Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Public Wifi Disabling heRO connection
sheam Offline
Final Universal Love

Public Wifi Disabling heRO connection

Some public wifi's, like here at Taco Bell, won't let me run heRO even if I open it as administrator.

Not sure of how to work around this, but I read enough to think it .. might .. be possible? Not sure. any help is appreciated.
01-14-2017 08:53 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Menace651 Offline

RE: Public Wifi Disabling heRO connection

(01-14-2017 08:53 PM)sheam Wrote:  Some public wifi's, like here at Taco Bell, won't let me run heRO even if I open it as administrator.

Not sure of how to work around this, but I read enough to think it .. might .. be possible? Not sure. any help is appreciated.

Most public WiFi places And businesses have a firewall or block certain websites/incoming/outgoing connections in order to prevent people from downloading viruses or looking at inappropriate websites. My guess is the WiFi at that taco bell probably has this.

However, there are certain work arounds to get past this. In college me and my friends used proxy servers to get past the campus WiFi protections to play online games and look at errrr "certain" websites. There are plenty other ways to beat those annoying firewalls but you'll have to look it up. Just be aware that some places will not look too kindly on this if they discover you are doing this or looking at Nudie websites.

You could always just try and ask the restaraunt nicely to allow incoming connections from the hero server Icon_razz

Just @who2 Menace ingame. You should find me if I'm on. thanks!
(This post was last modified: 01-15-2017 08:16 PM by Menace651.)
01-15-2017 08:09 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply