide and they still unspotted me. With no way to approach fairly, I had to run.

Wave 3: Why did this mob need not only Hammerfall, but Crit Wounds too? I mean, pick one or the other for us to fight against, especially if it has 50k hp. That is over 250k hp we had to wring through this round and that's ridiculously lots of hp to rip through in this round. Again, not sure how anyone 10pts this without some insane DPS.

Wave 4: Really? Did this thing not do enough? It made more sense for 50k+ hp on this round at least, but I had to run it, it was just too much for my poor little self to bother with.

Wave 5: The boss started off easy enough, but seemed to get way stronger in the last quarter of health, I wound up dying because of that.

Item:
-----
Seems our last month complaints fell on deaf ears. This month we were told to farm 36 Genie Lamp (drops at 18%) and 30 Blue Hair Lock (12% from Thanatos). How was this deemed a good idea or even a fair choice? I really want to understand the thought process behind how item lists are chosen, since they seem to vary so freaking widely in difficulty from month to month.

Trivia:
-----
Trivia was okay, and actually balanced. But why was it okay for people to talk so much with no punishment? I probably could have gotten one or two other questions here correct had people not been allowed to be so distracting. And it amazes me that Ciar here had the patience for it without really exacting any punishment because it was that bad with the amount of chatter between questions.

Overall:
-----
Seriously, I get that you want these to be challenging, but how is it really fair to give us mobs with 50k+ hp for rounds 3 and up very fair? How are most players meant to kill these if they are tankier builds or mages who can't pump out the DPS a WS, Sniper, EDP Sinx, or Crea can pull?

For item, why has it turned into something where we must farm such large quantities of items with very low drop rates with so little time? Could the amounts for these items be tweaked so that it may be difficult, but not impossible to farm the full number for? If the Genie Lamps and Blue Hair Locks had been at one-third or one-half their number, it woulda been much fairer and doable to score 10pts on.

Do we even want to encourage variety at the event? Because this ToH certainly didn't seem to want it. I get it, WS is a very strong class in TOH, but there has to be better ways to counter the class that does not completely stress out others who may want to participate. So many who usually got wings didn't get them at all this ToH. A fair, and still challenging ToH would have seen those players who normally roll 90+ pts score around 70-80 instead.

When balancing in the future for difficulty, this is what I would keep in mind most.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
08-28-2016 11:31 PM
The Roger Offline
RNGOD PRAISER #1

Monster trial:
i'll write how i fought the five waves:

1) gear gtb cuz i fear magic mobs and CT while potting when necessary

2) gear gtb cuz i fear magic mobs and CT while potting when necessary. Yeah they were pushing you back but, CT is powerful.

3) gear gtb cuz i fear magic mobs and CT while potting when necessary

4) gear gtb and YES TAKE THIS YOU DAMN WATERBALL USER, gear satellite hairclip (YES i brought it this TOH *_*) and CT while potting when necessary

5) gear gtb cuz i fear magic mobs and CT while potting when necessary. Power up? Well, i was wearing Deviling.

Item trial:

Despite what aaronock said about deaf ears, this item trial was better because:

1) 42 t.general is easy.

2) 8 smelly cheese aka 40 baphomet is easy.

and we're already 20 points;

3) and 4) are the same, the genie lamp and the blue hair yes they have low droprate but its just matter to kill these mobs.
So first you gather 42 carapace and 8 smelly cheese, meanwhile you randomly kill ifrit and thanatos. After you have the carapaces and the cheese, you could focus on ifrit and thanatos only to increase the pointage score from them, or focus on the other special item, the jewel.

In the first 10 minutes i made 22 points: carapaces, cheeses, and 5 genie lamps (despite 46 ifrit kills), so making 30 points at least in the given time was totally possible and easy or low difficulty.

Album Collection:
[img]WIP[img]
and counting

CLICK HERE HeRO Videos!

[Image: image,RNGod,white,black.png]
[Image: NYD-ONESHOT-7-85-M-damage.png]
[Image: Screenshot-20190605-030429.jpg]
08-29-2016 07:27 AM
Child of Bodom Offline
The Satelite

I liked this ToH. ToH should not be an easy contest that people can walk into with whatever you want. Its supposed to be a trial. None of the Monster trial mobs were very hard on a well geared farming class, wave 4 i found a little much but i accidentilly grabbed two of them at once and it didnt go well for me. That was my mistake not the mob being to hard. Maybe its my Bias as playing a LK but i think people forget that it is a trial and that its not meant to be easy for classes that arnt great at solo farming cause otherwise the better farming classes are gonna roll through it even faster.

I wasnt in item trial.

PvP was cool never really done it before so was fun :D

Trivia was good questions cept that one that no one got. The talking i dont think should be punished tbh. The questions come up in bright yellow so its pretty easy to distinguish between questions.

