Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Party SP command and buff :D
Plant Away

RE: Party SP command and buff :D

There wasn't any fight between any of us "senpais", pretty sure we're all "nakamas" Changed my mind about sheam.

Since Garr is already considering about doing it, I don't see any point in discussing why it should/shouldn't added instead of discussing how it should be implemented, unless the feature is a bad/abusable feature which I fail to see. Now, bringing this thread back to topic:

Garr Wrote:Now, for buffs. General concept that I know of is using 5 letters:
B - Blessing
A - Agility Up
F - (Full) Chemical Protection (Depends on config, I've seen several)
S - Soul Link
+ - Devotion

Here comes the question: are these all that's needed? For example, we can remove something and add some buff instead. Example would be Kyrie Eleison/Assumptio. Or just remove. Or just add. While I haven't even started (and even after I do it'll be plausible to change that). So this needs to be thought out.

I don't think soul link might be needed since there's usually a visual indicator for that where the player starts shining. Here's some few buffs that I think will be important but provide no visual indication of the buff being active on other players:

1. Kyrie Eleison
Can be slashed with Assumptio I guess since both buffs don't coexist.

2. Impositio Manus

3. Suffragium

4. Providence

5. Aspersio/Poison Enchant/Endow
I think this one might be important but would be tricky to implement this since there's like ten difference elements, maybe add colour or different letters in one slot for each element? Not sure if it's possible.

6. Gospel
Might be hard to implement as well due to giving many different buffs :x

7. Angelus
Cast AOE is screenwide so I guess it is not really needed since the player can look at their own buff timer.

8. Magnificat
Same as above.

9. Gloria
Same as above.

There might be others I can't think of.

Garr Wrote:1) Both views can't be activated at once. Period.

I think that's fine because people would prefer to look at the SP view most of the time rather than buff view would be Profs (Creators would probably need to choose which one to look depending on what they're doing I guess). Maybe if it's possible to implement a quick way to toggle between the two views, that'd reduce the hassle of switching views if the player prefers to see both.

Garr Wrote:2) There are character names that will be longer than that 23 char limit with that addition, so they'll need to be truncated, at least. So will need to know how to truncate, aka what character will indicate truncation. … and ~ are 2 options that are commonly used.

MINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMI... vs MINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMI~

I think truncating the name with ... is fine because I feel like ~ is weird.
(This post was last modified: 08-22-2017 09:06 PM by Plant.)
01-04-2017 04:47 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Party SP command and buff :D - Bakorzero - 01-01-2017, 09:37 AM
RE: Party SP command and buff :D - sheam - 01-01-2017, 02:53 PM
RE: Party SP command and buff :D - GM-Garr - 01-02-2017, 10:58 AM
RE: Party SP command and buff :D - Plant - 01-02-2017, 02:23 PM
RE: Party SP command and buff :D - sheam - 01-02-2017, 11:56 PM
RE: Party SP command and buff :D - sheam - 01-02-2017, 01:57 PM
RE: Party SP command and buff :D - Plant - 01-04-2017 04:47 AM
RE: Party SP command and buff :D - sheam - 01-12-2017, 09:57 AM
RE: Party SP command and buff :D - Plant - 08-22-2017, 09:09 PM