Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Party SP command and buff :D
Bakorzero Offline

Party SP command and buff :D

I once played as SP healing prof back then, and we have 20 members pt who some of them are SP dependent char. Being sp healer in that pt can be painful. You dont know which person needs SP the most at some point
Is there a party SP command in the server ?, I think it would be great to add Icon_smile
I got these features from my previous server tho, basically when you are in pt just insert command @showpartysp and you'll know each members SP in percentage :
[Image: zjKZ47t.png]
that really helped me a lot back then we also have @showptbuff to know which person needs buff with Letters symbols to help priests player Icon_biggrin
[Image: 682s20M.png]
I think that will be a good addition Icon_smile

Mofy

Forever and ever :3
[Image: lfWi1Fq.gif][Image: G7JCiGG.gif][Image: YqIxIQd.gif]
(This post was last modified: 01-01-2017 09:44 AM by Bakorzero.)
01-01-2017 09:37 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
sheam Offline
Final Universal Love

RE: Party SP command and buff :D

omg omg omg omg omg omg omg

Gms, Please give! *Passes out.*

This would make it sooo much easier on creo too. /slur
01-01-2017 02:53 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
KaminoKaoru Offline
call me kri

Yes please CryCry Ok

This goes to all my friends, new, old and the ones
I've lost over the years but have never forgotten.
01-02-2017 02:35 AM
GM-Garr Offline
Local friendly code monkey

This is an interesting system, and I think it's plausible to do it, wiggling around some client limitations (for example, each name has a 24 character limit [actually 23 meaningful + 1 NULL terminator]).

But there are some questions I'd like to hear about:

SP thing is pretty much straightforward, so not much questions there.

Now, for buffs. General concept that I know of is using 5 letters:
B - Blessing
A - Agility Up
F - (Full) Chemical Protection (Depends on config, I've seen several)
S - Soul Link
+ - Devotion

Here comes the question: are these all that's needed? For example, we can remove something and add some buff instead. Example would be Kyrie Eleison/Assumptio. Or just remove. Or just add. While I haven't even started (and even after I do it'll be plausible to change that). So this needs to be thought out.

Second, since all symbols will take up valuable character name space, there needs to be 2 things considered:

1) Both views can't be activated at once. Period.

2) There are character names that will be longer than that 23 char limit with that addition, so they'll need to be truncated, at least. So will need to know how to truncate, aka what character will indicate truncation. … and ~ are 2 options that are commonly used.

That's pretty much all I could thing of now before even starting to check things out in code, I'm pretty certain more question will come when I do.

Want to help HeRO with new content? Join the T&D Team!

For info on the server, check out the HeRO wiki.
To see your ingame account, visit the Control Panel.
If you encounter any problems, don't hesitate to submit a Support Ticket.

And don't forget:
Not all dragons are bad...
01-02-2017 10:58 AM
The Roger Offline
RNGOD PRAISER #1

Its simple and fast to make a "alt+#" macro to say "SP Please to *insert name/class*", so the alchemist/scholar can see who needs SP; i dont see needs to have SP of party members showed.

Album Collection:
[img]WIP[img]
and counting

CLICK HERE HeRO Videos!

[Image: image,RNGod,white,black.png]
[Image: NYD-ONESHOT-7-85-M-damage.png]
[Image: Screenshot-20190605-030429.jpg]
01-02-2017 11:40 AM
sheam Offline
Final Universal Love

These are those rare moments where I get a little giddy. ^o^

Roger, you're right, for casual play, that is fair compromise.

I'm very glad you pointed this out, though.

(Mostly cuz I'm super proud of mah' dang self. =P =P =P But just hear me out cuz its mostly for the little guys that dont got mvp card lootz.)

By ourselves, we remain. But together, we win.

Enhancing our capacity for growth begins when we seek to elevate our Awareness beyond 1 or 2 people, and expand to a 12+ Party Perspective.

Once you do this, you have to try to predict the future and preparing for it. In gaming, I've learned to call it Being Proactive. It helps me IRL at my Job.

I know You may agree and many other veteran gamers will as well, that something as insignificant as "knowing something others do not" can make a Significant impact in the hands of those who Inspire and Produce Results with Patience. Rally taught this philosophy best, and I firmly believe in this vision. Its why those who can do this are called Leaders; not Champions. They try to bring out the best in you and not themselves.

All I can do is try so here goes.

A Prof will discover, without difficulty, that the best time Exhale a Champ is after he casts Asura strike -- his SP just hit 0.

Asura Strike, at my current understanding, has the highest damage potential when once a team can learn to use it properly. I see it as.. The more Asura Strikes Per Minute, The Better.

I'll try to explain.

Let's start with High Priest. The Priest/HP's job is to cast is Lex Aterna First, the Second is Suff, Third what Needs to be kept up Assumption/Sanctuary/Pnuema/Safety Wall, and lastly Heal. To make sense of it starts with the desire to make their job Easier.

So let's say the HP/Priest needs to cast Heal on the Prof; he has to do his part to keep the Asura Strikes coming. Why did he have to cast Heal when its a last resort? Because the Prof had to step out of Sanctuary that's next to the Devo Paladin / Clown / Gypsy which also happens to be where the Creator (whose soul linked) is pitching SPP for 8k heals on the Pali who was taking spike damage. Therefore. The Creator knew to keep SPP instead on the Pali to prevent him from dieing vs healing the Prof, the Prof left the safety of sanct to meet the Champ so he could Asura Immediately to reduce the damage on the Pali, and the Priest knew. The Prof Knew. The Pali Knew. The Champ Knew. And the Creator Knew. WITHOUT A DOUBT that the priest should cast Heal on the Prof. Why? Because this is Teamwork.