Overall I give this ToH a 8/10 Good work :D

Animal Path 99/70 Sniper
Asura Path 99/70 Champ
Deva Path 99/70 LK
Human Path 99/70 CLOWN
General Bo 96/67 WS /gg
Raine Sage 99/70 HP
My Name Is Phil 99/70
Jin Kazumi 98/69 LK
Boromir 83/59 Pally
I'm a Champ 93/50 Monk!
The Lionhawk 86/50 Wizard
Strip 76/48 Rogue

Im going to stand out above the crowd. Even if I got to
Shout out loud, Til mine is the only face that you'll see,
Im gonna stand out, til you notice me
08-29-2016 10:45 AM
ChaosPrince Offline
Troll Prince

I scored 69, I like that number Icon_smile.

Considering the passing grade in highschool/college is 60%, 30 points out of 50 in monster and item would be nice, that would leave trivia and mass battle for less "privileged" players to even have a chance to get a voucher.

I'de like to know what was the average score of this ToH.
08-29-2016 02:24 PM
GM-Ciar Offline
Always Sleepy

ChaosPrince Wrote:I'de like to know what was the average score of this ToH.

I didn't keep count, but there were at least 11 out of 19 participants with a score below 70.

[Image: UAx69ij.png]
08-29-2016 07:21 PM
VietNam90 Offline

I am having some trouble in TOH but i finish Test ToH Event
I realize ToH very Interesting
This is the first i Join

I have a idea
Quote:50 Allegiance points for Light or Dark Allegiance (You just need 50 allegiance points in order to join. You don't lose these points as part the entry fee or as part of the event. Check this link for details about Allegiance points. )

we need reduce 50 => 10 Allegiance Points , everybody can Join ToH event
Quote: 100 ToH points and above: Your hero gear + 2 OCA + 2 OPB + 10 Allegiance points!
90 ToH points: Your hero gear + 1 OCA + 10 Allegiance points.
80 ToH points: Your hero gear + 1 OPB + 1 Bloody Branch + 5 Allegiance points.
70 ToH points: Your hero gear + 1 Bloody Branch + 5 Allegiance points.
60 ToH points: 3 OPB + 1 Bloody Branch + 5 Allegiance points.
40 ToH points: 3 OBB + 1 Bloody Branch + 5 Allegiance points.
39 ToH points and below: 3 Poring Box + 2 Gift Box + 5 Allegiance points.
And reward:
Begin 20 Points Score:
The end 100 Points score:
Because when newbie join ToH .They chance Got Allegiance Points

Thank for Read
(This post was last modified: 08-30-2016 11:35 AM by VietNam90.)
08-30-2016 11:31 AM
Plant Away

Considering there's a simple doll turn-in quest that gives you enough to attend ToH, I think it's kinda like a moot point to lower the minimum requirement to attend since you get enough points with a single quest. Or you can lower the requirement to 5 so that you do not require a quest at all to join which seems to be a better idea if you want to encourage people to join. I support the idea of raising awareness that ToH as an event exists but I can't say the same about raising participation because it tends to become horrible player experience for newbies to attend ToHs anyways because there are those who harshly insult low-scorers in #main and go unpunished.

Edit: Tried to sound less trolly and aggressive because that wasn't my intention.

<><><><>

Not sure how many would appreciate this opinion of mine because I went in for fun this month with a level 40/10 baby novice, bearing in mind that I'd have to leave for schools halfway through ToH.

I agree that ToH should not ever be an easy contest for anyone to waltz in and out with perfect points. I remember messing up real real bad in past ToHs and still being able to score high and I even managed to score close to 100 in my first ToH without any idea of what's going on during monster and item trials. All I did back then was mindlessly spam skills and pot up. I shouldn't be allowed to do that and still get high points.

ToH should be less lenient to people messing up and I'm fine with the fact that I got severely punished for going into Monster Trial as a confident baby novice without properly scouting their skills beforehand with trick deads, stone throws and kiting. I should have also prepared hotkeys for my varying accessories (I had like 5 different utility accessories, only one was hotkeyed) and be prepared to burn more pots against monsters that seemed intimidating. I should have really gained 20 points from this trial (screw Soheon, that thing is impossible to outrun) but instead, I get 5 on my baby novice because I thought I would survive going past all those aggro without any thinking.

About item trial, can't say I know it how it will go if I attended it but I do feel that RNG is likely gonna screw me up with those high amounts of low rate drops in my attempt to score 50 (assuming that I join as SN/LK instead of baby novice).

Oh and I request a change to the ToH Score Sheet so that it doesn't have any level requirement just like ToH entry doesn't Icon_razz
[Image: tG7l2YO.png?1]
(This post was last modified: 08-31-2016 04:25 AM by Plant.)
08-30-2016 12:08 PM