Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Permenantly Increased Card Drop Rates
Menace651 Offline

Permenantly Increased Card Drop Rates

Could we permenantly increase the card drop rates to .05% or higher? At least for non miniboss and mvp cards. The server is 11 years old and I think of lot of players don't feel like farming a .03 drop rate anymore. Add to this the fact that OCA'S and DCA'S are stupidly plentiful and easy to obtain thanks to holiday/bag events and it makes hunting for a .03% card even more fruitless.

Just @who2 Menace ingame. You should find me if I'm on. thanks!
12-19-2016 12:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Roger Offline
RNGOD PRAISER #1

RE: Permenantly Increased Card Drop Rates

I know that 0.03% sounds scary, but its fine; i dont think it should be changed...

Album Collection:
[img]WIP[img]
and counting

CLICK HERE HeRO Videos!

[Image: image,RNGod,white,black.png]
[Image: NYD-ONESHOT-7-85-M-damage.png]
[Image: Screenshot-20190605-030429.jpg]
12-19-2016 02:16 PM
Menace651 Offline

(12-19-2016 02:16 PM)The Roger Wrote:  I know that 0.03% sounds scary, but its fine; i dont think it should be changed...

Of course you wouldnt want it changed, Roger because it would devalue and hurt the chances of you selling all the cards you and all the other people who abused the birthday event for hundreds of OCA's.

(This post was last modified: 12-19-2016 02:46 PM by Menace651.)
12-19-2016 02:31 PM
sheam Offline
Final Universal Love

(12-19-2016 02:31 PM)Menace651 Wrote:  
(12-19-2016 02:16 PM)The Roger Wrote:  I know that 0.03% sounds scary, but its fine; i dont think it should be changed...

Of course you wouldnt want it changed, Roger because it would devalue and hurt the chances of you selling all the cards you and all the other people who abused the birthday event for hundreds of OCA's.

That is an interesting point, Menace, and I'd like to abate all possibilities of ill-motivated intent.

I infer that Menace's context with this response is to inform the public of a method that is questionably exploitative, and not to attack Roger or other potential benefactors. This would appear rather hypocritical given recent events.

Roger has built a good foundation for credibility, and I firmly believe he asserts his opinion in good faith. I began assessing it after the Queen Scaraba Card thread, and I'm closely attuned to his intentions.

I happen to agree that the card drop rate should not be increased. This is because I've noticed a pattern of drop rate restrictions.

Treasure Loot being unaffected by gum and having a fixed drop rate, birthday event being only raised by x4 when it was assumed to be higher by someone I trust, bonus drop rates were removed early while bonus exp remained, and Bubblegum is a difficult item to acquire.

This tells me that drop rates are closely monitored.. though while I do not know by whom, my suspicions attach to the same people that provide other incredibly synergistic benefits such as Bee Wings and Buddy Beanie. In other words, this helps rule out any potential for bias because I see clear intent for server growth and balance. I have gone into detail about these in prior threads.. Especially in the last sentence.
12-19-2016 06:52 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Demogorgon Offline
Awesome

Dont know how extreme the holidays have been regarding OCAs but OCAs/DCAs were always abundant here (mvping alone nets tons bc of easy obtainable BBS,Fishing and events).

Not sure if that burst towards roger is a personal thing or whatever but ofc his,yours and everyones stance regarding important server questions are impacted by their current ingame situations (eg if you swim in OCAs already and cant sell a fracture of the cards you hoard you wont like a drop increase)

that being said,i assume you hunted cards recently and have been on the bad side of rng?! no offense,but everyone has at some point.part of the motivation in joining a low rate server is that finally succeeding feels more rewarding. People will always want faster rewards but from my experience no matter if its gear,xp or any kind of reward, the more you give in and increase rewards the faster people lose interest.

We can of course discuss everything but a huge Change like this (0.03 to 0.05 is a 2/3 increase) imo needs a bigger case than "...a lot of players dont feel like farming...."

If you stare into the Abyss there's a 1d20 chance that 2d4 lesser Tanari'i
stare back at you
12-19-2016 07:00 PM
Menace651 Offline

(12-19-2016 07:00 PM)Demogorgon Wrote:  Dont know how extreme the holidays have been regarding OCAs but OCAs/DCAs were always abundant here (mvping alone nets tons bc of easy obtainable BBS,Fishing and events).

Not sure if that burst towards roger is a personal thing or whatever but ofc his,yours and everyones stance regarding important server questions are impacted by their current ingame situations (eg if you swim in OCAs already and cant sell a fracture of the cards you hoard you wont like a drop increase)

that being said,i assume you hunted cards recently and have been on the bad side of rng?! no offense,but everyone has at some point.part of the motivation in joining a low rate server is that finally succeeding feels more rewarding. People will always want faster rewards but from my experience no matter if its gear,xp or any kind of reward, the more you give in and increase rewards the faster people lose interest.

We can of course discuss everything but a huge Change like this (0.03 to 0.05 is a 2/3 increase) imo needs a bigger case than "...a lot of players dont feel like farming...."

No, my suggestion was more motivated to balance out server economy and promote actual gameplay. I don't really farm cards any more(except for some mini's/mvp's). if I wanted I could just spam my Event bags and BB's for easy DCA's and OCA's.

But back to my point. Why have card drop rates so low but then allow players to obtain hundreds of OCA/DCA's easily by just sitting at events? It's taking away from people actually DOING things on the server and is just expediting the death of the server. Increasing the drop rates might actually encourage people to go farm cards and explore areas of the game instead of just waiting for events and popping OCA/DCA's.

It's just like how I was against past easy exp and zeny events like King of Drops, Mini-Muspel and yeah let's not forget that year with the goldrings...

Bottom line I would like to see GM's create more incentive for people to actually party and farm and not just sit in town and events for easy zeny, items and exp.

12-19-2016 08:42 PM
The Roger Offline
RNGOD PRAISER #1

(12-19-2016 08:42 PM)Menace651 Wrote:  Why have card drop rates so low but then allow players to obtain hundreds of OCA/DCA's

Uhm, because Oca's chance of getting something good is really low? And the chance of getting exactly what you want is lesser than going out there and hunt the specific creature? :o

(12-19-2016 02:31 PM)Menace651 Wrote:  

Oh but i only did a favor to those competing in the Chicken Run, killing all those nasty boxes so they werent distracted by such things so they were able to freely focus on the race Icon_smile yes yes no need to thank me ^_^

I think i actually got like hum 20-30 oca's from that event, i kept forgetting its start each hour so i didnt take part to many runs; anyway when people discovered the hidden labyrinth just behind the starting place, there was more competition to get those treasure boxes.

My main source of albums was, is and will be from mvping.

You're saying that card drop rate is too low for our modern times so less and less people will go out there and farm cards, so i've done only a good thing setting up a wide cards mall in prontera to provide players new and old what they wants for just some zeny Icon_smile

"Sick of low card's drop hunt? Come shop at Roger's Mall, where you can buy what you want!"

PS: another thread about RNGeesus

Album Collection:
[img]WIP[img]
and counting

CLICK HERE HeRO Videos!

[Image: image,RNGod,white,black.png]
[Image: NYD-ONESHOT-7-85-M-damage.png]
[Image: Screenshot-20190605-030429.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 12-20-2016 09:11 AM by The Roger.)
12-20-2016 04:21 AM