Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Customizing weapon sprites?
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

Customizing weapon sprites?

I'm kinda curious. Seems like a lot of the earlier weapons have their own unique weapon sprites (Mighty staff, Stunner on priest, chains on acos and priests) but then gravity got lazy and left the vast majority of equips with a generic sprite when the characters are in a battle stance.

I don't think I've ever seen a server customize their own weapon sprites for the attack animations. Has anyone ever figured out how to change that stuffs?

[Image: giphy.gif]
The Oka Compendium
: A glorified record of my alt-a-holic-ism. May or may not be up to date at any given point.
10-07-2016 03:10 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Roger Offline
RNGOD PRAISER #1

RE: Customizing weapon sprites?

Uhm, i think its possible? By just changing some files? But if theres isnt a proper file anywhere, ready to replace the basic one, and has to be created from nothing it will be a huge work to do imo.

Album Collection:
[img]WIP[img]
and counting

CLICK HERE HeRO Videos!

[Image: image,RNGod,white,black.png]
[Image: NYD-ONESHOT-7-85-M-damage.png]
[Image: Screenshot-20190605-030429.jpg]
10-07-2016 08:49 AM
Wyatt Offline

RE: Customizing weapon sprites?

It's time consuming. Have to grab a basic weapon as a template, rip the .spr and .act apart, extract the .spr as several .bmp images, then using paint program create new .bmp images for each of the required frames, re-compile those finished .bmp images as the .spr. Then go through the .act for each frame as needed. Gotta have the right file names in place, as well as a few other things I'm probably not informed of.

I've got the spearfish weapon ripped apart cause I want to make it look like a fish for the animations.
One day I might actually work on it..

P.S. If someone gives me a blue santa hat, i'll drop everything and work on it.
(This post was last modified: 10-08-2016 03:31 PM by Wyatt.)
10-08-2016 03:26 PM