Poll: Card Remover npc: yes or no (MOTIVATE YOUR VOTE WITH A COMMENT)
Yes, retrieving only the card and with a great zeny cost
No, because other ppl who have highend gears smells.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Card Removal - before complaining after reading the title, read the damn thread
The Roger Offline
RNGOD PRAISER #1

Card Removal - before complaining after reading the title, read the damn thread

People complains.
People complains about everything, everytime.
After six years, SIX, lets talk again about Card Removal.

This was the discussion: click here

Im pro card removal. Not a removal service like those filthy high rates, where you get back cards AND gears intacts at 100% success, but a service that retrieves only the card and destroyes the piece of equipment.

People back in the days complained about "omg someone is going to decard its deviling from the stupid muffler and putting it into a proxy omg omg OP gamebreaking!!11!!1!one!"

Seriously, people complained when wool scarf+ tidal shoes got introduced, because their lovely +10 mufflers and +10 boots were going obsolete. Or with diab Mant + Diab boots, relatives to wool+tidal combo.
In 2010 the cutting edge was Proxy, for garments. Today there isnt really a best garment, because Proxy is good (alone), diab mant is good (alone+combo), green babydoll is good (only in combo); tomorrow, who can say, maybe we will have better gears one day.

Another point of the complainers was: economy ruins.
This feared monster: the market collapsing, the inflation exploding!!

Market already suffered many injuries during the years, up to today: mi gaos, blank cards, slaves farming, BB's from GR's GWs...
People complained that nobody would have farmed those high end cards ever again because "they could simply decard and compound again them into the better gears!!!11!!one!!two!!"

Like they were only the ones who wanted miniboss/mvp cards: cmon, there were and there are many people who farm them because they still doesnt have those cards.

Like the economy now its still something: i think me alone im covering the 50% of the current economy, basically with my 40 vendors selling equips and cards, maybe even more than 50%, who knows.
Server population is low by quite some time, we all know.

...oh? What are you saying? Where are all those people who were complaining about stuff? Why, dont you dont see them?
Oh right, they quit.

Time has changed: now a Card Remover isnt "umbalancing" (even if maybe it wasnt in the past too, but there were ppl complaining about "other people who have old gears with powerful card being able to upgrade the gear in which they were compounded", basically a bunch of envy dudes from what emerges from the old thread.)

I want a card Remover npc, which offers its service under these clauses:
-Only the card is retrieved, the gear goes destroyed.
-Zeny cost of 100M zeny.
-100% success.

Pros:
-It will be a permanent zeny sink.
-Old gears will regain value instead of being trash paper (often) and see new scene on markets.

Cons:
-people not farming for cards anymore: Are you serious? First of all: people who? there arent people farming today maybe because there are NO people at first. Second thing, people who still doesnt have that card will farm for it. Who already has the card wont farm for it, mostly. So this point doesnt hold imo.
-economy ruined: as i said, by quite some time we dont have an "economy" anymore, As im basically the only one putting stuff on sell into the market. Im trying to holding the economy up and a card Remover will benefit the economy as the older stuff will see their value increase and return to be exchanged, sold, or used (resulting into a zeny sink). Its really hard to keep a value on things, even the more basic ones, because without a proper demand, those items could be priced low because no one asks for them, or be set very high because no one farms them so the supply generation is low or non-existant. So this point doesnt hold imo.
-any other cons? PS: cons who hold the point.

Im pro card-removal npc. Vote and motivate with a comment why you voted that.

TL;DR:
Modern times can substain the existence of a Card Removal npc so vote Yes.

Album Collection:
[img]WIP[img]
and counting

CLICK HERE HeRO Videos!

[Image: image,RNGod,white,black.png]
[Image: NYD-ONESHOT-7-85-M-damage.png]
[Image: Screenshot-20190605-030429.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 12-28-2016 10:39 AM by The Roger.)
12-28-2016 10:29 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Menace651 Offline

RE: Card Removal - before complaining after reading the title, read the damn thread

I'm for it. It would serve as a good zeny sink and let people upgrade their gears and make them useful again without having to re-farm extremely rare cards that they wasted on noobie gears before the release of orcus, nydd, etc.

But knowing this server I doubt it's going to happen. People on this server are too opposed to major changes (for better or worse).

Just @who2 Menace ingame. You should find me if I'm on. thanks!
12-28-2016 12:17 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

RE: Card Removal - before complaining after reading the title, read the damn thread

I only am against it cause of the mass number of Ghostrings on this server from fishing in the early days of heRO.

A lot of those GR's are still kind of around since people actually passed those gears on to others. This actually affects not just PvM then, but also PvP/WoE scene too.

Otherwise, I wouldn't really care too much these days if we had a card remover. Icon_razz

PS: If there's a way to prevent GR's from being de-carded then you can change my 'no' to a 'yes.'

