Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Higher tier Elemental Armors?
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

Higher tier Elemental Armors?

I was thinking today. All of the armor types wings and cards and what have you all leave you with a lvl 1 element. Fire 1, Water 1, earth 1. Even with the double wing effect, you still only have lvl 1 fire if you chose to use a pasana or an evil druid in those wings. Some Elements really don't have much benefit from wearing them that I can tell (here's looking at you, Earth) at least at a lvl 1 ele's resists.

My question is what if players had access to higher tiered elemental armors? Take a Wind 2 or 3 armor down into the depths of byalan and no waterball or Jupital would really make you flinch.

Take a water 2 or 3 armor to thors, or even fire 2 or 3 and laugh as kasa tickle you with their breath.

Outside of certain elements, I really don't see too much downside to this. Ghost would be problematic for the PVP/WoE scene, and holy's immunity to most elements would make it Beyond Overpowered.

[Image: giphy.gif]
The Oka Compendium
: A glorified record of my alt-a-holic-ism. May or may not be up to date at any given point.
10-23-2016 02:48 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

RE: Higher tier Elemental Armors?

Interesting. I had an elemental project in progress before, with fire spirit and water spirit, sadly the person making the sprites quit on me before completing earth and wind. Still, maybe the project will be revived at some point.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
10-24-2016 09:11 AM
The Roger Offline
RNGOD PRAISER #1

High elemental armor tier may be broken because some elements gets huge reductions; Water 2 grants immunity from water attacks, not only from watery magics but from physical too; Water 3 grants 25% healing from water attacks and Fire immunity, plus 50% reductions from Ghost, poison and Undead. Fine when on a monster, broken on a player.

Earth 1 doesnt reduce earth but cuts Wind in half, Earth 2 reduce Earth by 50% and Wind by 75%. while reducing some of Ghost and Undead. Earth 3 again, is fine on monsters but imo broken on players, as grants Earth+Wind immunity.

On the ohter hand, Shadow 1 doesnt reduce the common elements nor Shadow, Shadow 2 instead grants reduction by 25% of water, fire, wind, earth, poison, 25% heal from shadow, 50% from ghost and undead immunity, while increasing the Holy sensibility. Shadow 2 may be somehow balanced, but it requires further inquiry.
Shadow 2 is similar to Holy 1, but Holy 1 is granted by Angeling card and thats not a common one.

Holy 2 is already broken, player-side. 50% reduction from: water, fire, earth, wind, poison, ghost, heal 25% from holy. Ok 150% dmg from shadow but, cutting half of the main elements is already huge, considering them all at the same time.

Wind 1 is already powerful somehow: 75% reduct from wind and 50% from water. Wind 2 will grant immunity to wind and 75% reduct from water mantaining the +25% dmg from posion. But dmg suffered from earth will increase.

Fire 1 is similar to wind 1, and fire 2 is similar to wind 2: immunity to fire and 75% reduct from earth.

Those high levels of reductions, or eventually of immunity, may be unbalancing. A wide range of tests must be conducted on them imo.

Album Collection:
[img]WIP[img]
and counting

CLICK HERE HeRO Videos!

[Image: image,RNGod,white,black.png]
[Image: NYD-ONESHOT-7-85-M-damage.png]
[Image: Screenshot-20190605-030429.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 10-31-2016 10:53 AM by The Roger.)
10-24-2016 02:09 PM
Demogorgon Offline
Awesome

Highly against it,seems way too hard to balance and opens space for cheese-strats.

For most aspects of gameplay the elemental cards are already the best defensive option and almost mandatory in many places.

Buffing the Gear that is already best in slot doesnt seem reasonable to me,espacially with so manys deviling cards on HeRO.

that makes me think though,if you disable the op combo of deviling + level 2 ele by making it a set effect on a nonslotted garment or garment card with specific armors it might work (still selected elements only that seem remotely balanced)

If you stare into the Abyss there's a 1d20 chance that 2d4 lesser Tanari'i
stare back at you
(This post was last modified: 10-30-2016 03:39 PM by Demogorgon.)
10-30-2016 03:38 PM
EvolutionXI Offline
Sniped

I would love updates to the elemental wing quests to allow upgrading them to level 2. That way we don't need to worry about OP combos for regular armor sets or the other elements (holy, ghost, etc).

Over time, a lot of the custom items in HeRO kind of became useless as new items were released. It'd be great to see upgrades to the custom items to put them back in play. Avian Wings were always one of my favourites way back but then as slotted pantie+undershirts became more available and the dragon set too, they became less useful (especially with the level requirement on them).
10-30-2016 03:56 PM
sheam Offline
Final Universal Love

Roger brings up critical balancing concerns, and Demogorgon's opinion seems trustworthy. That kind of bonus to damage reduction would make it hard to justify.

The first feeling I get when considering introducing this is for custom content. What if it weren't permanent? ^o^

To push the idea further, if you had a custom wing or armor that gave a Lvl 1 Property, it could ascend to Lvl 2 / 3 / 4 similar to how this armor procs: Mithril Magic Cape

We could consider this when designing custom mobs with multi-elemental property offense, and make the activation trigger from receiving a different property. *Earth 1 becomes Earth 2 when damaged by Wind or Undead Attacks.

To expand on the idea further:

Player
  • Tank
  • Armor or Wing with Lvl 1 Water Property
  • Elevates to Lvl 2 @ % chance when taking Poison or Undead damage

~ vs ~

Content
  • Complex Fire-Themed Mob
  • Auto-Attacks are Fire Property, Poison, or Undead
  • Consistent Fire / Poison / Undead Property Skills

I find difficult content tends to require a Sage or Scholar to help support, and I'll be honest I'm not a big fan of SP Battery being their Primary function.

Deluge, in this case, will boost the Tank's HP, while increasing the duration of Blinding Mist.

This increases the tank's damage mitigation by raising their HP by 15% and, due to Blinding Mist's upkeep being easier (and thereby encouraged), raises tank's avoidance from damaging offensive skills.

This further provides the benefit of +% Damage w/ Water Property from Storm Gust, Cold Bolt, Freezing Spear, and Mild Wind Water induced Estin / Esma / Estun to name a few.

If the armor proc'd, it'd temporarily lower those fire hits from 50% damage taken to 25%, but also the Undead and Poison by an additional 25% reduction.

I digress.

Joe's proposition can still be strongly considered under the right settings. The "Experience > Theory" feedback both Demogorgan and Roger bring to the table are also invaluable.

Let's brainstorm more! >:D
(This post was last modified: 10-31-2016 10:25 AM by sheam.)
10-31-2016 12:35 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply