Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Unequip Gear Slots [Skill Bar > Equip Window]
sheam Offline
Final Universal Love

Unequip Gear Slots [Skill Bar > Equip Window]

Not going to go into too much detail, but there are circumstances where its preferable to switch to no weapon in the middle of battle.

Desire for Faster Function with Less Point 'n' Click.

If you want to disarm, you will use Alt+Q and Double Click @ Weapon. This is not as efficient since you redirect your mouse from move click's, pick up click's, skill click's etc.

I admit this is a very minor inconvenience, however, equipment swapping as we know plays an important role in the game. It also has a "game feel" and "stat customization control" that is very satisfying.

The inability to disarm weapons, or any gear slot, feels like a limitation.

Advantages of Disarming
  • Sniper switching to Falcon Assault focused damage and having a higher attack speed to spam it faster.
  • An Assassin or Assassin Cross opting repetitive Back Slide uses to cover ground quickly.

Current Solutions / Fixes / Thoughts

A very good solution was suggested to me by Own and Hibari Kyoya, and that is to:

Use a Shield to disarm yourself to Fist / Unarmed.

This makes me consider that.. perhaps.. you could create a sort of "dummy gear" for weapons (including the other gear slots)

It would function as: "Remove current equipment and replace it with Nothing."

Course, I can only mostly guess at how most of RO is coded and what limitations may be set by it, but, that'd seem like the Easiest / Natural Game feel way of incorporating a "Disarm X Gear Slot" into the game. =3

I would highly value your opinion on this one Arronock, and you too GM Garr. Thank you.
12-02-2016 10:28 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

RE: Unequip Gear Slots [Skill Bar > Equip Window]

I don't have much opinion on his one, RO is an older game and doesn't make it easy to swap to alternate gear sets easily like in newer games.

I'm aware some roguelikes and mmo's do have a wap to alternate gear type things on the fly with a button out of combat. But I am not so sure if something like that can be easily implemented into this game unless the officials code it in first. Personally if its possible, I'd love for this feature to de-equip weapons, and even the second accessory slot to replace with another more easily...

But, on the other hand, part of RO's challenge is understanding and timing gear switches on the fly with keys. Icon_razz

Somehow I get the feeling this isn't the kind of response you were expecting. Icon_razz

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
12-02-2016 10:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
sheam Offline
Final Universal Love

Mm. =3 I agree with what I believe you're saying in regards to "gear set" swapping -- it would take away from the game feel. That's a bit too much modernization for RO.. almost similar to requesting a "Skill/Stat Build #1 and #2" for players to use in the field away from Reset NPC and its mechanisms..

Gear swapping serves this Role Changing, or dual stat/skill build function, very nicely.

The real reason why I value your opinion on this one is because your judgement is very keen for determining "ease of implementation." other things too. I read your posts. ^_^

Garr's does as well. Well. tbh Garr is like Super Amazing SSJ17 Codeing Wizard xD .. so yeh.. It'd be nice for it to exist, but only if it can fit well and especially if its not hard to put in. thank you arronock.
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2016 12:23 AM by sheam.)
12-03-2016 12:20 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
gianluca280395 Offline
Starved from coding

hm, maybe just create a new dummy weapon like you said, and add that to the OnEquip trigger:

Code:
unequip(EQI_HAND_R);
if(readparam(BaseJob) == Job_Assassin)
unequip(EQI_HAND_L);
end;

chars:
Crazy Bandit - Stalker
Nurelion - Creator
(with his amistr Gobball :3)
Sarcedos Signat - High Priest
Rulindil - Star Gladiator
[Image: code_monkey_coffee_mug-ref73810428c94d21...pe=content]
12-03-2016 05:35 AM
Bakorzero Offline

wait, so if we use barehand we cast skill faster ?

Mofy

Forever and ever :3
[Image: lfWi1Fq.gif][Image: G7JCiGG.gif][Image: YqIxIQd.gif]
12-03-2016 05:59 AM
The Roger Offline
RNGOD PRAISER #1

(12-03-2016 05:59 AM)Bakorzero Wrote:  wait, so if we use barehand we cast skill faster ?