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
12-28-2016 01:59 PM
The Roger Offline
RNGOD PRAISER #1

@Aaronock: So many GR's passed that who cares about it already has a valk GR and a retro-woe GR.
...actually, non-valk GRs are useful in a non-reborn-equppable armor, as they can be worn in retro-woe, and in that environment you just need to swap on GR for a brief moment usually, else you get petrified/frozen, so which piece of armor the gr is matters less.

And keep count that many GRs are in storages of ppl who doesnt play anymore and maybe wont ever access it again.

Anyway, once those few GRs are extracted, it wont an "issue" anymore.

But again, the ones who cares about GR already have a valk GR.

Album Collection:
[img]WIP[img]
and counting

CLICK HERE HeRO Videos!

(This post was last modified: 12-28-2016 02:40 PM by The Roger.)
12-28-2016 02:39 PM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

Personally don't mind, it'd definitely help me with my gearing plans since I do have some weapons I'm not planning on using anymore, but I could use the cards inside them, it'll save a lot of time and money if I could get all those cards back. And I could get that annoying zerom out of a glove and into a bradium earring too~

I would think it'd have to be something you'd have to quest for though. So you can't just walk into the old Roleplay tavern and have a drink and unload half your kafra into the guy to get zillions of cards back. Maybe it could be like the BG equips where they'll only take equips your character can wear naturally?

[Image: giphy.gif]
The Oka Compendium
: A glorified record of my alt-a-holic-ism. May or may not be up to date at any given point.
12-28-2016 02:43 PM
The Roger Offline
RNGOD PRAISER #1

(12-28-2016 02:43 PM)The Legendary Joe Wrote:  [...] it'll save a lot of time and money if I could get all those cards back. And I could get that annoying zerom out of a glove and into a bradium earring too~

If the service costs more than the cost or a zerom card (still at 10m nowadays) its not convenient to use it, better find a seller or going farm it by yourself; zeroms are easy to brainless farm y'know.

It could have a quest associated, maybe a new smith or enchantress...

Album Collection:
[img]WIP[img]
and counting

CLICK HERE HeRO Videos!

12-28-2016 03:16 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

(12-28-2016 02:39 PM)The Roger Wrote:  @Aaronock: So many GR's passed that who cares about it already has a valk GR and a retro-woe GR.
But again, the ones who cares about GR already have a valk GR.

I don't have a GR of my own at all, anywhere. So, that's a huge strike against you, and sure nice of you to assume you know what kinds of gears I own. ;3

I'm concerned because it does have the greatest effect on our server from the pvm and woe perspective. Who said that the biggest issue was even people moving them from non-trans armors to valk armors? No, instead, my conern stems from how many of those GR's will soon go into stat enchanted gears, in general, instead.

12-28-2016 08:26 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

(12-28-2016 09:23 PM)Kiyochan Wrote:  I don't see a direct assumption that you own a GR anywhere in Roger's reply to you.

As for the topic at hand, I'm neutral/indifferent to an NPC for such a feature, but I haven't considered all the possibilities of such an addition.

It's because he assumes that those who care are the ones with GR's in Valks already. He may not be attacking directly, but it's a correlation I'm choosing to draw here nonetheless.

Besides, no reason was given to get so aggressive XD

Edit: I'm just of the opinion though that one could care for a variety of reasons, the change neither hinders nor benefits the way I personally play but do consider how others might have different circumstances. It especially matters when those older Ghostring cards have been handed down since 2005 and that they are concentrated in the hands of a few vets who gladly lend them out like candy for a variety of environments in the game itself.

(This post was last modified: 12-28-2016 09:31 PM by Aaronock.)
12-28-2016 09:29 PM
Keegan Offline

I am for a card remover NPC. As a newer player (about 8 months on the server) I would welcome this. Sure those with great gear maybe able to get even better gear. But from my point of view it would be nice (for example) to be able to upgrade from a +5 wool scarf with a raydric to a +7 without having to hunt / buy a new card. Also would say that 100 mil is to high for non-mini boss / mvp cards. Also would recommend that there be an option to get the gear back instead of the card.

As I see this may stimulate the economy because older player might try upgrading there gear, since they will not have to hunt a second GR for example.
12-28-2016 09:52 PM
The Roger Offline
RNGOD PRAISER #1

Aaronock, i meant that the people who already have a GR in valk are the ones caring less about removing a GR from a non valk armor, for they it will be already good to keep the "good-for-retro-woe" GR as it is if they have that along the valk GR.

Who instead doesnt have yet a GR will either farm it or buy/trade it, and even a +4 Cotton Shirt [GR] will retain its Ghostring Card value, instead of being devalued because its a "cotton-shirt-GR". I hope its more clear =_=

Anyway, woe isnt made only by GR or Not-GR :o

For the cost it may detect which card type is, if normal or miniboss/mvp and apply proper cost.

Album Collection:
[img]WIP[img]
and counting

CLICK HERE HeRO Videos!

12-28-2016 10:17 PM