*takes a breathe*

^ This is a prime example how situational awareness creates Synergy for Speed. Why speed? Because it communicates to everyone "Your time is important to me, and as long as I'm willing to do my best not to waste it, I know you'll do the same for me."

~

When I'm playing Creator, this change will help me do My Job. How? Because it makes their job easier. Nuff said.

-------

Mista Garr. :v

First I'll state my personal need for it.

Skills that provide a visual indication of use are not as essential. That'd rule out the need for Soul Link and Devotion. Furthermore, Agility Up and Bless should be handled by the player.. eventually .. since it not only helps the Aco class to be more productive, it also provides incentive for War Point generation through the use of BG and WoE. (We tryin' to aggro the scenes =P)

That just leaves Full chem. Which is a long ass buff. (lol) So in all, I wouldn't even worry with it tbh.

That aside, it does provide a quality of life change to the game that cannot be denied. And as always, the difficulty of implementation should weigh heavily on the desired functions necessity. sooooooooooo

What do you guys think? ^o^
(This post was last modified: 01-02-2017 10:35 PM by sheam.)
01-02-2017 01:57 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Plant Away

(01-02-2017 11:40 AM)The Roger Wrote:  Its simple and fast to make a "alt+#" macro to say "SP Please to *insert name/class*", so the alchemist/scholar can see who needs SP; i dont see needs to have SP of party members showed.

To be honest, you can use the same logic for party members' HP bars. They can just make a macro to say "Heal please" so we don't need to show HP bars of party members.

More info that's being shown in the game is useful especially when it removes the need for multiple people spamming these kinda stuff every time they need SP:
Quote:SP PLEASE PLEASE SHOVE YOUR BLUE THING INTO ME

[repeat above message enough times to fill chat]

Sheam might have said this above but his text formatting makes it hard for me to get into reading his post (sorry) :u

(Garr, please don't interpret this post as a "Please remove party members' HP bar") Evil

Edit: some grammar and rephrasing.
(This post was last modified: 01-02-2017 02:33 PM by Plant.)
01-02-2017 02:23 PM
GM-Rahice Offline
The Malevolent Queen Maleficent

Both are very good suggestions.

With the server having Buff and De-Buff Timers available on the right of the screen, if you buff yourself first then all the other party member(s). You should have a rough idea when their buffs are going to expire.

I like the idea of the SP registry (but I'm not on the geeky side of RO to know how plausible it is to add anything) and as other people have stated, we could hotkey spam to get what we need (or just carry our own sp refills).

Out of the two ideas, I think the SP would be the most plausible one.

[Image: Rahice.gif]
Thank you Ren for the Signature!
01-02-2017 08:52 PM
The Roger Offline
RNGOD PRAISER #1

(01-02-2017 02:23 PM)minnntre Wrote:  To be honest, you can use the same logic for party members' HP bars. They can just make a macro to say "Heal please" so we don't need to show HP bars of party members.

Well, Gravity coded Health Point Bars in the client, so no need to scream HEAL ME, but not SP bars so you have to scream SP ME only.

PS: 1 scholar usually is enough even in a 12 ppl party (sure it depends how the party is composed, like presence of only 1 sniper, 1 champ not spamming asura, 3 priests, and the other remaining needed classes)
BUT it has to work non-stop and target 11 different ppl in the party window (and the main problem is not giving SP but scrolling every time the party window because that doesnt expand until everyone is showed)

I often play scholar in nyd parties and we walk down deep using ONLY asura as damage source. I have to click 2 hotkeys and 1 left mouse button. And the champ strikes non-stop. And i never had any problem.

Im curious to know why Gravity did not implemented later the SP visible to the other members...

Album Collection:
[img]WIP[img]
and counting

CLICK HERE HeRO Videos!

[Image: image,RNGod,white,black.png]
[Image: NYD-ONESHOT-7-85-M-damage.png]
[Image: Screenshot-20190605-030429.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 01-02-2017 09:28 PM by The Roger.)
01-02-2017 09:22 PM
Bakorzero Offline

wew I am new to RO to be honest, so there are many things I dont know yet.
yes I am also a noob
Aside from that I am also playing casual so well hmm yeah I mean its not like I dont want to make a hard work or something which maybe too hard but pls dont fight okay Icon_suprised
I know perhaps most of the hassle that I have, I can just learn to play bit more git gud or something but well. You know its just suggestion. I also dont know much about coding and any systematical way in it but well, I mean Its not like I demand too much err hm here's a cookie :3
[Image: mm-cookies-2012-lg.jpg]

Have a good day guys
etto also sorry... if I perhaps makes mistakes or something
[Image: cV7TAzE.gif]
I dont want any fight between pro senpais >~<

Mofy

Forever and ever :3
[Image: lfWi1Fq.gif][Image: G7JCiGG.gif][Image: YqIxIQd.gif]
(This post was last modified: 01-02-2017 11:05 PM by Bakorzero.)
01-02-2017 10:43 PM