It depends if the skill is aspd-related (barehands = higher aspd, because weapons reduces aspd)

(12-02-2016 10:28 PM)sheam Wrote:  
Advantages of Disarming
  • Sniper switching to Falcon Assault focused damage and having a higher attack speed to spam it faster.
  • An Assassin or Assassin Cross opting repetitive Back Slide uses to cover ground quickly.

Current Solutions / Fixes / Thoughts

Use a Shield to disarm yourself to Fist / Unarmed.

Here you go, just bring a light shield on sniper to switch to FA-mode, and with sinx too to backslide better (if it has katar weapon).

I dont see other situations in which i'd like to go barehanded with other classes.

If we have to work to implement a "feature/fix" for swapping equipped gears, it should be the AccessoryLeft and AccessoryRight computed separately, as until now when you have 2 accessory equipped it will swap only the right one (right because is on character's rightside)

Album Collection:
[img]WIP[img]
and counting

CLICK HERE HeRO Videos!

[Image: image,RNGod,white,black.png]
[Image: NYD-ONESHOT-7-85-M-damage.png]
[Image: Screenshot-20190605-030429.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2016 07:39 AM by The Roger.)
12-03-2016 07:32 AM
sheam Offline
Final Universal Love

That's a good point roger, about accessories.

Also to note, when you dual wield with an Assassin, you can preserve your endow on the main-hand and still switch to a Moonlight Dagger to help generate SP .. or even a shield when you foresee unavoidable damage.. I get that's a little like how the acc's get stuck but for weapons.

Its little things like this. They make me think a revamp for gear allocation wouldn't be a great idea.

Heya Mofy. ^_^ Yes sir. Every skill you cast has a cool-down timer. Some ranging from 7 seconds to 0 seconds, but any time your "cool-down" is lesser than or equal to your "motion delay" (aspd), then your "motion delay" becomes the new cool down.

For example.. Falcon Assault has a 3 second cooldown. If a sniper were to benefit from a high-int bragi, then they could receive .. say .. 96% skill cool down delay reduction. (This is the blue song clowns and bards use.)

In bragi, it would reduce Falcon Assault from a 3 second cooldown to a .12 second cooldown.

While wearing a bow, a sniper could be .. let's say for example .. 184 ASPD, or .32 Second Motion Delay. (time between each auto attack)

If the sniper goes unarmed, which has a much higher weapon aspd, they will get the max aspd 190, or .2 Second Motion Delay.

Therefore, by doing this, the sniper goes from being able to cast Falcon Assault 3 Times per Second.. to 5 Times Per Second.

Pretty neat huh? =3 Applies to all other sorts of stuff too. ^_^ I love this game.
12-03-2016 08:34 AM
The Roger Offline
RNGOD PRAISER #1

(12-03-2016 08:34 AM)sheam Wrote:  [...] able to cast [...] 5 Times Per Second.

Actually there is a hardlimit for skill usage fixed at 0.33s, so 3 skill/s. Instead for autoattacks everything is normal, 190 aspd=5atk/s.

Album Collection:
[img]WIP[img]
and counting

CLICK HERE HeRO Videos!

[Image: image,RNGod,white,black.png]
[Image: NYD-ONESHOT-7-85-M-damage.png]
[Image: Screenshot-20190605-030429.jpg]
12-03-2016 09:49 AM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

(12-03-2016 07:32 AM)The Roger Wrote:  Here you go, just bring a light shield on sniper to switch to FA-mode, and with sinx too to backslide better (if it has katar weapon).

I dont see other situations in which i'd like to go barehanded with other classes.

You could bash faster on a swordie class character if you have more attack speed. This can also be advantageous if you know the character you're doing this with has a chance to stun, or you are trying to trigger a status effect from other gear you might be wearing. Similar for thief class with Envenom, Sand Attack, and Pick/Throw Stone Icon_razz

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
12-03-2016 11:35 AM
sheam Offline
Final Universal Love

This has become an educating thread. xD !~ The mind bombs going off. <3

This post may not be relevant, but screwsit. Imma gush. u guys r cool
12-03-2016 02:28 PM