• 0 Votes - 0 Average
Party SP command and buff :D
sheam Offline
Final Universal Love

RE: Party SP command and buff :D

Mofy..

[Image: original.jpg]

It's ok. We're not fighting.

I really do mean when I say I'm glad Roger pointed it out, and its certainly not snide. Just like I appreciate Mint's candor about my presentation. Just like him, I needed to rephrase. I'm not as patient as those that Sheam consider's sempai, you see?

Roger and I are very passionate, intelligent, and idealistic achievers, but we've developed our strengths in different areas. That doesn't make us better or worse than each other, but rather good focusing tools.

For example, Roger, much more often than I, shows respect by offering the benefit of the doubt, and I automatically reciprocate that through humbleness after I'm able to observe the behavior of those around me (predominately reflected by my image of his worth / influence.)

That being said, I can't prance around like a peacock and expect people to be impressed when I say I'm trying to help. ^o^ I have to be aware that I'm not making a connection with Desire and Affect.

All that being said, what's most difficult to justify, and properly communicate, is that my responses are heavily motivated by its influence on everyone else Who Is Reading This Thread, Not Primarily The People In It

This is my strength. Therefore, I'm challenged by Roger's accessibility to gear, cards, and items. He's -much- further along in acquisition than I am. This makes most of my ideas fall short in their worth to people who have little need for them (=P)..

But what empowers my ideas, always, is my willingness to promote server growth and balance -BEFORE- I will genuinely allow myself to benefit from it.

I empathize with those who struggle with social groups, lack of items, gear, motivation for tedious tasks.. All people who want to party and have fun, see the game, and all its content .. And relieve those restrictions for them and myself.

I haven't been here long. I work 40-60 hours a week. 3 Months were spent homeless. xD But I can honestly say, with a clear conscious, that every step I take forward has Also Been A Step In Someone Else's Shoes.
(This post was last modified: 01-02-2017 11:59 PM by sheam.)
01-02-2017 11:56 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Plant Away

There wasn't any fight between any of us "senpais", pretty sure we're all "nakamas" Changed my mind about sheam.

Since Garr is already considering about doing it, I don't see any point in discussing why it should/shouldn't added instead of discussing how it should be implemented, unless the feature is a bad/abusable feature which I fail to see. Now, bringing this thread back to topic:

Garr Wrote:Now, for buffs. General concept that I know of is using 5 letters:
B - Blessing
A - Agility Up
F - (Full) Chemical Protection (Depends on config, I've seen several)
S - Soul Link
+ - Devotion

Here comes the question: are these all that's needed? For example, we can remove something and add some buff instead. Example would be Kyrie Eleison/Assumptio. Or just remove. Or just add. While I haven't even started (and even after I do it'll be plausible to change that). So this needs to be thought out.

I don't think soul link might be needed since there's usually a visual indicator for that where the player starts shining. Here's some few buffs that I think will be important but provide no visual indication of the buff being active on other players:

1. Kyrie Eleison
Can be slashed with Assumptio I guess since both buffs don't coexist.

2. Impositio Manus

3. Suffragium

4. Providence

5. Aspersio/Poison Enchant/Endow
I think this one might be important but would be tricky to implement this since there's like ten difference elements, maybe add colour or different letters in one slot for each element? Not sure if it's possible.

6. Gospel
Might be hard to implement as well due to giving many different buffs :x

7. Angelus
Cast AOE is screenwide so I guess it is not really needed since the player can look at their own buff timer.

8. Magnificat
Same as above.

9. Gloria
Same as above.

There might be others I can't think of.

Garr Wrote:1) Both views can't be activated at once. Period.

I think that's fine because people would prefer to look at the SP view most of the time rather than buff view would be Profs (Creators would probably need to choose which one to look depending on what they're doing I guess). Maybe if it's possible to implement a quick way to toggle between the two views, that'd reduce the hassle of switching views if the player prefers to see both.

Garr Wrote:2) There are character names that will be longer than that 23 char limit with that addition, so they'll need to be truncated, at least. So will need to know how to truncate, aka what character will indicate truncation. … and ~ are 2 options that are commonly used.

MINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMI... vs MINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMI~

I think truncating the name with ... is fine because I feel like ~ is weird.
(This post was last modified: 08-22-2017 09:06 PM by Plant.)
01-04-2017 04:47 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
sheam Offline
Final Universal Love

After looking at it again from reading Mint's post, I've change my mind. Never too late to r00f.

Impositio Manus and Aspersio are perhaps the two biggest eyesores for buff upkeep. Ez to call out. They synchronize with little, and asking someone to cast it again puts them in a "please do this when you can"; rather than a "I Already Did."

Agi/Bless do suffer some time-sync dErps!.. in various circumstances. Agility Up gets removed through Quag, Dec Agi, etc.. And Bless overwrites when used to cure a Curse or Stone Curse, and also not forgetting when move speed is sourced by a Sniper's Wind Walk to replace Agility Up.

In addition. A High Priest in a sizeable party will often rely on focusing Party Menu for most of their skill casts. Just as example, pacing may become swift, where targeting the right player with the right buff is critical. Even then, often with some members fading from Menu (and off screen) as the High Priest tries to keep up. .. srsly.. Get It Together, Slacker .. ;P

For this, Assumption also can be very useful, since the player can determine recast without averting attention to "Whose Glowing."

The five most important I see for this are Agility Up, Bless, Aspersio, Imposito Manus, and Assumptio.

Notice that pattern? With simple placement of each letter, it has now elevated to a more defined system with Visible Tiers (POOF) to unlock. It can additionally help the player familiarize with RO's unique Heal/Buff Role that progresses with class advancement.

Acolyte
A g i l i t y U p
B l e s s i n g

Priest
I m p o s i t o M a n u s
H o l y W e a p o n (Aspersio)

High Priest
+ A s s u m p t i o

If it were possible to (without any major brick walls in coding), the "letters for each buff" could.. flash .. italicize.. bold.. or fade before the buff is about to expire. AND THIS WOULD:

u guessed it

B Super l33tz c00l N' Stuff.
With shingles gently nailed.
14-Synonyms-for the-word Also.

And this picture of a Bunny.

[Image: 8ae5f6372c3edd5bc793262efa7293bd.jpg]

smile! :3
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2017 10:11 AM by sheam.)
01-12-2017 09:57 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Plant Away

Bumping this cause I think SP bar is good to have with all monsters having shit like reducing sp to 0 and it's better than looking at party members do nothing because they don't realize they have 0 sp.
Also would make a Prof's and Alch's life much easier.
08-22-2017 09:09 PM
Bakorzero Offline

I think GM is too busy with other things, we can only wait. As for now we can just spam SP please in chat Icon_smile

Mofy

Forever and ever :3
[Image: lfWi1Fq.gif][Image: G7JCiGG.gif][Image: YqIxIQd.gif]
08-22-2017 09:56 PM