Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Just for curiosity :3
Bakorzero Offline

Just for curiosity :3

If we edit an aggro monster with sight range of 1000 cell, will it chase us even we are in the corner of a map ?

Mofy

Forever and ever :3
[Image: lfWi1Fq.gif][Image: G7JCiGG.gif][Image: YqIxIQd.gif]
03-24-2017 01:07 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

RE: Just for curiosity :3

(03-24-2017 01:07 AM)Bakorzero Wrote:  If we edit an aggro monster with sight range of 1000 cell, will it chase us even we are in the corner of a map ?

Go find Tendrillion and see it for yourself Icon_smile
03-24-2017 02:17 AM
Bakorzero Offline

I know that monster XD, I mean at least we can tele and it will stop chase us again right ? but what if tendrilion have 1000 cell sight range ? if we tele will he able see us no matter how far away we are from him ? will he still chase us ? given a condition that there is no other obstacle in map, it just plain flat map

Mofy

(This post was last modified: 03-24-2017 02:30 AM by Bakorzero.)
03-24-2017 02:28 AM
The Roger Offline
RNGOD PRAISER #1

LOL tendrilion has 1 attack range, 10 spell range, and 200 of aggro sight range O_O i just noticed now wow

Album Collection:
[img]WIP[img]
and counting

CLICK HERE HeRO Videos!

[Image: image,RNGod,white,black.png]
[Image: NYD-ONESHOT-7-85-M-damage.png]
[Image: Screenshot-20190605-030429.jpg]
03-24-2017 06:35 AM
Bakorzero Offline

(03-24-2017 06:35 AM)The Roger Wrote:  LOL tendrilion has 1 attack range, 10 spell range, and 200 of aggro sight range O_O i just noticed now wow

Woa really 0.0 ? even guardian only have 16 sight aggro range. Btw when I @mi wanderer, there are whimsical wanderer with 1000 sight range 0.0 what is that ?

actually what I want to say is that, if that mechanism work, there are probably some possibilities of mini games that we can create. Perhaps we can create mini game/event like zombie survival ? or maybe tower defense. If the monster have 1000 aggro sight range, they will chase you no matter where you are. For zombie survival, its just simply you have to survive waves of zombie hordes coming towards you. And for the tower defense let say you have to defeat super strong monster that aiming specific target, the monster might be very slow and have many slaves so you have some time to defeat them. If that specific target destroyed you and your team lost the game. Dunno if it is will work tho Icon_suprised

Mofy

(This post was last modified: 03-24-2017 08:17 AM by Bakorzero.)
03-24-2017 07:48 AM
GM-Ciar Offline
Always Sleepy

Just tested with Garr, and while huge sight ranges are possible, the range for monsters to draw a path to the target is 30, so they can still see you, but they won't "know" how to get to you.

The idea of zombie survival is interesting though. Could get a choice of skill for your character (Bash, Thunderstorm, Heal, etc) to use in the extermination, for a bit of variety in strategy.

[Image: UAx69ij.png]
03-24-2017 08:52 AM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

(03-24-2017 08:52 AM)GM-Ciar Wrote:  Just tested with Garr, and while huge sight ranges are possible, the range for monsters to draw a path to the target is 30, so they can still see you, but they won't "know" how to get to you.

The idea of zombie survival is interesting though. Could get a choice of skill for your character (Bash, Thunderstorm, Heal, etc) to use in the extermination, for a bit of variety in strategy.

Wonder if that was changed from eA to Hercules... in the past Tendrillrion has definitely ran over people who thought that fwing abuse is a viable strategy Icon_smile
03-24-2017 09:48 AM
Bakorzero Offline

I guess Tendrilion can smell his prey upon couple of miles away Icon_smile
too bad its only 30 eh Icon_sad
btw what are some general differences between eA and Hercules system ?

Mofy

(This post was last modified: 03-24-2017 10:09 AM by Bakorzero.)
03-24-2017 10:02 AM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

I don't know even close to half of the changes since I haven't played until recently for a very, very long time. That's more up to GM team for sure. For starters though, I was informed that heal bomb works on undead property AND undead race, instead of just undead property.

(Not sure what happens for holy elemental undead race and other extreme edge cases like that.)

While we're on the topic, I'll like to know: do monsters use the spell's limits for cast range, or does a monster's spell range override its cast range?

Eg. Ifrit has attack range of 2. He has sonic blow which is internally range 1. If I tank Ifrit at cell range 2 where he can normal attack me, does he use sonic blow or not?

eA behavior: yes

Official server behavior 7 years ago pre-renewal: no

hercules/present day heRO: ????
03-24-2017 11:12 AM
GM-Ciar Offline
Always Sleepy

Namine Wrote:While we're on the topic, I'll like to know: do monsters use the spell's limits for cast range, or does a monster's spell range override its cast range?

Just checked using a ranged mob with sonic blow. A monster's spell range can override a skill's natural cast range. Seeker can still stone curse from afar, etc. etc.

[Image: screenGarrs%20Test024.jpg]

Namine Wrote:I don't know even close to half of the changes since I haven't played until recently for a very, very long time. That's more up to GM team for sure.

GM-Garr would have to answer this one. I did a quick search but most comparisons I found were to rAthena (Like these two).
I just know Hercules can use plugins, which makes life much easier. :D

[Image: UAx69ij.png]
03-24-2017 02:32 PM